How many people leave after full indoctrination?

• Creator
    Topic
    Cephas' Brother
    Participant

Greetings everyone, and thanks for creating this website. My question to anyone here that was "in the truth" is, how many people leave this church after they've been fully indoctrinated? I suppose I should tell my story, if for no other reason than it might make me feel a little better.

I met the most wonderful woman about a year and a half ago. Beautiful, educated, funny, everything a guy could ask for. We hit it off instantly and started dating a month or so later. I should say now that I've never been really religious, but I don't have a problem with anyone's beliefs. When she told me that she attended church every saturday, I thought nothing of it. I figured she was SDA or something. She gave me little bits of information as time passed, said it was "just a church of god." She told me they didn't celebrate Easter or Christmas because they were pagan holidays, and I had read about sun worship and old pagan religions, so it wasn't shocking to me or anything. 

A few months into our relationship, she invited me to attend a service. I accepted, thinking I might learn a few things. I attended a service for the feast of trumpets, and it made me feel sick. I could feel the fear and guilt hang heavy in the room like a fog. I tried to play it cool to keep her happy, just tried to grin and bare it. Afterwards all I could think about was this "Ahn Song Hang" they kept talking about. Things just didnt seem right to me, and I didn't ask my girl about it at the time. 

I came home and started doing research immediately. I found this site and the others like it, and it was plenty clear to me that she was involved in a pyramid scheme, or mind control group. I didn't confront her initially, as I was unsure of what to say and how she would react. Her mother and she attend every saturday, and [edit by admin]. She's in deep enough that she goes recruiting for them, and she knows full well that they're worshipping a Korean couple. She's been going for three or four years now. 

I finally voiced my concerns to her, and she didn't have much to say when I mentioned the end times prophecy or former member testimony. She said that people had accused them of being in a cult, and when I asked her if she looked into it she said her brother assured her it was ok. I feel really terrible for her, and I'm scared I'll lose her to these people if I go about talking to her in the wrong way. Can anyone help me? I feel so lost.

admin
    Keymaster

hi there PleaseGodHelpMe.  thank you for posting.  i have removed some identifying information from your post as the WMSCOG reads this site and this forum.  in my experience, when friends or family have sought help online, some people in the WMSCOG have taken what they said and shown it to the person who is still involved.  this causes a lot of unecessary tension.  in order to avoid this happening to you, I have removed some specific information from your post as shown by the edits in brackets [].

Cephas' Brother
    Participant

Thanks admin, I tried to keep it as ambiguous as possible, and I appreciate you taking that step to prevent any unecessary tension.

Joshua
    Participant

Everyone eventually leaves this group. Either they discover the truth and leave on their own or they become unvalued and forced out. No one stays in this kind of group forever. I hope in your case the truth sets her free. If she really wants the truth she only needs to really look at her Bible. There are over 500 verses talking about there being one God. There are over 200 verses talking about being saved by grace. Believers in the WMSCOG have to ignore over 700 verses in the Bible in order to make their doctrine true. They say that they follow the Word of God but they really ignore a large part of it. I feel sorry for them. They remove parts of the Bible and in so doing they condemn themselves. Stay strong. You are on the right path and God willing they will be lead to the truth by your example.

Cephas' Brother
    Participant

Thanks Joshua. Your confidence gives me strength. I can't hold my tongue anymore, and I have to show her all this evidence. I'm terrified that she's gonna leave me over this, but she has to see the real truth. Guess I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

ttr
    Participant

start with the top ten reasons:  https://www.examiningthewmscog.com/top-10-reasons-people-leave-the-wmscog/

the fact that Ahn didn't believe in a mother god is the most obvious problem.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.