Does Christ Die a Second Time?

• Creator
    Topic
    Moved-Comment
    Participant

This comment was originally posted on Was Christ Prophesied To Sacrifice A Second Time? A Third Time?  and has been moved here for further discussion:

Renita says:

As I understand it, the sacrifice mentioned in He 9:28 is referring to His crucifixion. The sacrifice Jesus made that took away our sins was His dying on the cross. Preaching the gospel didn’t take away our sins. So, you’re right, Christ will not be sacrificed again for He was sacrificed once & for all when He died on the cross. When something is sacrificed, it is given up. When God sacrificed Himself, He gave up His life, in other words He died for our sins. No, God will not be sacrificed again, in other words God will not die for our sins a 2nd time because the 1st was sufficient. But God did sacrifice many things in order to preach the gospel. God sacrificed sleep, food, etc. But God did not sacrifice Himself, His life. He did not die for our sins a 2nd time.

Through the prophecy about the tabernacle taught to me, Father did have to die a 2nd time but not as a sacrifice. The 1st curtain being torn represents Christ 1st death. The 2nd curtain with the most holy place behind it represents God in flesh the 2nd time. The most holy place represents Jerusalem whom is taught to be God the Mother. While the 2nd curtain is in place, the most holy place is hidden. While God in flesh the 2nd time is living, God the Mother is hidden. But when the 2nd curtain is torn, the most holy place is revealed to everyone. When God in flesh the 2nd time dies, God the Mother is revealed to everyone. Christ was prophesied to die a 2nd time but not as a sacrifice for our sins, but to bring salvation, the water of life, which comes from Jerusalem, God the Mother, that no one can see while the 2nd curtain, 2nd Coming Christ, is still in tack, alive.

As I see, many things in the bible intertwine with each other as the WMSCOG has taught. Serious question: If God the Mother is a seperate entity from God the Father, how is it that Mother being sacrifice would be God’s 3rd sacrifice? Wouldn’t it be Mother’s 1st sacrifice and Father’s 2nd?

genny
    Participant

And yet the wmscog teaches that 'mother god' is continually being sacrificed every Tuesday and Saturday for the sins of the people.

Joshua
    Participant

Reading this I can’t help but think back to my literature class. I think it was Shakespeare that pend the quote, “What a tangled web we weave when we first decide to deceive.” Renita, you seem like a very nice person and you willingness to put your thoughts out here for all of us is insightful. Thank You. Here’s a big problem with the idea that Jesus came again and died in anyway. Natural or by being sacrificed. The Bible teaches us that Jesus was the final sacrifice and that he dies no more. Both of these things negates the possibility of the WMS teachings being of God. In your search for what is real and what’s true you’re going to find that the “TRUTH” that the WMS speaks changes over time. Gods word doesn’t. What was originally said is just as valid today as it was the day it was said. God is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

Simon
    Participant

Actually even if Galatians 4:26 did not mean God the Mother it still would not be a physical city in Israel.

Emily
    Participant

shimon wrote:

Actually even if Galatians 4:26 did not mean God the Mother it still would not be a physical city in Israel.

Right Shimon but the verse will never mean a woman in Korea either.  Galatians 4:26 refers to the heavenly Jerusalem or heavenly kingdom.  The word mother is used in the Bible to refer to nations numerous times.  Here are a few:

Isaiah 50:1 The "mother" here is the nation of Israel .

Jeremiah 50:11-13  In this passage, the "mother" is the nation of Babylon ….

Ezekiel 19:1-2, 10  Once again, the "mother" here is the nation of Israel

Ezekiel 23: 2,4  And here we are again in Ezekiel with "mother" symbolizing the nation of Israel 

You can read more here:

http://www.encountering-ahnsahnghong.blogspot.com/2010/12/other-mothers-part-1.html

http://www.encountering-ahnsahnghong.blogspot.com/2010/12/other-mothers-part-2.html

Simon
    Participant

yep we are in agreement here. except the first sentence.

Emily
    Participant

shimon wrote:

yep we are in agreement here. except the first sentence.

So the word "mother" isn't used anywhere in the Bible to refer to any "god".  Why do you think that Galatians 4:26 refers to Zhang?  It would be great if you could draw a clear connection.  "Because Ahn said she was" (which we don't have any documentation of whatsoever) isn't good enough.

Simon
    Participant

Well if you can give a theory that explains it better.

Emily
    Participant

shimon wrote:

Well if you can give a theory that explains it better.

So that's the best you can do?  Galatians 4:26 points to Zhang because Ahn allegedly said so?  As WMS members would say…"wow".

Rahab
    Participant

Moved-Comment wrote:

This comment was originally posted on Was Christ Prophesied To Sacrifice A Second Time? A Third Time?  and has been moved here for further discussion:

Renita says:

As I understand it, the sacrifice mentioned in He 9:28 is referring to His crucifixion. The sacrifice Jesus made that took away our sins was His dying on the cross. Preaching the gospel didn’t take away our sins. So, you’re right, Christ will not be sacrificed again for He was sacrificed once & for all when He died on the cross. When something is sacrificed, it is given up. When God sacrificed Himself, He gave up His life, in other words He died for our sins. No, God will not be sacrificed again, in other words God will not die for our sins a 2nd time because the 1st was sufficient. But God did sacrifice many things in order to preach the gospel. God sacrificed sleep, food, etc. But God did not sacrifice Himself, His life. He did not die for our sins a 2nd time.

Through the prophecy about the tabernacle taught to me, Father did have to die a 2nd time but not as a sacrifice. The 1st curtain being torn represents Christ 1st death. The 2nd curtain with the most holy place behind it represents God in flesh the 2nd time. The most holy place represents Jerusalem whom is taught to be God the Mother. While the 2nd curtain is in place, the most holy place is hidden. While God in flesh the 2nd time is living, God the Mother is hidden. But when the 2nd curtain is torn, the most holy place is revealed to everyone. When God in flesh the 2nd time dies, God the Mother is revealed to everyone. Christ was prophesied to die a 2nd time but not as a sacrifice for our sins, but to bring salvation, the water of life, which comes from Jerusalem, God the Mother, that no one can see while the 2nd curtain, 2nd Coming Christ, is still in tack, alive.

As I see, many things in the bible intertwine with each other as the WMSCOG has taught. Serious question: If God the Mother is a seperate entity from God the Father, how is it that Mother being sacrifice would be God’s 3rd sacrifice? Wouldn’t it be Mother’s 1st sacrifice and Father’s 2nd?

I am sorry, I do not understand the two curtain concept.  The Bible states that when Jesus died on the cross, the curtain was torn in two.  The curtain that seperated the Holy of Holies from the rest of the tabernacle.  The Holy of Holies is where God resided in the temple.  Jesus's death on the cross and the tearing of the curtain now meant the God was not seperated from His people.  We now have direct relationship with Him, we do not have to go through priests or any other being except Jesus Christ to have a relationship with Him.  I do not remember ever reading about a second curtain being torn at the time of Jesus' death.  Please give me chapter and verse about the second curtain so I can research it further.

Rahab
    Participant

When my loved one was in the group, he said to me that the WMSCOG teaches that when Jesus died on the cross, he left things unfinished. I am not exactly sure what this means. Just before Jesus died and he exclaimed, “It is finished.”. (John 19:28-30), was he contradicting himself? What does the group say that Jesus’ perfect sacrifice on the cross left undone?

Simon
    Participant

The group doesn't see the sacrifice on the cross the same way. they also refer to is as all was fulfilled that needed to be prior to his death regarding those prophecies.

Rahab
    Participant

How do they see His death on the cross?

Simon
    Participant

as only a part of the sacrifice.

Rahab
    Participant

Ugh….I should have walked away….

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.