"do not generalize"

• Creator
    Topic
    admin
    Participant

This comment was originally posted in response to "The Church That Celebrates the Birth of Christ is Heretic"–Chief Pastor Joo Cheol Kim on 2/27/13.

fromphil says:

i guess i'll be looking at this website from time to time. i learn a lot from here. by reading others opinions/facts. i'm a member of the church of God. New Member, so it was really quite a shock that there's something like this. one thing, i knew in here, aside from of course, debate, people who don't like or against (i don't know what appropriate word i should use) the Church of God, is they generalize people. there is something we call statistics. if you have talked to more than 100,000 people who came from the church of God, 1000 ex-members, does it mean that all the people in the church of God which is approximately 1.5M are manipulating their lives? ruining their relationship between their families? alienating themselves to their friends? i, for, one, have encountered some of them, but people are millions and with that millions, there are also millions of individualities and personalities. the preaching is voluntarily and i preach sometimes. they tell me to go but God doesn't want an unwilling heart so i don't go if it's not worship day. some of them, were really coming over to our boarding house to ask me to come, why? they were just concerned about my spiritual life, and i understand that. regarding the ten talents, i haven't heard about it just here, so i thought people have encountered some of those. and i was shocked to read, that some of the people here have talked to those former members of the Church of God, that they were kicked out from the church for some reasons. so please, you may say "some members" but not the whole church. do not generalize. if you haven't encountered even a single good thing throughout your life, would you blame your whole life? of course not, there's always good thing waiting. sometimes stories can be added  and subtracted, and that's from both side.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.