End of the world again….

• Creator
    Topic
    searchingfortruth
    Participant

Hello,

I have been told by a MSCOG member , yesterday 6/19/2013 they needed to have an emergencyservice because Mother says that this is the year the New Jerusalem will be completed. Meaning the world will end this year. Does anyone know how this is possible? The bible states in Matthew 24:36 "But of that day and hour knows no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only." Here is the complete passage: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of theearth mourn , and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power andgreat glory. 31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other . 32 Now learnparable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know thatsummer is nigh: 33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even atthe doors. 34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass , till all these things be fulfilled .35 Heaven and earth shall pass away , but my words shall not pass away . 36 But of that day andhour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. 37 But as the days ofNoe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be . 38 For as in the days that were beforethe flood they were eating and drinking , marrying and giving in marriage , until the day that Noeentered into the ark, 39 And knew not until the flood came , and took them all away ; so shall alsothe coming of the Son of man be . 40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken , andthe other left .

sunshine
    Participant

That is the problem of this organization…. The implement of fear… please I beg please to watch the following documentary. This is soemthing that happened along time ago. But to me the mind control of that cult "Jonestown" its the same thing as WMSCOG…please let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8VU2hbQVoI

If you can not open it look up Jonestown the documentary on you tube.

Disturbed
    Participant

Welcome Searchingfortruth. In 2012, the WMSCOG said the New Jerusalem temple was complete. Before that in 2008 they said the temple was complete. How many times can it be completed? They've also told the members many times before to prepare an emergency kit. You have quoted the perfect verse…NO ONE knows the day, time or the hour, not even WMSCOG. They hold the members captive by using fear…Father's coming is close at hand, you dont want to be out of Zion if that happens…If you leave the church where else can you go? (They claim they are the only ones keeping Sabbath and the 7 feasts in 3 times). It's all rituals. They are losing members by the truckload. They have to retain the existing members however they can and get new members to replace the ones who left.

Dont fall for their tricks!

Selena
    Participant

Yes they always say that Father is coming soon but this is only so people will go out and preach. Also they now say there are people who celebrate the sabbath and the seven feasts but theirs dont have the promise because its not in zion. This came in response to me telling them that I knew people who celebrating the sabbath and the feasts on the right day and the correct way so to speak.

searchingfortruth
    Participant

Disturbed wrote:

Welcome Searchingfortruth. In 2012, the WMSCOG said the New Jerusalem temple was complete. Before that in 2008 they said the temple was complete. How many times can it be completed? They've also told the members many times before to prepare an emergency kit. You have quoted the perfect verse…NO ONE knows the day, time or the hour, not even WMSCOG. They hold the members captive by using fear…Father's coming is close at hand, you dont want to be out of Zion if that happens…If you leave the church where else can you go? (They claim they are the only ones keeping Sabbath and the 7 feasts in 3 times). It's all rituals. They are losing members by the truckload. They have to retain the existing members however they can and get new members to replace the ones who left.

Dont fall for their tricks!

I saw that this is not the first time they say the world is ending. I asked the member, what are they going to do when the year 2014 begins and the world has not ended. Their response what something must have happened for Father and mother to change the day. They are trying to give people the chance to come to the truth. 

As for them always living in fear is true. This member has dropped out of school becuase they find no purpose in it. Only mother and father is needed. They are at the point of quitting their job. This is insane. Everyday they are at church: cleaning, socializing with themselves. Everything they do has a purpose in the church. I did not know cleaning the Zion bathroom has a holy purpose.

Disturbed
    Participant

The strange thing is they're always "recruiting" on the college campuses and yet the majority of the youth in Zion drop out of college. Why would a church turn a blind eye when so many of their young members are dropping out of college. Not only will they be uneducated but wont be able to get a top paying job to funnel more money to the church coffers.

I agree…what is the holy purpose of cleaning the church bathroom. Well you've come to the right place. Look at all the evidence presented on this website. WMSCOG has been at this for a long time. They've told many lies, ruined many people's lives in many countries. It's time for all this nonsense to end.

Did they tell you in your Zion that the temple will be under inspection after its completion?

Selena
    Participant

@searchingforthetruth it doesnt they only tell members they will receive “blessings”if they clean up or something so that they will do it. Thats one thing I cant stand about the church they always do things for blessings instead of because they want to. I also dont like how they label things holy that are not. For example because the cleaning supplies belong to the church they say they are holy. When did cleaning supplies become holy?

Disturbed
    Participant

@Selena
    …LOL they said the same thing at the zion I attended. I never thought about your question til now. Very valid question! I guess it's holy because it was "donated" or didnt come out of the church pocketbook.

searchingfortruth
    Participant

@ Disturbed…No I was not aware there would be an inspection. Who will be inpsecting it and for what purpose?

Questioninginla
    Participant

Disturbed wrote:

The strange thing is they're always "recruiting" on the college campuses and yet the majority of the youth in Zion drop out of college. Why would a church turn a blind eye when so many of their young members are dropping out of college. Not only will they be uneducated but wont be able to get a top paying job to funnel more money to the church coffers. 

Mitigate leaving is top priority.  Never let a group of people out of a control situation all at once.  It must be piecemeal/individually because it promotes people's confusion and fear – both inside and out.

People drop out of college "on their own decision" because the end is near; salvation > education.  Jehovah's Witnesses circa decade of 1910 – people sold their farms and possessions because they were told either actively or passively that the end was upon them; same formula.

As for well-paying jobs for college graduates, the risk-to-reward ratio of ignorance/smaller donations – to – educated/taught to think about things/subsequent leaving the group/higher tithes, the former wins over the latter every time.  As for younger, college-aged people, less experiences to overcome in which people can test techniques that are put in front of them.  If one were going to stereotype, one would avoid street-smart kids – street smart kids have been scammed, scam others, and can recognize what scamming looks like; what demographic in a large metropolitan area such as Los Angeles would be "growing up on the streets"?  This might provide a clue about demographics to "avoid".

When you know you will experience attrition in your organization (of a totalistic type) this is the way things are done.  It may seem amazing that an organization rotates end-times prophecy like teachings and consistently gets away with it, but one must look at it from the viewpoint of the organization.  The control mechanisms work.  When people that leave are shunned….one has a lot of control.

That's why I consistently stress the organizational structure and control mechanisms as a priority over doctrine.  The doctrine just gets an individual to the point of control. 

Selena
    Participant

@disturbed the missionary from the church I attend actually told us he buys the cleaning supplies with our tithes and offering.

Joshua
    Participant

Searchingfortruth, Do you have the name of the person who brought this message/news? Which church was this news released to? This group so often likes to say, "We never said that. It was never said in our group. Mother never said that. Someone must have misinterpreted what was said." I'm hoping that you can give us a solid name and location for this paticular event. Can you help us out with this? You can PM me if you like.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Welcome, Searchingfortruth. I’m with Joshua on this, the location where they said this is necessary to know because they will deny every bit of it or give a vague reason for it.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Searchingfortruth: I noticed also, you titled this thread “End of the world again,” why again? Can you please explain or maybe you did and I missed it. Thanks!

Selena
    Participant

What disturbed says is correct I was told by the missionary that the temple was being inspected. Every church teaches a different thing, that is how you know this isnt the true church of god. The apostles all had the same message.

Nobodysfool
    Participant

@S4TT,  what day of the week was this emergency meeting you speak of and what was the emergency meeting about?

Selena
    Participant

Wow. Thanks searchingforthetruth for bringing up this topic. It made me go and view the flyer they had from the end of the world 1988. Its funny because this flyer looks nothing like what the church showed us. They showed us an end of the world flyer and pointed out inconsistencies even said it was from here. Funny thing is I cannot find the flyer they showed us on here, so they must have made it themselves. THATS SICK! 

Ms Freedom
    Participant

Sick indeed!

Disturbed
    Participant

Yeah they had lots of fraudulent materials at the “education seminar”. They said they didn’t lose any lawsuits about time limited eschatology, when actually they didn’t win them. If you didn’t win the case then you lost!

searchingfortruth
    Participant

The member attends the World Church Mission Society Church of God in Miami, FL.

@ Sarah2013 I named the topic End of the World Again because I have read and heard this church has predicted the end of the world many times before. We are still here. 

@Nobodyfools The emergency service was yesterday. It was about how mother said this is the year when the new Jerusalem has been completed which means no one else can be baptized and father would be returning again.

Disturbed
    Participant

So now they’re trying to get a clue about what the temple completion means! No more material is to be brought. DUH! No more baptisms until when? They’re going to get down to no members except the Koreans and then what? Or maybe they’re going to change the name again and try to start another new church but with the same busted doctrine LOL

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 257 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.