"He is Elijah because…"

  • Creator
    Topic
  • #7002
    Moved-Comment
    Participant

    This comment was left on Ahnsahnghong's Tombstone Says "The Prophet Elijah", Not Jesus on 11/14/12

    Wendy Adams says:

    He is Elijah because he prepares the way for Heavenly Mother who give us eternal life. Just as earthly mothers give life to their children, our Spiritual Mother gives spiritual life to her children. Simple is a simple does. But he also is our Father from heaven, Jesus was His name the first time He came, and the bible tells us that Jesus will have a new name, and that he will give us the hidden manna. The hidden manna is the Passover, and the new name is Ahnsahnghong. The bible clearly says that Jesus will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation. Salvation is thru the New Covenant Passover and our Heavenly Mother brings her children who celebrate the Passover to heaven at the last day. God bless you

  • #48741

    Simon
    Participant

    no he’s Elijah because he himself said he was.

    #48742

    Cephas' Brother
    Participant

    Simon, is that in the green book that he claims to be "the Elijah"? Not that I doubt you, It would just be useful for my personal notes.  Also I'd have to agree about the trolling thing. I laughed, but I know it's counterproductive.

    And Emily, I think you hit it right on the head for a large portion of this and many other groups in your side note. The ones who ask questions probably end up here 😉 The special ingredients you listed for doctrine I thought summed it up quite nice as well. 

    To get back on topic about Elijah, is there ANYTHING other than "because he prepares the way for heavenly mother" that you can point to that likens him to Ahn, Wendy? Did he raise the dead? Did he bring fire down from the sky? Taken away in a chariot of flaming horses? 

    #48743

    Stained
    Participant

    Emily wrote:

    Wow that was the funniest thing I've read on the forum to date!!

    But I think it's important to note the issues that it raises.  There are many controlling groups out there.  The WMS isn't that unique.  It doesn't really matter what the object of worship really is.  The point is that you have the special ingredients to your doctrine.  

    1. You need to establish a uniqueness unequaled by any other group.  [we are the only ones that celebrate the passover correctly]
    2. Also establish a sense of urgency, "Time is running out" and there is only a limited number of whatever they are marketing.  [the world is going to end soon and there are only 144,000 crowns so get yours before it's too late] 
    3. Convince your followers that they need what you're selling and that without it they are lost.  [without the passover and mama god you will not go to heaven and instead you will burn in hell with all of the other Sunday worshippers].

    Side note:  Making the doctrine complicated only increases the amount of dependency you have on the group.  It reinforces the teaching that without them you cannot understand the Bible or find God.  Eventually you give up and you're like "I don't get it but whatever you say because it's much more difficult to be the only one asking questions while everyone else is blindly nodding yes when you ask if the study was 'clear'".

     

    Emily, if [BTB – edit by admin] were here right now, I'm sure he would agree that your analogy of the point he was trying to make is SPOT ON CORRECT.

    #48744

    ttr
    Participant

    Hal wrote:

    Simon wrote:

    no he's Elijah because he himself said he was.

     John never said he was Elijah..

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

    John 1:21, "And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he said, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No."

    This verse completely contradicts the statement made in Matthew 11:13-14, according to which John is included in the list of prophets, and is held to be the last of them. The words used in that book, which we have had occasion to adduce, run as follows: "All the prophets and the law prophesied until John; and if ye will receive it, this is Elias [Elijah], which was for to come." In Matthew 17:12-13, Jesus, in alluding to John, affirms that the forerunner of himself as a Messiah had come, although he had not been acknowledged as such. He says there, "Elias [Elijah], is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him what ever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of Man suffer of them. Then the disciples understood that he spake of John the Baptist."

    Once, on representing this contradiction to a Christian, he evaded a direct answer by the retort, that Samuel likewise denied his true mission, for he told Saul that he was on his way to offer up sacrifices, while his real object was to anoint David as King of Israel.

    The cogency of this reply is not apparent, for Samuel made no secret of his mission to David to whom he had to communicate the Divine will, but observed the necessary caution with Saul, to whom he had not been sent. Different, however, was the case with the pretended Elias.

    If he [John}, had to bring the Jews the tidings of the advent of the Messiah, he very strangely performed his duty, by denying his character and concealing his message.

     

     

     

    John doesn't have to know who he is in terms of the fulfillment of any Scriptures when answering in John 1.  Jesus reveals it in Matthew 11, but the Scriptures don't say that this is communicated to John.

    #48745

    BTB
    Participant

    Hal wrote:

    The MCRibb has some of the same ingredients as a gym mat.. I prefer the Ribwich! Long live the King! Burger King…

     You see Wendy what I mean.  A slanderer here that does not understand what we know to be true.  He does not hear Ronalds voice nor does he smell the mouth watering sauce of life.  He has already condemed himself by spouting such sacreligious hatred publically and in his heart for the Ribb but what I fear most Wendy is that he may influence others against the Ribb; stealing what is rightfully theirs.  Then where will they turn Wendy ?  Where I ask ?  Whole foods ? To the Asiago Chicken sandwich ?  Where Wendy ?  The Whopper Junior ?  Nothing satisfies like Ronalds Ribb, nothing.  Come home to the Ribb Wendy, come home soon.  We'll keep the light on for ya.  And to you slanderer I say for shame.  You need to study more…

    #48746

    Simon
    Participant

    Hal wrote:

    Simon wrote:

    no he's Elijah because he himself said he was.

     John never said he was Elijah..

     

     

     

    John 1:21, "And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he said, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No."

    This verse completely contradicts the statement made in Matthew 11:13-14, according to which John is included in the list of prophets, and is held to be the last of them. The words used in that book, which we have had occasion to adduce, run as follows: "All the prophets and the law prophesied until John; and if ye will receive it, this is Elias [Elijah], which was for to come." In Matthew 17:12-13, Jesus, in alluding to John, affirms that the forerunner of himself as a Messiah had come, although he had not been acknowledged as such. He says there, "Elias [Elijah], is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him what ever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of Man suffer of them. Then the disciples understood that he spake of John the Baptist."

    Once, on representing this contradiction to a Christian, he evaded a direct answer by the retort, that Samuel likewise denied his true mission, for he told Saul that he was on his way to offer up sacrifices, while his real object was to anoint David as King of Israel.

    The cogency of this reply is not apparent, for Samuel made no secret of his mission to David to whom he had to communicate the Divine will, but observed the necessary caution with Saul, to whom he had not been sent. Different, however, was the case with the pretended Elias.

    If he [John}, had to bring the Jews the tidings of the advent of the Messiah, he very strangely performed his duty, by denying his character and concealing his message.

     

     

      

    Not who I was talking about Hal lol, talking about ASH

    #48747

    Simon
    Participant

    Cephas' Brother wrote:

    Simon, is that in the green book that he claims to be "the Elijah"? Not that I doubt you, It would just be useful for my personal notes.  Also I'd have to agree about the trolling thing. I laughed, but I know it's counterproductive.

    And Emily, I think you hit it right on the head for a large portion of this and many other groups in your side note. The ones who ask questions probably end up here 😉 The special ingredients you listed for doctrine I thought summed it up quite nice as well. 

    To get back on topic about Elijah, is there ANYTHING other than "because he prepares the way for heavenly mother" that you can point to that likens him to Ahn, Wendy? Did he raise the dead? Did he bring fire down from the sky? Taken away in a chariot of flaming horses? 

    https://www.examiningthewmscog.com/archives/ahnsahnghongs-tombstone-says-the-prophet-elijah-not-jesus/

    this is the page the original post is from, further more I believe there is another article here about his family concoring with that, but I am not sure where it is

    #48748

    Love'n Honey
    Participant

    You can’t because abraham is elijah too.

    #48749

    Love'n Honey
    Participant

    There are 4 members who go to my small private college. 3 of them are in my class.. wow.

    #48750

    Cephas' Brother
    Participant

    Abraham is Elijah too, now? My head is spinning 😉 Renita, gonna try and wake them up?

    #48751

    Love'n Honey
    Participant

    Yep but i need to get my study together. I’m going to study one of theirs then pitch it to you guys. Kind of like preaching practice.

    #48752

    Simon
    Participant

    renita.payno wrote:

    You can't because abraham is elijah too.

    was never taught THAT one

    #48753

    Love'n Honey
    Participant

    Its an understanding. God the father is represented by abraham. God the HS is represented by Elijah. Through the trinity, god the father and god the holy spirit are the same. Therefor, god the hs is abraham and elijah and god the father. Elijah and abraham represent the same god. According to the COG.

    #48754

    Simon
    Participant

    doesn’t make Elijah Abraham

    #48755

    Love'n Honey
    Participant

    Yes it does..

    #48756

    Simon
    Participant

    nope. it makes them testify about the same person but does NOT make them the same person

    #48757

    Love'n Honey
    Participant

    Don’t get technical, smart, or w/e you want to call it with me. OBVIOUSLY in my explanation I was speaking about them testifying to be the same person. Don’t be like them and talk to me that way. I’m not stupid and I know what I’m saying.

    #48758

    Simon
    Participant

    you didn’t say that you may have meant that but within context it very strongly appeared like you were twisting their doctrine.

    #48759

    Love'n Honey
    Participant

    No reincarnation…. unless its jesus.

    #48760

    emil
    Participant

    Hal wrote:

    So does WMSCOG teach reincarnation? That is an eastern philosphy…

    I keep getting essays sent to me by this friend who is a member. There is a lot of confusion, contradiction and convoluted logic involved.

    On the one hand, ASH is God in the age of the Holy Spirit. Apparently, the age of Jehovah and Jesus are over. It is now the same person who was earlier called Jehovah and then Jesus but has now got a new name.

    Then there is the apparent reincarnation logic where Jesus came to earth but his mission was incomplete so he had to come again to complete the fulfillment of all prophecy concerning him. In that scenario, it appears that Jesus' death after just 3 years was a monumental blunder and ASH had to come to correct that blunder.

    The other possible understanding is that Jesus came, did his stuff and went. Later the world was found to be too evil and so ASH had to come for clean up services. Now that ASH is gone and one might just expect evil to continue to grow, there might be a few more comings and goings ahead of us. More reincarnation for you.

    Seriously I am not making this up. This is what a simple reading of the stuff she has sent me leads me to conclude. wecome to the world of WMSCOG contradictions. But you probably know all that first hand while my understanding is probably 3rd hand.

Viewing 20 replies - 21 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.