Happy New Year!

• Creator
    Topic
    MountainMom
    Participant

Just wanted to say Happy New Year to all on this site, wmscog members included.  Heck, it's got to be a better year than last year for them, since they thought the world was ending, and they don't have a new prediction this year.  Or do they?  Well, there is always some new scam to get their members all spun up.   Nothing really new, just the newest vehicle for keeping members busy and worried about the apocalypse.

Anyway, praying for an end to the scams, the fear, and the pain this year for all.  God Bless you all!

angelikkepr
    Participant

Thanks MM! As far as I know the WMSCOG members are now looking for more victims telling them that the World War 3 is near so the world will end soon… Like you said scam everywhere! I hope you have a happy New Year too! Lets see what this new year brings.

MountainMom
    Participant

Last year there was a scare about North Korea and Armageddon, blah, blah, blah.  Wouldn't you wonder after a while why not even one of the things they are coming up with comes true?

angelikkepr
    Participant

Because is a cult full of lies? Lol… Btw… Theres a letter circulating on spanish sites where a parent wrote a lot of stuff to aka mother god! I include my feelings in it but wonder if the korean will ever read it…

Emily
    Participant

Can you post the link to the letter that you are referring to?

Emily
    Participant

My heart goes out to those who will not be ringing in the New Year with family members who will be too busy with the wms at a "prayer service", expecting a call from "mother", or pulling some PR stunt like cleaning up the streets in Time Square.  

WW3?  I heard that when I was there years ago.  I guess they have to go back to something slightly more ambiguous than an actual date like 2012.  Nothing they do surprises me anymore.

angelikkepr
    Participant

Hi Emily, yes, they will keep changing the tactics to get their ten talents and deceive more people… I will post the links… The letter is in Spanish not English.

Curious1
    Participant

Hi Emily, you mentioned family members not being together in the new year, do they have plans for the 1st of jan. An other attempt to keep familys apart?

Emily
    Participant

Not sure what they have planned for this year. I can only speak of what I have experienced myself in the past. Maybe others will post about what their experiences were today with family members that are still in?

ExMember
    Participant

Well, today they started with the "Year of the Jubilee". The WMS believe that the year of jubilee is every 50 years, and of course 1964 (when the wmscog "was established") + 50 years = 2014. So of course… "Father might come this year…."

Also today was the conmemoration service for "Father's coming day", the day Ahnsahnghong was born. (January 13 in the lunar calendar).

Of course, soon to come… more end days, more disappointment, a lot of paranoia. Don't know how people still believe this…

emil
    Participant

^ Interesting! The start of the Jubilee Year coincides with the Gregorian calendar? How come they follow the Gregorian calendar for fixing the Jubilee year?

ExMember
    Participant

emil wrote:

^ Interesting! The start of the Jubilee Year coincides with the Gregorian calendar? How come they follow the Gregorian calendar for fixing the Jubilee year?

Never thought about it! It's true! Why do they start the Year of Jubilee on January 1st?! Doesn't make sense!

MountainMom
    Participant

I don't completely understand the calendar issue.  Could you explain why the January 1st start doesn't make sense?

ExMember
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

I don't completely understand the calendar issue.  Could you explain why the January 1st start doesn't make sense?

Hi MountainMom. The reason why I believe it doesn't make sense is because these are events taken from the Torah so they should be kept according to the Hebrew Calendar. The WMS keeps the other Feast dates according to the Hebrew calendar (at least they try), but this one they are doing it according to the gregorian calendar.

I forgot to mention that the last Year of Jubilee in the Church of God was in 1998 (50 years after 1948), but I guess they didn't want to wait 50 more years for the next one and maybe they thought that those that were in the church in 1998 wouldn't remember.

My opinion is that they didn't have anything exciting for this year. 2012 was the year of the completion of the Jerusalem Temple, the 2013 was the year for the inspection of the Jerusalem Temple, 2014…. Year of Jubilee.

Maybe 2015 will be the year of installing the plumbing and HVAC to the Jerusalem Temple.

MountainMom
    Participant

Lol!  I think you are right on.  I think they sometimes don't get things right because the web they are spinning gets so complicated.  That's why I like sticking to the truth.  It doesn't change.  They just seem to use whatever calendar suits their purposes at any given time.  Would be nice to tie them down to one, but they are pretty darn slippery!

Smurf
    Participant

ExMember wrote:

I forgot to mention that the last Year of Jubilee in the Church of God was in 1998 (50 years after 1948), but I guess they didn't want to wait 50 more years for the next one and maybe they thought that those that were in the church in 1998 wouldn't remember.

My opinion is that they didn't have anything exciting for this year. 2012 was the year of the completion of the Jerusalem Temple, the 2013 was the year for the inspection of the Jerusalem Temple, 2014…. Year of Jubilee.

Maybe 2015 will be the year of installing the plumbing and HVAC to the Jerusalem Temple.

Then comes 2016 for getting the liquor licence and VOILA! WMS is now a fast food chain!

Because one of the most important things mother can teach us is how to keep a good diet.

She is so thoughtful! I wish i was as compassionate as her ㅠㅠ

Who knows, she might even teach us some exercise routines:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRerwXWTRjM

genny
    Participant

Exmember, I wondered why they weren't counting from 1948…

sre
    Participant

I was told, from a current member,  2014 is the year of prophecy..that the poor and slaves will be set free and get their property back in this year the year of jubilee. The year of jubilee is 7 times 7 plus 1 year which makes 50 years.(where they get these numbers i do not know)..the poor in the bible is Gods people and wms was established in 1964 and 2014 is 50 years from that date… I asked so what does that mean, they answered, means glory goes to the true church, wms, and gods people went through so many things for mother and she will recieve so much praise and glory this year. Soon she, mother, will be broadcasted all over the world. This is what I was told.  Its something new all the time…Do they forget that God never changes, that His word is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow? How can they keep adding and adding and adding and how can these poor people keep believing all these additions…God would never trick a person with all this continued rubbish to be able to go to Heaven! How can they continually keep getting decieved to the point of not looking back in time and see that they were taught something completly different last month? God does not change His word, EVER! 

genny
    Participant

The 50th year being the year of Jubilee is in Leviticus 25 and 27. 

But in the year of Jubilee, there was to be no sowing or harvesting of crops.  Does that mean the wmscog won't be out preaching this year?

emil
    Participant

Yes, Genny is right. In the year of jubilee, there is to be no sowing or harvest. Moreover, people have to get back their property. So I guess all those who have given their property or sold it to give to the WMSCOG should ask for it to be returned to them. Sarah2013, you could try to ask for your money back now.

Simon
    Participant

They actually proclaimed it late if they waited till january… It is supposed to be proclaimed in the seventh month of the 49th year

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.