END OF WORLD

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    prtyeyes
    Participant

Does anyone know if the WMSCOG has been demanding more time from their worshipers, since the "end of the world" is coming up at the end of this year? Or does anyone who has a friend or relative still in the WMSCOG notice their loved one becoming even more estranged and distant from them?

Curious1
    Participant

Hi, I would like to comment on the statement that the world would end in 2012. They said it defenitly. I know it because it costed a lot of stress in my relationship, because I debated it so many times. When 2012 ended, I was told it ends after the biblical year. After the biblical had past, and nothing happened it fadet away. Never heard about an other date. For me its clear this thing will never end,it is dangerous and manipulating. The only thing what has ended is my relationship. I got out of the cult and a stressfull relationship, cult-related. Anyone who didn't get out yet, it is never to late to start living a life without: stress, controlling of mind, time or money, manipulation, indoctrination, slavery and dictation.

MountainMom
    Participant

Well said, Curious 1.  It's never too late.    People who are in the wms for a while should start to reflect over all the failed predictions.  I think some even see it but still can't get the courage to come out because they now have social connections and/or relatives in there.  Some see that they will lose status in the eyes of other members or even be cut off.  Still, living a life in freedom rather than fear is the only way to live.

Azula
    Participant

emil wrote:

Azula wrote:

@ Emil

O_O

You're kidding right?

Only the second part of what I said. I meant the  first part.

Thanks to mu-duh, Thanks to Gad

lol!

I couldn't resist.

Thanks for the compliment, you're far too kind.

Anonymous
    Inactive

MountainMom wrote:

… because they now have social connections and/or relatives in there.  Some see that they will lose status in the eyes of other members or even be cut off. 

That is a nice sum-up of common techniques used by thought control groups to retain members ….. 

Azula
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

….some even see it but still can't get the courage to come out because they now have social connections and/or relatives in there.  Some see that they will lose status in the eyes of other members or even be cut off… 

Like Christ said, "whoever tries to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it"

This is one of the verses that I came accross when I was in deep conflict about leaving the cult. In the one hand I knew that what the cult was doing was wrong, how they manipulate people and milking them of their time and money, but again I was afraid of who would welcome me after I had alienated myself and spoke badly of them. "They are devil worshipers and don't know it." These were the conversations we were having about our family and friends. How could they welcome me now? This was truly one of the great fears I had. And for a while thought it would be better to endure the torment and be surrounded by fake people than go back to those I had wronged.

It's easy to talk but doing takes guts. That's why I thank God for giving me the courage to do the right thing, at the cost of everything that I had worked 7 years to build. The reality was that it was all a lies, it was all conditional and fake. Grace and the hand of God are real! I'm truly grateful that I've left that place of torment. In doing that God has given me gained life! 

My life is full of colour and it's no longer black and white like the vision of a dog, it's bright and beautiful!

MountainMom
    Participant

So happy you came out of there.  I do think that is why my son is having trouble as well.  I think he is starting to tire of all the manipulation and contradiction the wms has to offer, but he has burned a lot of bridges that he has done nothing to re-build.  However, he does have a family that has done a lot to keep those bridges afloat.  It may just be pride and fear that are keeping him in there now.  But the sooner he faces it, the sooner he can have a full life again.  

Azula
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

I do think that is why my son is having trouble as well.  I think he is starting to tire of all the manipulation and contradiction the wms has to offer, but he has burned a lot of bridges that he has done nothing to re-build.  However, he does have a family that has done a lot to keep those bridges afloat.  It may just be pride and fear that are keeping him in there now.  But the sooner he faces it, the sooner he can have a full life again.  

Your son will come out, the unconditional love you have far surpases the conditional love that the cult has and with time he will see that. I remember when I first started arguing with the leadership of the cult how my mind would always drift to the love of my family and just how supportive they'd been throughout my time in the cult that I eventually snapped out the spell that they had cast on me.

He will see all their failed doomsday prophecies and eventually he will see the lies. I remember that one of the excuses that the cult gave for lying to people about the end was because this was the tactic used during the apostolic age. This only means that end will not come during our lifetime, if it were why use the same tactic? All those who are now bound captive to their spell will awaken.

Azula
    Participant

So… any word on  the 2018 date?

Considering that all other end of the world dates were true, I’ve had sleepless nights of when the final showdown will happen.

MountainMom
    Participant

Bump.

GODS friend
    Participant

LOVE N HONEY IS A UGLY BITCH SHE. WILL DIE. AND. BURN. IN HELL

Viewing 10 replies - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.