Do people still go when they're sick?

• Creator
    Topic
    Jjw808
    Participant

I told the missionary I can’t come church because I’m sick and he says

how sick are you?

Ummm I don’t know but I’m sick and can’t come…

But you don’t look sick

????? How is sick suppose to look

Did anyone that attended cog go to church well they were sick?

Brian Taylor
    Participant

“father and mother sacrificed soon much, braving the elements to find lost children, going with out food or sleep just to give you eternal life. Being sick is a small thing to overcome in order to receive water of life.” This is what was impressed upon me as a member.

Brian Taylor
    Participant

A common parameter of cults is destruction of the self. The WMS uses the rhetoric of being “instruments used by father and mother” or ” becoming nothing as water”

If you are concerned for your health and don’t go because you are ill, it is evident that you don’t regard yourself as nothing.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

They always want you to attend, even if sick. They may say, “Go home between services bredder, but come back.” Members were told this.

jw03550
    Participant

Brian Taylor wrote:

A common parameter of cults is destruction of the self. The WMS uses the rhetoric of being "instruments used by father and mother" or " becoming nothing as water"

If you are concerned for your health and don't go because you are ill, it is evident that you don't regard yourself as nothing.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Selena
    Participant

People would always come with the flu and then everybody end up sick. The only way you didn't come sick was if you were hospitalized and then you were allowed to keep Sabbath at the hospital. 

anon7
    Participant

Funny how their quote un quote god controlling “everything” can’t keep the virus from spreading when the members have to come sick (then get everyone else sick). Of COURSE you should stay home if you are sick, especially if you’re contagious. What “mom” makes their child go to school if they’re that contagious (the schools don’t even allow the kids to come to school if they have the flu, etc). Funny how their own physical moms AND THE SCHOOL SYSTEMS are more merciful than the “god” who’s supposed to be most merciful. The early church even kept the feasts WHILE traveling on a boat, so of course one can do things at home (if they can be done on a boat!)

anon7
    Participant

Seriously, you lose yourself there.

anon7
    Participant

And the “water of life” they have to endure to receive is just telling them they’ll go to hell if they’re not the lucky ones (and taking away all hope for a happily ever after life on earth). Makes you want to spit the water out. “Do a-z and MAYBE you’ll go to heaven (if you’re lucky enough not to fall away).” It’s like a PYRAMID SCHEME, just using future riches in the next life. Just like with earthly schemes, there’s no 100% guarantee!!

AbbaFather07
    Participant

How do you keep Sabbath day in hospital? Reminds me of a joke I saw on fb. It was a picture of a coffin and your boss asking if you were still coming into work lol…kind of reminds me of the cog…unrealistic expectations

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

I remember the South Koreans would still attend and lead services while ill with a cold, or flu. There was no staying home and missing services.

That’s a funny e-mail. Change it to a cog pastor that says “are you still coming to jion?” Lol

I would get sick all the time in the cog. Sick and tired of the lies and control that is.

Joshua
    Participant

They have to go in there sick. Their minds have been poisoned.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

I also remember being sick all the time. It was crazy. Once the Korean overseer said the weirdest thing. He explained how in Korea, when you have a cold-sore, they applaud you for “working sooo hard despite your health”. And how “in America deh say….ewww he have cold-sore”. They want you in Zion despite your health. A buddy of mine who was a Wms member, was hospital ridden. He kept the prayer times, and read “truth” books in between services, as instructed. Members wanted to visit him, and they were told “No”. Amazingly, a basic instruction of Jesus and Paul was to “visit the sick”. Hmmmm…

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

I can’t believe this group refuses to visit people in the hospital. If there was a person in the hospital during my time in my old cog, I would have paid a visit regardless. I would have broken away from the group, skipped a service, and visited a member if I had the opportunity. Why? Because it’s important to help and encourage others.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

I did exactly that. I visited him, despite what the overseer said. They use the excuse that members “fall away” if they worry too much about other members and making friends

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Good. You did the right thing untouchable. The control of this church is too much. Jesus will say to some of these church members, “…I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink… I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.” Matt 25:42-43.

anon7
    Participant

Quoted @untouchable. They use the excuse that members “fall away” if they worry too much about other members and making friends. End quote. Wms members are told they can fall away for breathing too hard, too soft, or anything in between. No actually that’s the only thing they don’t say they can fall away for. Who can have confidence they can go to Heaven in this church!?

guest1332
    Participant

As a Former member of the Church, I was never told anything about falling away or being convinced to still keep the saturday services when I was sick.

If I were feeling ill on a particular sabbath day; a member would come to visit and see if I could make it to any services. When I told them I wasn’t feeling well; they wouldn’t mind In fact they’d say: It’s ok brother, if you are not feeling well go back to bed and rest. But if you are feeling better later on in the day and want to come to either the afternoon or evening service then just call to let us know. They never once bragged about how important it was to keep the services, or begged me to go along to sabbath services.

It seemed pretty normal for me but I don’t understand why everyone else got a completely different response -.-

marebear
    Participant

I threw up and had diarrhea during 5 am prayer. They DGAF, you must be there. Lol

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.