Do Demons Really Have Names?

• Creator
    Topic
    Love'n Honey
    Participant

Independent of the WMSCOG, I was wondering if demons have names. I know other cultures pretty much have a roll call of their demons, but where are the ones related to the Holy Bible? Or are they all the same?

ChurchDestroyer101
    Participant

We know one, and its a long one too. The demon's name is World Mission Society Church of God.

emil
    Participant

^ good one 🙂

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Lol.. You're so bad.

Smurf
    Participant

They go by the same collektive name as the Bible states.

Fallen angels, however, are said to have names. The ones from Genesis 6 are mentioned also in the Book of Enoch, chapter 4:

And they were in all two hundred; who descended in the days of Jared on the summit of Mount Hermon, and they called it Mount Hermon, because they had sworn and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it. And these are the names of their leaders: Sêmîazâz, their leader, Arâkîba, Râmêêl, Kôkabîêl, Tâmîêl, Râmîêl, Dânêl, Êzêqêêl, Barâqîjâl, Asâêl, Armârôs, Batârêl, Anânêl, Zaqîêl, Samsâpêêl, Satarêl, Tûrêl, Jômjâêl, Sariêl. These are their chiefs of tens.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Interesting. Thanks. I'll find them.

The Chive
    Participant

fried rice wrote:

They go by the same collektive name as the Bible states.

Fallen angels, however, are said to have names. The ones from Genesis 6 are mentioned also in the Book of Enoch, chapter 4:

And they were in all two hundred; who descended in the days of Jared on the summit of Mount Hermon, and they called it Mount Hermon, because they had sworn and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it. And these are the names of their leaders: Sêmîazâz, their leader, Arâkîba, Râmêêl, Kôkabîêl, Tâmîêl, Râmîêl, Dânêl, Êzêqêêl, Barâqîjâl, Asâêl, Armârôs, Batârêl, Anânêl, Zaqîêl, Samsâpêêl, Satarêl, Tûrêl, Jômjâêl, Sariêl. These are their chiefs of tens.

The book of Enoch is not used by anyone other than the Ethopian Church. The terminology refers to the main tribes that inhabited the leviant and middle east as clans. They're not angels.

The Chive
    Participant

YoMomma SoFat wrote:

Independent of the WMSCOG, I was wondering if demons have names. I know other cultures pretty much have a roll call of their demons, but where are the ones related to the Holy Bible? Or are they all the same?

Judaism does not have demons or devils or evil spirits.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Chive-

I did a quick search of "Demon" on Bible Gateway and the first time it came up was in Matthew, the NT. So, I guess the idea of demons is one of those new things when Jesus came around.

FR-

I didn't find the Book of Enoch in the Holy Bible.

mcbell94578
    Participant

Lol and so true Church Destoyer

The Chive
    Participant

Demons are Greek Mythology that was infused during the time by Hellenistic Jews.

Enoch was written well after the establishment of the Jewish Torah.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I'm thinking I should be a Jew.

Smurf
    Participant

The book of Enoch is not part of the canonized Bible, true. It's not considered divinely inspired, but it's worth looking into if you're interested in the details of it all. Several apocryphal books like this one are mentioned in the Bible, so don't be so quick to throw them out the window 😀 (e.g. Jude 1:14) . Here's what the book of Jubilees, also an apocrypha, has to say about the names of some fallen ones:

1. Armaros: Taught men the resolving of enchantments.

2. Araqiel (Arakiel) Taught men the signs of the earth.

3. Azazel: Taught men to make knives, swords, shields; to devise ornaments, coloring tinctures for the beautifying of women, etc.

4. Baraqijal (Baraqel): Taught men astrology.

5. Ezequeel (Ezekeel): Taught men the knowledge of clouds.

6. Gadreel: Introduced weapons of war to mortals.

7. Kokabel (Kawkabel): Taught the science of the constellations.

8. Penemue: Instructed mankind in writing “and thereby many sinned from eternity to eternity and until this day…

9. Sariel: Taught men the course of the moon.

10. Semjaza: Taught men enchantments, root-cuttings, etc.

11. Shamshiel: Taught men the signs of the sun.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I heard of Azazel. So.. not all fallen angels are demons? Not all demons are that bad?

Church of God
    Participant

According to WMC, those who go against their fake doctrine of WMC are demons. We have proof that WMC have kept former members picture on their notice board as demon/satan.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Oh yea. I heard they kept pictures to warn current members of prior ones.

Smurf
    Participant

Dang, yomomma, I heard your picture is in wms churches all over the world 😀

We're outlaws now…

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Pastor Brian said he showed his congregation my protest videos. Guess which country watches my videos the most.. Korea. Outlaws.. armed and dangerous. Lol!

ChurchDestroyer101
    Participant

YoMomma SoFat wrote:

Pastor Brian said he showed his congregation my protest videos. Guess which country watches my videos the most.. Korea. Outlaws.. armed and dangerous. Lol!

I would like to know what videos you're talking about.

MountainMom
    Participant

It's kind of funny that they don't have pictures of Ahn in their churches, but they have pictures of Renita, even in Korea!  Lol!

Ms Freedom
    Participant

What?! Renita beats Kim Jong-un, the North Korean dictator?! How crazy is that? She is the devil but he is not. Oh my! Way to go Renita! Making waves. Making them uncomfortable. Love it!

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.