Changes In the Green Book – Removal of Second Coming

• Creator
    Topic
    Moved-Comment
    Participant

Originally posted by John on Changes in the Green Book – Part 1 – Removal of “Second Coming” References

Are you serious? You think that those two writings are different? First one says what Christ will do in the future, AND even the appointed time of His second coming. Second one you use say the eact same thing. You have very poor grammar skills or english is not your first language. Oh wait, people whose english is not their first language translated those books, and now you who cannot read or understand english (obviously) try and dicfer why they change the working of the books.

Those two books say the excact same thing. Jesus coming is obvious ly His second coming. I truly see no difference in the MEANING of the two examples you have shown.

Jesus Coming = His 2nd coming. There is no difference. You all need to stop this. Whoever has made this website is a liar, and has no understanding of basic english and grammar.

You are making it seem like Ahnsahnghong said the 2nd coming Christ would come in the future in the first example/writing, when thats not what the writing says. It says what Christ will do in the future. Not that he will come in the future. By studying the works of Moses we can also understand the appointed day of His second coming. It does not say that day is in the furtue though. You are a liar for saying that it says like that, or you do not understand english. Either way people should not listen to you.

Second writing/example says by studying works of Moses we can understand everything Christ WILL do (future tense for all of you who failed grammar), IN addition to the time of His (Jesus’s) coming (which would obviously His second coming. There is no difference in the two writings.

originally posted by admin:

Hello John and thank you for commenting. I understand English perfectly thank you. If the two writing examples are the same and mean the same thing, as you claim, then why change it? Why would the WMSCOG delete the words “future” and “second” if there is no difference? Do your research.

Simon
    Participant

With God all things are possible.

And Parthenogenesis is possible in humans whether you believe it or not.

genny
    Participant

king34 wrote:

hey shimon I have a question. I understand that jesus was born of a virgin berth but from where jesus geneology come from because joseph is not his father. Because I was looking at the geneology of jesus and it does not match when you look at it in mathew and I believe the other one is in mark or luke?

shimon wrote:

Genny at one point posted a link explaining why one was of Mary and One was of Joseph and why it was expressed as of Joseph. I do not have it off hand if she doesn't see this and post it before I find it I will repost it.

I can't find that conversation right now, but I can give links about the two genealogies of Jesus as explained in some Bible commentaries:

http://studylight.org/com/acc/view.cgi?book=lu&chapter=3&verse=23#Lu3_23

http://studylight.org/com/bcc/view.cgi?book=lu&chapter=3&verse=23#Lu3_23

Enoc
    Participant

who here have the 1993 green book?

i need more/detailed information 

i contact the site via email with no responce

Emily
    Participant

Enoc wrote:

who here have the 1993 green book?

i need more/detailed information 

i contact the site via email with no responce

I only have the 2007 version.  What exactly are you looking for Enoc?  I would like to try and help.

Enoc
    Participant

Emily wrote:

I only have the 2007 version.  What exactly are you looking for Enoc?  I would like to try and help.

Hi Emily, i also have some versions from 2000 and 2010 but i need to see that 93 version to check some things. i had no luck with the site contact email and forum admin pm, both do not answer my emails. If someone can sell me the original would be cool, but a copy or scan is ok too. thanks

admin
    Keymaster

Enoc wrote:

Emily wrote:

Hi Emily, i also have some versions from 2000 and 2010 but i need to see that 93 version to check some things. i had no luck with the site contact email and forum admin pm, both do not answer my emails. If someone can sell me the original would be cool, but a copy or scan is ok too. thanks

i have no pms from you, but i did finally get time to respond to your e-mails.  sorry for the delay.

emil
    Participant

I think we are losing sight of the issue here. While the WMSCOG members here may think they have a valid argument about the word "future" being dropped, you must look at the earlier part of the sentence to understand that the word has great significance.

It is in fact contrary to the way they use Rom 5:14 "as did Adam, who is a pattern of the one to come" to show that the new Adam was still to come at the time Hebrews was written despite the fact that the verse does not imply it at all. This becomes more clear when you read translations other than the NIV, all of which unambiguously say "was to come" in some way or other.

Going back, without the word future inserted, the "will do" can be interpreted to mean anything that was done after Moses wrote his works. They can then go on to say this includes all that Ahn had done since his baptism as his claim to be God.

On the other hand, insert the word "future" back in and the meaning changes to imply what is going to happen in a period post the writing of Ahn's book.

If they try to justify the removal as a correction in translation, it looks OK until you realize that the Korean version has been changed too. Since Ahn wrote in the Korean language, and he was dead long before even the 1993 edition came out, how can anyone justify the change in the later Korean version after 1993?

Taking the part about removal of the word "second" and claiming that "coming" implies "second coming", that is again a dicey proposition. If you take out the word, there is no reason why the first coming is not equally applicable since Moses' works were written centuries before the first coming. If Ahn was the second coming as they claim, he is dead. So anything  that still remains to be done by Christ would have to be at the third coming. I understand from a member friend that the second coming is deemed to have started with his baptism in 1948. This in order to claim the fig tree parable as prophecy though the story clearly has no link with the second coming.

One more point seems to have been overlooked in the change is words. I point to the apparent removal of the words "the truth about the relations between Jesus and us." To me this reads like Ahn identified himself as one of us and not as Christ. Removal of this is extremely significant. 

Simon
    Participant

I always understood at his coming to be speaking of second coming as completed in 84 so there really is no confusion in that one. As far as the one to come versus who was to come one word change could be argued skewed both ways. Not read other translations mostly because most are kjv tradition based rather than translations done purely off the text.

Jesus and us type word usage remains in the books in some places too so that conspiracy would seem a bit strong if it weren’t for the other horrible jobs they do at cover-ups

admin
    Keymaster

emil
    Participant

Simon wrote:

I always understood at his coming to be speaking of second coming as completed in 84 so there really is no confusion in that one. As far as the one to come versus who was to come one word change could be argued skewed both ways. Not read other translations mostly because most are kjv tradition based rather than translations done purely off the text.

Jesus and us type word usage remains in the books in some places too so that conspiracy would seem a bit strong if it weren't for the other horrible jobs they do at cover-ups

Could you please elaborate? I am not clear what you mean to say. The point I am making is that the word 'future' does make a difference to the possible interpretations to the sentence. Without that word, the sentence could be interpreted to mean the events taking place after Moses. However, with the word it is unambiguously and event taking place after the writer has written the sentence.

I also don't understand what your last sentence means.

Viewing 10 replies - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.