Boston

• Creator
    Topic
    Sarah2013
    Participant

The wickedness of man. How can we hurt each other this way. May God be with these families.

Simon
    Participant

I knew it before and rejected it before because poor explanation

Don’t throw out the baby with the bath water just means be careful in this case test everything pray study discuss with other christians get their perspective but definitely throw out the bath water

Questioninginla
    Participant

I've been criticized for bringing up the correllation between certain groups.

Page 35, Library of Congress – Federal Research Division, The Sociology and Psychology of Terrorism (http://www.loc.gov/rr/frd/pdf-files/Soc_Psych_of_Terrorism.pdf)

"Terrorist groups are similar to religious sects or cults. They require total commitment by members; they often prohibit relations with outsiders"

From page 36: "Peer pressure, group solidarity, and the psychology of group dynamics help to pressure an individual member to remain in the terrorist group. According to Post(1986), terrorists tend to submerge their own identities into the group, resulting in a kind of “group mind” and group moral code that requires unquestioned obedience to the group. As Crenshaw (1985) has observed, “The group, as selector and interpreter of ideology, is central.” Group cohesion increases or decreases depending on the degree of outside danger facing the group. The need to belong to a group motivates most terrorists who are followers to join a terrorist group. Behavior among terrorists is similar, in Post’s analysis, because of this need by alienated individuals to belong. For the new recruit, the terrorist group becomes a substitute family, and the group’s leaders become substitute parents."

Anyone see any correllations?

Disturbed
    Participant

I absolutely see the correlation. While a member, we regarded ourselves as the heavenly family. We had “father” & “mother” and called each other brothers & sisters. I do feel a sense of loss since I have left. We were “encouraged” to not associate with our outside friends, which caused us to lean heavily on each other for some type of friendship/family. The strange thing is although we were very friendly with each other inside the church, they “suggested” that we not spend too much time with each other outside the church.

Questioninginla
    Participant

If only these 3 blind mice would take a look at the infrastructure that their deity uses.  smh.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Disturbed wrote:

I absolutely see the correlation. While a member, we regarded ourselves as the heavenly family. We had "father" & "mother" and called each other brothers & sisters. I do feel a sense of loss since I have left. We were "encouraged" to not associate with our outside friends, which caused us to lean heavily on each other for some type of friendship/family. The strange thing is although we were very friendly with each other inside the church, they "suggested" that we not spend too much time with each other outside the church.

Thank you very much. I have mentioned this same thing in another thread. Howbeit we are all arriving at similar experiences. Are we all mad? I doubt that. However, one will try to challenge my comment. Watch. Or not. 

Questioninginla
    Participant

Sarah2013 wrote:

Disturbed wrote:

I absolutely see the correlation. While a member, we regarded ourselves as the heavenly family. We had "father" & "mother" and called each other brothers & sisters. I do feel a sense of loss since I have left. We were "encouraged" to not associate with our outside friends, which caused us to lean heavily on each other for some type of friendship/family. The strange thing is although we were very friendly with each other inside the church, they "suggested" that we not spend too much time with each other outside the church.

Thank you very much. I have mentioned this same thing in another thread. Howbeit we are all arriving at similar experiences. Are we all mad? I doubt that. However, one will try to challenge my comment. Watch. Or not. 

I'm going with "not"….

ITS A VIRUS!

Classic.  Since the beginning of history.

BLOCK OUT THESE THOUGHTS!  DON'T READ!  ITS A VIRUS TO MY BRAIN.

Control.  That is all.

Viewing 6 replies - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.