DID ANYONE HERE HAVE THE CHANCE OF TAKING THE TRIP TO KOREA, if yes.??

• Creator
    Topic
    Travis
    Participant

My significant other will be taking the trip, and the family is going super crazy about it. I have a few questions .. maybe I can help ease their pain..

1. Does a member decides to go on his/her own will.?
    2. Does a member cover all his/her expenses.?
    3. Is it safe to make the trip over there.?
    4. How long is the stay once in Korea.?
    5. Does a member from the cult in Korea pick members up at the airport.?
    6. Where do members stay once there.?
    7. Does a member have to pay for his/her own food or is his/her fed for free.?
    8. Does a member have the freedom of going out of his/her "concentration camps in Korea."?
    9. Does everyone has equal opportunity to meet the old lady.?

Some help answering these questions will be hugely appreciated… The family is going nut and I would like to provide them with some comforting answers… if such exist.

unknown
    Participant

My sister went once:

Does a member decides to go on his/her own will.? Yes

Does a member cover all his/her expenses.? Yes

Is it safe to make the trip over there.? Yes

How long is the stay once in Korea.? 2 weeks approx.

Does a member from the cult in Korea pick members up at the airport.? A large group greets the overseas members

Where do members stay once there.? They stay at "dorms" provided by the church. They're pretty much apartment buildings owned by the church.

Does a member have to pay for his/her own food or is his/her fed for free.? All the food is provided by the church

Does a member have the freedom of going out of his/her "concentration camps in Korea."? Ummm this question is sort of unecessarily rude. But no I dont believe the members can go off on their own.

Does everyone has equal opportunity to meet the old lady.? Yes

Curious1
    Participant

i've been once to Korea, the above answers i can agree on.Some addition, you take bible lessons for most of the time, get up early untill late at night. you can meet the Lady, she is the big attraction. You don't have freedom, you get a personal assistant, they will take care for about 4-5 people and is contstantly around you "helping". It is beautiful, the dorms are nice and the surroundings perfect. They will take you on trips and show you around. You have a few hours for shopping, but only in the shops they take you, wandering around on your own is not allowed, talking to people outside the group is not allowed. You have to leave you mobile phone with one of the attandents when you arrive, you get your mobile phone back when you leave. Phone home is allowed, only through their cellphones, no internet or other way of contacting home is allowed. The food is excellent. It is a great oppertunaty to see a part of a country I would never choose to go for myself, but it is also "lovebombing", bibleforcement and Oh's and Ah's when ever the Lady comes in sight.they made a lot, and I mean a lot of pictures, the waiting was annoying. Great change, but be aware of the indoctrination they will put on you each time. The hardest part is for the family at home, because they don't know were the family stay overthere, it is a secret and they will keep it as a secret, but it is save to go. 

admin
    Keymaster

unknown wrote:

My sister went once:

Does a member decides to go on his/her own will.? Yes

Does a member cover all his/her expenses.? Yes

Is it safe to make the trip over there.? Yes

How long is the stay once in Korea.? 2 weeks approx.

Does a member from the cult in Korea pick members up at the airport.? A large group greets the overseas members

Where do members stay once there.? They stay at "dorms" provided by the church. They're pretty much apartment buildings owned by the church.

Does a member have to pay for his/her own food or is his/her fed for free.? All the food is provided by the church

Does a member have the freedom of going out of his/her "concentration camps in Korea."? Ummm this question is sort of unecessarily rude. But no I dont believe the members can go off on their own.

Does everyone has equal opportunity to meet the old lady.? Yes

Now I have to make this trip.  I'm gonna go buy a Funny Nosed Pair of Glasses and a Beard so they don't recognize me.  I want to go there and have one of these fools tell me I can't go into town, or anywhere else for that matter.  Oh that would be good. 

Anonymous
    Inactive

unknown wrote:

Does a member have the freedom of going out of his/her "concentration camps in Korea."?

Ummm this question is sort of unecessarily rude. 

Not at all, Mr. Unknown.  Actually the wording of this question is quite appropriate.  It is a Mental Concentration Camp ….

MountainMom
    Participant

The question isn't rude at all.  They are not allowed to go anywhere, and are completely controlled.  The comparison is pretty accurate.

Funny thing:  When my son went to Korea and was allowed audience with the Mother he was able to ask one question,"Will my wife go to heaven?"  The Mother said "Yes."  That is hilarious because my son's wife doesn't belong to the church, doesn't attend the church, and doesn't believe in the Mother at all.  So how is it that she can go to heaven and others have to keep all the strict rules and attendance requirements in order to go.  She doesn't tithe either, and that is a biggie in the wms for going to heaven.  How you gonna get there unless you buy your way in?  This was four years ago, and she still isn't a member and never will be, so how exactly is she going to heaven according to all that they must do to get there?  Someone explain please.

I think the Mother makes big mistakes, and that should show she isn't God. 

Curious1
    Participant

MountainMum, didn't your sons eyes open after that anwer of the lady, about his wife going to heaven. Is it hard for them that he is in the organisation, i'm in the same position and it has destroyd my marriage.

MountainMom
    Participant

No, I'm sure they told him that meant she would eventually join if he just kept after her, preaching and such.  But she hasn't ever joined, and never will.  It nearly destroyed their marriage as well.  The only thing keeping them together is her efforts, not his. As you know, there is no compromising with the non-member spouse. But she truly loves him and meant her vows.  She said, "I said, for better or worse, and I guess this is the worse."  She is an amazing person, and he is lucky to have him.  Any other woman would have left him long ago.  She is something else, and my husband and I help her all we can.

Azula
    Participant

Well trip was enjoyable at best and it really had its moments. All I paid for when I went was for the airfare, the accommodation and food was all paid for by the cult. The lodgings were comfortable and at the time I remember that those who wnated were in fact allowed to contact their loved ones upon arrival or any other time during the trip.

One of the most annoying parts about it had to be the studies, those were boring and it was just a repetition of "truths" that were really basic and uninteresting. Contrary to what some may say, in all honesty mama z is rather generous she even gave $100 in spending money and I hear she does this for every trip for all visitors so I would say in that regard she was very considerate of everyone. She actually did make an effort to personally meet all the overseas visitors and I was greatly impressed at how humble she appeared and she really did make time for everyone.

But all the overseas memebers were somewhat fake, like for example whenever they touched her hand they would have the marvelous revelations about having touched the hand of the almighty, like it's their first time touching a human hand or something. Listening to these revelations and the endless stream of tears was so exhausting! 

That had to be the worst part of the trip, but generally it was ok. We were there to see mama z and not korea so anything worldly was of little interest to the majority who went. I know I was never interested in learning about the country, but was intrugued to meet my maker. (lol) Talk about mind control!

But rest assured Travis my friend, it's all legit on the surface at tleast. The problem will be dealing with your significant other when she returns, if you thought she was annoying before, wait for  her to come back.

Azula
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

…. When my son went to Korea and was allowed audience with the Mother he was able to ask one question,"Will my wife go to heaven?"  The Mother said "Yes."  That is hilarious because my son's wife doesn't belong to the church, doesn't attend the church, and doesn't believe in the Mother at all… 

lol!

It's true mama z always says yes to everything like in 2012 she was always saying "yes"  when minions asked if the end was cominf that year.

Isn't there some verse in the bible about God's answer's being "Yes" and "Amen"? Maybe mama z saw that and really took it to heart.

MountainMom
    Participant

Well, when my son came back, my husband asked him how it was meeting "God", what was she like.  My son said, "She was nice."  Really, that's all?    I know I have said this before on other posts, but every time I think about it, it floors me.  God is just "nice"?  No lightning bolts or revelations or even feeling warm all over?  Just nice?  That must be why so many visitors fake a response.

Ms Freedom
    Participant

I had a conversation with an ex-member and he was telling me about his trips to Korea (he had several). He said the security around her is incredible! I said – REALLY? Why would god need security. If she is god, wouldn't the bullets or any other hazard just bounce off her?

Then he proceeded to tell me he was scheduled to go on another trip to Korea, but it was cancelled because the relations with North Korea were volatile. My response again was, REALLY?! So god plans a trip for her people to her homeland, it gets cancelled because of political reasons, and that wasn't a rock against your head that she wasn't god?! Why would god make her people go through all the planning and making reservations? If she was god, she would have seen that coming and would have picked another date. It is really unbelievable the things members believe! It is the same as the other cults: Jim Jones (drink the KookAid and you will go to heaven), Heaven's Gate (put on your Nikes and eat the poison – the space ship will pick you up) and David Koresh (we're going to set the place on fire but that will send us all to heaven)!

That same member told me that he TRULY believed that mother and father would protect him against ANYTHING! He said that if someone would have held a gun against him that he believed that the bullet wouldn't penetrate because of their protection. Of course he now knows how CRAZY that was! He said he started to questions the pastor when one of the faithful members found out she had cancer and died quickly. The pastor tried to pass it off as if she hadn't taken passover. The guy said – yes she did; I was sitting right next to her. Then the pastor said that she probably didn't swallow it! OMG!! Then a decon-ness was hit by a bus and killed. When he questioned the pastor about that, the pastor said that father wanted her to come and prepare heaven for the rest of them. That is when he started questioning other things and decided to leave soon after that. The lies just started adding up and then he started doing research. He said he just felt so stupid! He said he would conduct research on the internet all the time but never did research on the organization to which he had given years of his life. That is Brain-washing my friends! 

Curious1
    Participant

MountainMum, I'm happy for your son to have a wonderfull wife, like you describe. I'm happy for you to have such a lovely dauther in law, I wish I could have her strength and patience to stand by my beloved one, but I also "know" this won't pass and it will keep a burden on our marriage and stress for me in all times. Choosing for you self is sometimes the best choice, time will tell.

MountainMom
    Participant

@Curious 1:  I know everyone's circumstances are different as far as keeping the marriage together when one spouse is a non-member.  Personally, I couldn't stay with someone who was a part of this church.  It is so completely stressful, and when you have to live with this person daily, it must be a kind of torture.  I sympathize greatly with anyone who has to put up with a husband/wife who is in the wms.  And I know many have not been able to stay with their spouse, and from what I am seeing, if there are children involved, the non-member spouse usually gets full custody if it comes to that.  At least the courts see what we see. 

setufree
    Participant

The next out of country trips are scheduled for Haiti.

unknown
    Participant

@Heinrich @MountainMom

The question is very rude. You can't compare something like this to a concentration camp just because you guys don't agree with it. Yes they aren't allowed to go anywhere they choose, but the members that go are going of their own will. They are not being forced. Also concentration camps were places were people were tortured, starved, and killed mercilessly just because of their religous belief, race, sexual orientation, etc (during WWII for example). The dorms/bible study buildings do not even compare to this type of situation. The members are fed, taken care of, and treated hospitibally by the korean members. I know you guys hate this group because of what they've done to you and/or your family members, but you can not just insult them any chance you get. It looks bad. Attack them by proving that what they teach and practice is false not by hurling blind insults in their general direction. 

Sally
    Participant

unknown wrote:

@Heinrich @MountainMom

The question is very rude. You can't compare something like this to a concentration camp just because you guys don't agree with it. Yes they aren't allowed to go anywhere they choose, but the members that go are going of their own will. They are not being forced. Also concentration camps were places were people were tortured, starved, and killed mercilessly just because of their religous belief, race, sexual orientation, etc (during WWII for example). The dorms/bible study buildings do not even compare to this type of situation. The members are fed, taken care of, and treated hospitibally by the korean members. I know you guys hate this group because of what they've done to you and/or your family members, but you can not just insult them any chance you get. It looks bad. Attack them by proving that what they teach and practice is false not by hurling blind insults in their general direction. 

@Unknown
    , They are most certainly being held against their own "free will"!! Perhaps you don't get what is really going on there. Regardless of wether or not the treatment in this particular case is better than WWII as you compared it to, it is still imprisionment. Further, it is, from what I have read and heard most certainly related to their religious belief, race and probably sexual orientation as well. But it really doesn't matter why someone is being held against their "own free will"! Standing up for them for any reason is just unacceptable.

Azula
    Participant

Ms Freedom wrote:

I had a conversation with an ex-member and he was telling me about his trips to Korea (he had several). He said the security around her is incredible! I said – REALLY? Why would god need security. If she is god, wouldn't the bullets or any other hazard just bounce off her?

Thats not true there is no security around her at all. It's very easy to approach her. But that was when I went  so who knows maybe things have changed.

Ms Freedom wrote:

…started to questions the pastor when one of the faithful members found out she had cancer and died quickly. The pastor tried to pass it off as if she hadn't taken passover. The guy said – yes she did; I was sitting right next to her. Then the pastor said that she probably didn't swallow it! OMG!! Then a decon-ness was hit by a bus and killed. When he questioned the pastor about that, the pastor said that father wanted her to come and prepare heaven for the rest of them. That is when he started questioning other things and decided to leave soon after that. The lies just started adding up and then he started doing research. He said he just felt so stupid! He said he would conduct research on the internet all the time but never did research on the organization to which he had given years of his life. That is Brain-washing my friends! 

Yes it's true it is brain washing. And arguing with a pastor who has had his brain washed is like arguing with a Jehovahs witness. They have the same MO and they can never be wrong, that was part of their trianing 1 Timothy 3:2. That added with the Korean culture of heirachy makes for a dangerous combination, because he is your superior he will also always be right no matter what argument you come up with.

MountainMom
    Participant

@unknown
    :  It is so funny that you are so concerned about the perception of "rude questions" where the wms is concerned but not so concerned about what they have done to my son throughout his involvement with the wms or what will happen to him when he finally realizes what they have done.  It goes quite a ways beyond rude.

Abhigail Delema
    Participant

I would like to answer the questions asked in the start.

A member never decides weither he/she is able to go to Korea it is totaly left to the assembly in Korea and the pastor in zion.(key is tites)

Yes a member does pay for his own ticket ,unless he is called for the pass over assembly held for the pastor.

It is safe to make the trip from india,but risky because members are given illegal money to carry like dollars wid them and hand over to athourithy in korea.

The trip to Kore is for 10 – 15 days.

Yes the members are picked up from the airport about 50-100  come but it is all preplaned drama all artificial I LOVE YOU and if you look in any conner or angle you will have some one watching you.

Members stay in the accormodation provided by the WMS which is realy good.but you got to be watch ful you always have an eye on you if you leave the room an they have CCTV cameras all over.

The food is excellent you have a vareity of food because they dont want anyone from any country disappointed the food is free.

No you cannot go out of the said terretory of the WMS nor ask any question about the outside world it belongs to satan.

You dont have any oppertunity to meet mama directly as we are told she is very busy. but you can take a group snap with her and a study snap.

You are also told to wear a tradaional dress a decaness wore a saree she was told to pin it from all angles so that her waist an back could not be seen.But i know when a korean short term team came to India (Virar mumbai ZION) a group of korean boys were having bath naked on the teerace of the row house how do you like that where is their culture,

MountainMom
    Participant

What AD says is accurate from all I have heard.  Some are given audience with "The Mother" but it is very controlled, and sometimes small groups are called into private rooms and allowed to talk to the Mother there.  In one of those small groups the Chicago entourage was told they were assigned to "Save Chicago by building 20 Zions there."  This was two years before the so called "end of the world in 2012."  None of it made sense since they couldn't get that done before 2012.  But they are making a lot of money in Chicago right now, and the USA is a good haven for that kind of scam, so I am sure that part made sense to shrewd businessmen or women.  

Anyway, @unknown, I honestly see that there are similarities with concentration camps.  Not everything, of course.  But the complete control aspect, and the brainwashing are the similarities I see.   I am not throwing out blind insults.  I am telling it as I see it.  You just don't agree.  If I was going to throw out blind insults, I would have to make something up.  I never do that, and I never throw out blind insults.   Some WMS members have come on here and been very insulting to me, however.  They actually WERE throwing out blind insults because they haven't studied me for five years and done lots of research.  What I see is with a very clear eye and from all angles. Nothing blind about it.   

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.