Celebrating the Passover

Tagged: ,

• Creator
    Topic
    emil
    Participant

The WMSCOG makes a big deal out of two things; keeping the Sabbath and celebrating the Passover. For both things, I understand they teach that the catholic church abolished them in the 4th century.

I am starting this thread to discuss the issue of the issue of the Passover and about when and how it was abolished by the catholic church. I request wmscog members and former members to weigh in.

I am not clear about what the passover is as celebrated by the wmscog. What aspect of it was abolished in the 4th century.

emil
    Participant

What about Nisan? Don't they use that name?

Simon
    Participant

Thats definitely Babylon

fromtheotherside
    Participant

emil wrote:

fromtheotherside wrote:

Emil you still don't understand.  By your understanding we should not speak, wear clothes or even move, but just stand there naked until we die. Lolz!    Because the english language is Pagan, Jeans are pagan and so are suits, but that would be rediculous wouldn't it.  You still haven't  grasped why we consider Christmas pagan and a nono, even though I've explained it multiple times.  The difference between Christmas and names of Months and "sandwiches" is that they are not celebrations or used in worship of God.  No wonder you can't see what the point is.  Everyone else understands except you.

OK so you do not use the names of the months to define when you are to worship your god? But you do say that you celebrate passover on the 14th of Nisan right?

Now I choose to celebrate the birthday of my Lord on 25th December. Why exactly is that pagan? Pagans would have had something bad they did on possibly every single day of the year, given that pagan history is thousands of years old. How can you ensure that pagans did not have some kind of feast on the day you celebrate your feast? You simply cannot.

God knows my heart. He knows whom I am worshiping every single day including Christmas Day. He also knows who you have been worshiping.

Now lets get back to the passover.

You are very slow…. Because the name of a month does not have it's origin from the bible, which can be disputed because the bible uses those names itself, so it is in the bible, but besides that, we don't call it the feastival of Nisan or we don't call sabbath, saturday worship,   The festival is Passover, which is in the month of Nisan, which is in the spring which by the way the word spring is not from the bible also.  Many words are not from the bible and are pagan, but those words are used to describe or tell when the festival (which isn't pagan) is.  Using words which are not from bible to discribe something isn't the point, the worship itself is from the God, Christmas and other festivals are not. 

fromtheotherside
    Participant

emil wrote:

fromtheotherside wrote:

Emil you still don't understand.  By your understanding we should not speak, wear clothes or even move, but just stand there naked until we die. Lolz!    Because the english language is Pagan, Jeans are pagan and so are suits, but that would be rediculous wouldn't it.  You still haven't  grasped why we consider Christmas pagan and a nono, even though I've explained it multiple times.  The difference between Christmas and names of Months and "sandwiches" is that they are not celebrations or used in worship of God.  No wonder you can't see what the point is.  Everyone else understands except you.

OK so you do not use the names of the months to define when you are to worship your god? But you do say that you celebrate passover on the 14th of Nisan right?

Now I choose to celebrate the birthday of my Lord on 25th December. Why exactly is that pagan? Pagans would have had something bad they did on possibly every single day of the year, given that pagan history is thousands of years old. How can you ensure that pagans did not have some kind of feast on the day you celebrate your feast? You simply cannot.

God knows my heart. He knows whom I am worshiping every single day including Christmas Day. He also knows who you have been worshiping.

Now lets get back to the passover.

You're comparing Passover which is from God, to something that isn't, you need to upen your eyes.  Also you should consider your words, "I choose to"  That says it all right there, YOU CHOOSE TO.  Meaning it is man's will not God's.  It's not from God. See how you can't put the words, "God said to" or "the bible says" .

God does know your heart, just as he new Cain's! 

Joshua
    Participant

This is some very deceptive logic you are trying to use here. It's especially deceptive by your use of the Cain reference. We all have choices to make when it comes to our faith. I choose to follow the one true God. This is not something that has been somehow forced upon me . Gods Word does tell me to do this but I still make the choice to do so. My words say it all, "I CHOOSE TO!" Deceptive logic is no kind of fact just as repeating something over and over again doesn't make it true. God knows your deceptive heart!

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I think the Cain reference was dead on [with a lot of people]. God knew Cain's heart which is why He looked at his offering without favor. He even told him, "If you do what is right you will praised" or something like that. People like to say, "Well, that's all he had to offer. He did what he could." Obviously that's not true otherwise God would have acknowledged that. [He acknowledged the people who couldn't keep PO in the 1st month].

A lot of people try to justify what they're doing with, "I think.." or "I believe" but that's not what the bible/God says [usually]. Now.. saying someone has a deceptive heart without proof [such as the person admitting his deceptive ways] is playing God because only God knows your heart besides yourself. Sometimes we don't even know why we do something but God always knows and it might be for reasons of deception.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

fromtheotherside wrote:

You are very slow…. Because the name of a month does not have it's origin from the bible, which can be disputed because the bible uses those names itself, so it is in the bible, but besides that, we don't call it the feastival of Nisan or we don't call sabbath, saturday worship,   The festival is Passover, which is in the month of Nisan, which is in the spring which by the way the word spring is not from the bible also.  Many words are not from the bible and are pagan, but those words are used to describe or tell when the festival (which isn't pagan) is.  Using words which are not from bible to discribe something isn't the point, the worship itself is from the God, Christmas and other festivals are not. 

RUDE!

But I understand what you're saying. Saying Christmas isn't pagan but celebrating Christmas is pagan. Saying Sunday isn't pagan but the reason the 1st day is called Sunday comes from pagan worship [so to speak]. Saying Jesus doesn't make you Christian but worshipping Jesus does. Worshipping Jesus and BillyBob is pagan because you have mixed falsehood with truth.

I constantly see the arguement that worshipping on Saturday is worshipping Saturn. It's because the WMSCOG says when you worship on Sunday you're inadvertly* worshipping the sun god. The reason they say this is because [assuming the following is true] Christians were tricked to believe they were keeping Christian laws when in actuality they were keeping with the sun god laws; just that "sun god" was replaced with "Jesus" but that doesn't make it right.. So, worshipping on Saturday isn't worshipping Saturn because no one was tricked to keep saturn god traditions whilst believing they were worshipping Jesus.. assuming the preceeding is true.

emil
    Participant

I understand what FTOS is saying but I am not sure what Renita is implying here. Here is my response to both. I really don't expect FTOS to get it because he has been blinded and beyond logical discussion.

How is celebrating Christmas pagan? At Christmas I celebrate the birth of Jesus the gift of God himself to us.

If you insist on celebrating the feasts of the old testament, you go ahead and do that. We shall bring that up in due course in the Passover thread. However, Paul tells us that such expression is tantamount to rejecting Jesus. If you still want to live by the covenant God made with Moses, that is your choice. My choice is the new covenant of Jesus. So tell me I have no right to make a choice.

Speaking of using words, this whole point started when FTOS said the word "christmas" is pagan but hasn't been able to back it up with a mustard seed sized bit of proof.

emil
    Participant

Sorry I lost track of which thread we are in. Any comments about the word "christmas" being pagan, we should continue in the WMSCOG vs Christmas celebration thread. Here we should discuss the passover.

I am still not completely clear what exactly is passover as in "we are the only ones to keep the passover". Can someone enlighten me about it?

I would also like to know what exactly the keeping of passover in the aforementioned manner is supposed to do for us with scripture reference.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

IMO keeping pagan traditions/laws is pagan even if you replace the pagan god with Jesus. Now, is Christmas pagan? Well, the name has changed.. People go door to door singing clothed instead of singing naked.. People only decorate trees instead of bowing down to them.. Men have sex with men regardless.. A lot of the pagan-ness of Saturnalia has changed but does that still make it pagan?

I would argue yes because a lot of the Christian-ness of Christianity has changed and people still say it's Christian. But in reality, I don't think Christmas itself is a pagan tradition because all the worshipping is for Jesus minus the pagan traditions. No one is worshipping trees or sacrificing a human as the devil or anything like that anymore. My answer rolls with my belief that once you take the false gods out of the situation, it's no longer pagan worship.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

emil wrote:

Sorry I lost track of which thread we are in. Any comments about the word "christmas" being pagan, we should continue in the WMSCOG vs Christmas celebration thread. Here we should discuss the passover.

I am still not completely clear what exactly is passover as in "we are the only ones to keep the passover". Can someone enlighten me about it?

I would also like to know what exactly the keeping of passover in the aforementioned manner is supposed to do for us with scripture reference.

I gave you a response to the word Christmas being pagan.

emil
    Participant

Needs mentioning that the Saturnalia celebration started on Dec 17 and ended on 23rd December if I remember correctly. So the alleged connection is non-existent.

emil
    Participant

Renita, Simon, FTOS, can you please enlighten me what exactly is the passover kept by wmscog like nobody else? What benefit the keeping of passover is supposed to be? I am not asking what you think but what the wmscog teaches. 

Love'n Honey
    Participant

emil wrote:

Renita, Simon, FTOS, can you please enlighten me what exactly is the passover kept by wmscog like nobody else? What benefit the keeping of passover is supposed to be? I am not asking what you think but what the wmscog teaches. 

No other church does ALL of these things:

Baptism requirement in the 3 Names [Jehovah, Jesus, Ahnsahnghong].. Bread and wine specifically [not crackers and juice] for exactly everyone [including babies].. Only eaten/drunken once a year.. Feet washing ceremony.. Twighlight.. Blessing the bread and wine in the name Ahnsahnghong.. 2nd PO celebration for those who missed the first.. Leaving none until morning..

If a church does anything different from the above mentioned then they are not keeping the same PO.

Simon
    Participant

but then again the bread is rice cakes soo wmscog doesn't even do that lol

Love'n Honey
    Participant

The bread isn't rice cakes. When I was given the recipe for the bread so a brother and I could keep it on the ship, rice was not an ingredient.

Simon
    Participant

did it taste the same as Passover (on Passover) in regular Zion?

emil
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

No other church does ALL of these things:

Baptism requirement in the 3 Names [Jehovah, Jesus, Ahnsahnghong].. Bread and wine specifically [not crackers and juice] for exactly everyone [including babies].. Only eaten/drunken once a year.. Feet washing ceremony.. Twighlight.. Blessing the bread and wine in the name Ahnsahnghong.. 2nd PO celebration for those who missed the first.. Leaving none until morning..

If a church does anything different from the above mentioned then they are not keeping the same PO.

Thank you Renita. That is most helpful.

"Blessing the bread and wine in the name Ahnsahnghong" – The moment that condition is added, it is impossible for anyone else to keep that kind of PO unless they believe in ASH.

That brings up an interesting thought. IF ASH retored the PO back in 1964 or whenever, did he also bless the bread and wine in the name of Ahnsahnghong? Perhaps FTOS can enlighten us on this.

emil
    Participant

Just read about the Jewish passover seder. It appears that 4 cups of wine are drunk. Bit much for babies isn't it?

One question: "Leaving none until morning" – where does it come from? Is it because of the manna in the desert or the fact that all the lamb had to be eaten in the original passover?

Simon
    Participant

Four cups of wine is the pharisee Passover but even still cups can be tiny

Viewing 20 replies - 21 through 40 (of 165 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.