Divorce in the WMS

• Creator
    Topic
    MountainMom
    Participant

I have come to understand that the lady in the Today Show video is now divorced from the Korean fellow she was married to.  I know the Biblical read on divorce, but I wonder what spin they give to members divorcing each other.  How does a deacon divorce someone that "Mother" obviously gave her "blessings" to marry?    How does the church explain why there are so very many divorces in their membership?  I know the mainstream statistics on divorce, I am just wondering how the church explains divorce among members in their own supposedly "perfectly happy place." 

There are so many heartbreaking stories, as well,  of marriages broken up by the Wms because one of the persons did not believe what the church preaches.  It is especially heartbreaking when it involves the breakup of families with little children.  These little ones don't understand that their Mom or Dad is under undue influence.  They just know they are sad because their Mom or Dad pays no attention to them any more and seems not to love them.  They just know that they beg their parent to stay with them and show them some attention, and they are ignored.  And often, they are sad because their parents are now divorced due to the demands of the Wms.

If the Bible is against divorce, then why is there so much of it in the Wms?  I have heard many members acknowledge that there is a lot of divorce there, but they seem oblivious to the cause.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.