Cults be crazy, mhmmm!

Azula
    Participant

OMW! This is just too freaky! I was reading the exact same story.

Smurf
    Participant

I suppose it wasn't on "The Mirror", was it? lol

Ms Freedom
    Participant

The people in this story are not crazy; they are brainwashed. If the WMSCOG mother told her followers to eat gr*ss….

Matthew 6:30 "Wherefore, if God so clothe the gr*ss of the field, what to day is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much  more clothe you, O ye of little faith?"

WMSCOG members: This verse means that mother and father have provided the gr*ss of the field, just like they have provided for all your earthly needs. If your faith is small, you will not follow god's commandments, but if your faith is strong and you are truly their sheep, then you will demonstrate it before father and mother by eating the gr*ss of the field.

You know they would be looking for a gra*sy field in a heart beat!

I think my gr*ss verse is a better connection than the verse "Jeresulem is above us and she is our mother" and connecting that to mean Zang!

Come on – it's all about the spin! Maybe they will want to hire me to pick verses out of the Bible to spin and defend their doctrine – although they do that quite well on their own!

They are both cults. Every cult has weird doctrine and the members believe it. It's the hook. Once they have them hooked, they believe whatever they are told and will defend it because they believe their life (or after life) depends on it. That is why they are called sheep – because they follow along without question – just like the people/sheep eating gr*ss!

Smurf
    Participant

Alright, same folks who were made to eat gras$ are now drinking petrol! This is getting intense!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=541_1411677597

Is the next step going to be Cyanide?

Travis
    Participant

Smurf wrote:

Alright, same folks who were made to eat gras$ are now drinking petrol! This is getting intense!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=541_1411677597

Is the next step going to be Cyanide?

OMG I can't believe what ignorance can do to people

Simon
    Participant

Probably well below the LD50 if it is legitly petrol not that it makes it safe but I think he is attemping at staging miracles

Joshua
    Participant

There's no mystery as to how cult groups can become dangerous and destructive. Think about this; there is a church group that willingly handles deadly snakes because the Bible speaks of getting bitten by one and not being harmed. I'm glad that people can believe in Gods Word so strongly but I think they obviously ignore the scripture that teach us not to test God. I have believed for two people to come out of the WMSCOG for every one that they con into the group. As I have witnessed things so far it seems to be coming to pass. I wish it was faster but one thing is for sure, I didn't give God an ultimatum about making this happen I just asked and believed that He would do it.

PaulW
    Participant

Great point Joshua: those deadly snakes can be a graet comparision! Have you hear about the top Zion folks who defected and gave interviews? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbm4NWZ_QSE&list=UUyRTd4erdPhjMoEfNz6450A&index=1

Smurf
    Participant

Misleading video.

Ms Freedom
    Participant

I think this is one of the worst videos I have ever seen. The sounds/noise are so distracting I found it hard to watch. So I stopped.

Travis
    Participant

PaulW wrote:

Great point Joshua: those deadly snakes can be a graet comparision! Have you hear about the top Zion folks who defected and gave interviews? 

@Paul
    , is there any video of the two defected members who provided the interviews.? who are they and how can we find such interview.?

Thanks

Sally
    Participant

Ms Freedom wrote:

I think this is one of the worst videos I have ever seen. The sounds/noise are so distracting I found it hard to watch. So I stopped.

For the same reasons as Ms Freedom, I also stopped watching the video early on. However, not before hearing Chadd mention "young people".  For some reason I found that very disturbing. Chadd, please don't preach this stuff to "young people". I am in no way insinuating that you are. It just popped into my head when you said it. Clearly, you are very excited and enthusiastic right now but please, if the thought occurs to you that your music videos are a good way to reach "young people" please don't do it. Let their parents or guardians guide them until they are of age. Perhaps you could put a disclaimer or warning on the videos informing the young people that they should speak with their parents if they are interested in what you are preaching. Thank you in advance Chadd, you seem like a bright guy and I'm confident you will understand what i'm trying to say here.

Simon
    Participant

young people traditionally includes adult up to like 26

setufree
    Participant

In the “truth” I noticed until your in your late twenties your part of the “youth group” and do silly stuff like play games and put on plays .

How sad it was to see grown up women mentally/spiritually stunted and acting like they had the mind of a child.

Curious1
    Participant

Young people, that is the part what really scares me. A lot of students are away from home, maybe insecure and very vulnerable. But easy to catch. Just like elderly people. The people in ages in between aren't interested. They pick the ones who are easy to catch.Or the ones with money.

Sally
    Participant

Simon wrote:

young people traditionally includes adult up to like 26

So true 95% of the time……..the colleges and universities have to get on board

Simon
    Participant

Which is very difficult if not imposible to legally do

Travis
    Participant

setufree wrote:

In the "truth" I noticed until your in your late twenties your part of the "youth group" and do silly stuff like play games and put on plays .

How sad it was to see grown up women mentally/spiritually stunted and acting like they had the mind of a child.

@Setufree

That's exactly how WMS wants its members to feel. Like kids. It's at that age when a person is making the crossover from young adult to real adult. People don't want the commitments and responsibilities of adulthood when at that age. So, it serves as an escape from reality. 

If a person enters the 30's behaving like kids, as it is in the case of WMS members, it's difficult for their minds to completely assimilate and adapt to adulthood. When it does, it does it carrying lots of emotional trouble. 

Simon
    Participant

putting on plays isn't silly, in the case of WMSCOG it is blasphemous but everything WMSCOG does is blasphemy….

even the things they get close to right they do in the same of the wrong god thus it is even worse blasphemy in many ways.

Sure seemed in my Zion however you entered Adult Activities the oldest members were going a little too young not late

setufree
    Participant

@simon. I guess every zion works differently but with the same message.

Mine is/was setup like this , the babies and daycare & teenagers were one group who were always together and sat in the back.

Until you were about 19 late 20s (or older assuming you can still look young enough to preach at a campus) you were in the College youth group.

Older African American women were in their own group.

Women with kids (30s-40s) who weren’t title holders were in their own group or “preaching leaders”

Older hispanic women worked kitchen.

Senior citizens didn’t even exist here lol.

The young kids sat in the back, along with title holders. The stronger in faith would sit towards front with any new fruit.

Again this is what zion I knew , so it sounds like each one all over the country worked differently depending on the Pastor or missionary.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.