Done with religion

• Creator
    Topic
    donttrustzang
    Participant

It sucks to say this, but thanks to this whole expierience, im closing the book on religion…  If jesus is real, im probally doomed, or he will have mercy on me. i didnt believe in jesus before this group, and now after it i find it hard to believe any church out there… I feel like im back at square one, asking the same questions i started with…  I have faith that God will lead me wherever i need be. sorry for the rant just need to express these feelings

king34
    Participant

I felt the same way .I felt that there was no religion out there was real or basically what is the truth ..for instance is it saturday or sunday worship. But I cam e to the conclusion that every one has their own opinion and only yours should matter. God will only judge you from what you know and believe to be true. I remember one time after I left the church I was really down on my self feeling like crap and mad at god. But as I was in the sub way I picked up a news paper article that was next to me that a guy left behind . And in that article it had a letter from god ,( I know this sounds weird but I guess this news paper has a coloum for religion) and in the article it said my son (God speaking) I know your mad at me for the things you have gone through but just understand that you have gone through these things for a reason. I am going to breaking you down and build you back up back in my image.It will be hard but just dont lose faith. the letter said other things but That was what I remember most. dont lose faith. God is real!! and he will never for get his children just hang on bro.

donttrustzang
    Participant

Wow man, that gave me goosebumps no joke… 

Yea, im a firm believer EVERYTHING happened for a reason, just to lead us to wherever we are supposed to be.. 

I get you on that part, sunday or saturday? passover? does it even matter??

God always had my back, before this cult and after it i still feel God's presence molding and shaping my life..   God is truly the most wise and merciful, does he even care about bread and wine???  who knows, but God gave me the wisdom and eye sight to see this church is bologne…  Im just back at sqare one haha, but it feels good exploring diff avenues of faith now.. Any idealogy is dangerous because you close your mind to everything else…

prtyeyes
    Participant

Reading both of your post is very inspiring and gives me hope, that my friend and many many others will decide to leave this group and seek the truth for themselves. I have faith! 🙂

donttrustzang
    Participant

Yes, I hope so!!!  Its very dificult to leave, i think they will have to see it on there own.. i know what its like to have their viewpoints, they think we are working with the devil to try and steal their souls…. just let them know u love them and that is all… even if they chose to believe in a korean woman, i think its their right. but i also believe its their right to know the FULL story

Rahab
    Participant

I never believe that God and Jesus’ plan was to establish a religion, but rather a relationship with us. I understand your frustrations only a little. My husband was in this group for not quite a year, and I never went along with it. The Lord did work in me, broke me down completely and is building me up anew. I believe withall that I Amin God the Faher, Jesus Christ the Son and God the Holy Spirit. He has revealed to me the power and meaning of His Grace.

When I was at my lowest points, I read a lot from Psalms. I encourage you to read them. Don’tgive up on Him for He never gives up on His children. His steadfast love endures forever. Psalm,118, 103, 43, 27, 28, Psalm 25 is very powerful for me. Practically head it memorized.

My husband is out but we are still unyolked spiritually. He is not sure how to worship in the way he thinks he needs to. He doesn’t pray with me anymore. I know that the Lord will bring him back, so I need to remain patient. The frustrating thing is, he doesn’t talk about it or is actively searching for his way. I know that the Lord will open his heart in His time and His way.

Life is a journey, my friend. Everything Happens or doesn’t happen for a reason. Keep searching and don’t give up. I am praying for everyone in and out of this group, including you. Thank you for sharing your story.

WHOAMI
    Participant

donttrustzang wrote:

It sucks to say this, but thanks to this whole expierience, im closing the book on religion…  If jesus is real, im probally doomed, or he will have mercy on me. i didnt believe in jesus before this group, and now after it i find it hard to believe any church out there… I feel like im back at square one, asking the same questions i started with…  I have faith that God will lead me wherever i need be. sorry for the rant just need to express these feelings

King is right donttrustzang, God is real, don't loose your faith because of what a so call religion has done to you.  The struggle you're in today is developing the strenght you need for tomorrow.  God has a plan for you, hang in there!

@King….wow now that's a fragance, lol…j.k.  your story is awesome!

ttr
    Participant

donttrustzang wrote:

Wow man, that gave me goosebumps no joke… 

i second that.  great story king34.  the Lord will certainly test us, but He really does use our trials to help us become stronger.

@donttrustzang – i pray for you my friend and all those who are going through this spiritual struggle.  God has placed in you a desire to find Him and I would encourage you to continue to seek after Him, and not to abandon Jesus because of Judas.  The Lord has called you out of this group, and you can use your experience to help others, and to be more cautious moving forward.  God is so good, that He will bring good even out of bad things in our lives.

donttrustzang
    Participant

WHOAMI wrote:

donttrustzang wrote:

King is right donttrustzang, God is real, don't loose your faith because of what a so call religion has done to you.  The struggle you're in today is developing the strenght you need for tomorrow.  God has a plan for you, hang in there!

@King….wow now that's a fragance, lol…j.k.  your story is awesome!

FRAGRANCE!!! hahahaha good one man….   yea i understand, who knows, God might lead me back to jesus, or maybe buddah haha idk we'll see what God wants from me next..

donttrustzang
    Participant

God bless all of you, thank you for the love, respect, and support

Shugyo
    Participant

Be good to your fellow human beings….live an upright life, and do not compromise to an invisible abstract idea of morality that these religions put out there…..its shameful to put the stress and burden on people that they do.  It angers me to the deepest core.  Life is hard enough, now add the stress of money, time, and shame from an organization…that wants the above mentioned items.  ..I know this….I have let go of the charade.  I am happy and honest with myself.  I do not fear the wrath of what has been indoctrinated into me.  From my stand point God is the master killer.  100 of thousand people have been butchered, maimed, killed, destroyed in the bible….women, kids, animals, etc etc.  Father and Mother have ordered the death of their children from the dawn of time… My ol time favorite is the story of Japheth….(judges 11:39)….I remember seeing mother and listening to everyone ooh and ahhh….I wanted to feel that way…but all I could think  about was death and blood.  The countless genecide in the old testament at the hands of joshua, gideon, samson, etc etc….I never did see love…I saw death…even when my faith was strong.  I never felt sorry for father and mother like the other memebers…I believed they were GOD…and there has so be some major benefits of being GOD….you carried stones, and sacks of potatoes on your head…..You are GOD.  You were crucified…YOU ARE GOD….get over it…how egotisical can you be to want us to sympathise with you…We are the ones who die, starve, see our children die, suffer, and starve while you live in heaven and in palaces….

Thats my rant for the day. 

Rain
    Participant

Shugyo I could understand your frustration towards the church, but that does not give you the right to judge God Almighty.  Jesus Christ died for our sins, he was sacrificed on that cross for us.  God could have destroy all of us, like in the days of noah, and start a new life cycle, but he cares and loves us so much that he came down to seek and to save what was lost.

Hebrews 9:28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many and he will appear a second time not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

Acts 4:12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.

Jesus dying on that cross, although i was not there, but when i read and when i saw the movie THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST, I realized just how much our Heavenly Father loves us.

If that scarificed does not show to you the love Father has for you, then i don't know what will.

I can understand that breaking & carrying stones or carrying a big bag of potatoes on top of the head does not make you feel sorry or ooh & ahhh, I feel the same way too.  I mean lots of people carry bags of potatoes on their head, my great, great, grandma did.  Other men had the job of carrying or breaking stones, it's done in these days too, so your right that does not make me sympathise either.  That's not a scarificed, it was what they had or chose to do(assuming it's true)

Now Jesus Christ, he made the ultimate scarifice for us, he was nailed on a cross for us and that is something i can guarantee no one will ever do for us, like he did.  Can mother top that, i don't think so. 

Shugyo, don't take out your fustration on true God, just because you think you were decieved and lied to.  Don't give up your faith because of them.  Peace be with you.

Shugyo
    Participant

jellybean
    Participant

I feel you. Sometimes, I feel like that. They actually tell you that if you "leave Zion" horrible things will happen to you and you will die. However, let me tell you that I have gone through a lot before, during and after this experience and I always felt that God was there with me and still with me in everything. Even if I am not the bigest believer who goes to church every week and preach. And I know I will still go through issues for the rest of my life and I am thankful to God for never leave me alone. I really miss the people that stayed but you know what If God took me in was for a reason and if God took me out I dont know if it was protecting me from something else. My advice is to always give thanks to God the one that have never leave you alone.

Simon
    Participant

If they were God their sacrifice would be worthy of feeling bad. But not being God they have no sacrifice.

jellybean
    Participant

Yes i see where you comming from• How long was it since u left

Simon
    Participant

7 months

jellybean
    Participant

I was there Longer than that and trust me I really feel that God never left me even though I falied into discern true God. I felt like you for a long time but that doesnt help to go forward. God Knows our heart and knows our intentions and that we were looking for the truth because he said that the truth would make us free so let me tell you that the only medicine for this failure is a lot of time far from anything related to the scriptures and books that they were showing you. Put that underlined bible away and get a new one and when you feel ready to read Gods word go back and start reading from cero. What has been helping me is that I got a different version not the typical NIV so I dont relate the verses with the teachings that they endoctrinated me.

Simon
    Participant

I was there longer than seven months that isn't what you asked me lol

KF
    Participant

People no matter what happens, don't ever forget that there is a God, because if you give up or stop believing, regardless of the WMSCOG, the devil will win because you stopped believing, giving him victory because that is what he wants,  and in the end he will have your soul.  Please hang in there and never give up, fight till the end. GOD BLESS YOU ALL! May you all gain wisdom & understanding in 2013.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

remember reading that God is both the devil and not the devil. Is that true?

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.