Divorce in wms

• Creator
    Topic
    soldier
    Participant

Hey, its been a while. Well, my wife has decided that she wants to divorce me regardless of how hard I object. I keep bringing up bible scriptures that speak out specifically against divorce ie. 1 Cor 7:13-16 and 1 Cor 7:39. I'm curious to know what the wms tells their members about divorce. My wife acts like it is solely her decision (which it may be) however I know it is influenced by wms. Thank you all for the input.

emil
    Participant

Why just quote Paul when you can quote Jesus?

Mt 5:32 – 

But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Mt 19:9 – I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.

Mk 10:11-12 – 11 He answered, “Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her. 12 And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery.”

Lk 16:18 – Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

The above are all from the point of view of a man desiring to divorce because that was a patriarchal society. This is equally applicable to women.

emil
    Participant

Why just quote Paul when you can quote Jesus?

Mt 5:32 – 

But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Mt 19:9 – I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.

Mk 10:11-12 – 11 He answered, “Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her. 12 And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery.”

Lk 16:18 – Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

The above are all from the point of view of a man desiring to divorce because that was a patriarchal society. This is equally applicable to women.

Smurf
    Participant

Yeah, you may use bible verses, but that's not going to bring you anywhere. She's obviously made the decision and will follow through.

Sad. I feel for you, man. Someone should put an end to this non-sence and put mum out of her misery for good.

At this point I would consider going back to the wms, see if that's an option.

Normally you should respect her sovereign choice, but she's not in her right mind. You can't just let her throw your marriage out the window.

Man up.

Smurf
    Participant

Yeah, you may use bible verses, but that's not going to bring you anywhere. She's obviously made the decision and will follow through.

Sad. I feel for you, man. Someone should put an end to this non-sence and put mum out of her misery for good.

At this point I would consider going back to the wms, see if that's an option.

Normally you should respect her sovereign choice, but she's not in her right mind. You can't just let her throw your marriage out the window.

Man up.

emil
    Participant

^ I agree that the bible verses are not going to matter to her. But I doubt if offering to return would make her change her mind.

I am sure you two guys might have had a lot of disagreements because of the wmscog. So even if they have not told her to leave you, it is probably because of them that you disagree the most.

emil
    Participant

^ I agree that the bible verses are not going to matter to her. But I doubt if offering to return would make her change her mind.

I am sure you two guys might have had a lot of disagreements because of the wmscog. So even if they have not told her to leave you, it is probably because of them that you disagree the most.

Ram Koirala
    Participant

Soldier my friend divorce is not the solution. Divorce is not the decession of your ones it is the decession of wmscog. You must find the solution I was also in same trouble later we found solution.

Ram Koirala
    Participant

Soldier my friend divorce is not the solution. Divorce is not the decession of your ones it is the decession of wmscog. You must find the solution I was also in same trouble later we found solution.

soldier
    Participant

What solution Ram?

soldier
    Participant

What solution Ram?

Sarah2013
    Participant

@Emil: i have a question. You can answer via Pm or here. Hypothetically, lets say I used to worship the devil (satanist) with my husband and later found Christ, yet he still continues with my past, do I leave him – divorce – or stay? keep in mind the following scripture and answer based on that. 1 Corinthians 7: 15. Thanks.

Sarah2013
    Participant

@Emil: i have a question. You can answer via Pm or here. Hypothetically, lets say I used to worship the devil (satanist) with my husband and later found Christ, yet he still continues with my past, do I leave him – divorce – or stay? keep in mind the following scripture and answer based on that. 1 Corinthians 7: 15. Thanks.

emil
    Participant

It is my belief that one should not divorce in these circumstances. However, if our spouse wants a divorce then we cannot fight it and our obligation to save our marriage ceases.

That is the way I understand it. However, I wouldn't want to think of it as a blanket rule becaue one never knows the exact circumstances and dynamics of a couple like Soldier for instance. It is best that he speaks to his own pastor for guidance.

Smurf
    Participant

emil wrote:

However, if our spouse wants a divorce then we cannot fight it and our obligation to save our marriage ceases.

Yeah, but you see, that implies a healthy mind on her part. If she's brainwashed and doesn't know what she's doing, she's not entitled to a say in the matter.

Don't listen to him, @soldier, the obligation ceases when one of you is dead. Remember? Till death do us part… not till mama says: "part"!

Smurf
    Participant

emil wrote:

However, if our spouse wants a divorce then we cannot fight it and our obligation to save our marriage ceases.

Yeah, but you see, that implies a healthy mind on her part. If she's brainwashed and doesn't know what she's doing, she's not entitled to a say in the matter.

Don't listen to him, @soldier, the obligation ceases when one of you is dead. Remember? Till death do us part… not till mama says: "part"!

Sarah2013
    Participant

That depends on death definition. Physical or spiritual.

Sarah2013
    Participant

That depends on death definition. Physical or spiritual.

emil
    Participant

fly lice wrote:

Sorry if I am not clear in what I said. I am not advocating that soldier goes ahead to divorce his wife. What I am saying is that if soldier agrees to the divorce, the sin is not on his head. Having said that, he should make his best effort to convince her to stick together.

Regarding whether she has a say in the matter or not, we might hold any opinion about her mental state but such an opinion will not stand scrutiny in the legal system I believe.

emil
    Participant

fly lice wrote:

Sorry if I am not clear in what I said. I am not advocating that soldier goes ahead to divorce his wife. What I am saying is that if soldier agrees to the divorce, the sin is not on his head. Having said that, he should make his best effort to convince her to stick together.

Regarding whether she has a say in the matter or not, we might hold any opinion about her mental state but such an opinion will not stand scrutiny in the legal system I believe.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I don't know if this was mentioned yet since I only skimmed the responses.. but the WMSCOG teaches that if anyone tries to pry you away from God you ought to remove yourself from that person's life. I can't think of the verse but I think A. Paul said something about that.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.