BC505762

• Creator
    Topic
    Love'n Honey
    Participant

The Plaintiff's motion was denied.

Disturbed
    Participant

AWESOME! Did the judge tell him knock it off? Congrats to you Renita!

Disturbed
    Participant

AWESOME! Did the judge tell him knock it off? Congrats to you Renita!

Love'n Honey
    Participant

When Diane asked if the case would be dismissed completely, meaning they can't call us back to court about it, he said he couldn't make that call. That's the job of a different Judge. When the transcript becomes available for review, you guys MUST read it. =)

Love'n Honey
    Participant

When Diane asked if the case would be dismissed completely, meaning they can't call us back to court about it, he said he couldn't make that call. That's the job of a different Judge. When the transcript becomes available for review, you guys MUST read it. =)

Stained
    Participant

Lost again. [DENIED]

Stained
    Participant

Lost again. [DENIED]

Nobodysfool
    Participant

I think they already know they are going to lose.  All they want is for people to spend money they don't have for a lawyer so that those people won't try to do anything again.  They don't  worry about paying for a lawyer, hec it's coming out of the members pocket and besides that a couple of thousand is best to lose then millions if the other side continues to talk. 

Nobodysfool
    Participant

I think they already know they are going to lose.  All they want is for people to spend money they don't have for a lawyer so that those people won't try to do anything again.  They don't  worry about paying for a lawyer, hec it's coming out of the members pocket and besides that a couple of thousand is best to lose then millions if the other side continues to talk. 

MountainMom
    Participant

Exactly.

MountainMom
    Participant

Exactly.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Even though we didn't need the lawyer to defend us in this case, I'm glad we retained one. He gave us advice and answered my many questions concerning protesting, law suits, etc. Now I know, and will try to follow, how to give a memorable protest without violating the law. The WMSCOG can continue to take us [generally] to court but it would only make them look bad by adding more lost law suits to their tally.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Even though we didn't need the lawyer to defend us in this case, I'm glad we retained one. He gave us advice and answered my many questions concerning protesting, law suits, etc. Now I know, and will try to follow, how to give a memorable protest without violating the law. The WMSCOG can continue to take us [generally] to court but it would only make them look bad by adding more lost law suits to their tally.

MountainMom
    Participant

You are so right Renita.  And as I have always said, we need to protest, but do it appropriately and in a legal fashion.  Which is really what you did in the first place there, in my opinion. 

MountainMom
    Participant

You are so right Renita.  And as I have always said, we need to protest, but do it appropriately and in a legal fashion.  Which is really what you did in the first place there, in my opinion. 

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Your opinion is in line with the Judge's. He even said that Diane's protest was the most respectful he had ever seen.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Your opinion is in line with the Judge's. He even said that Diane's protest was the most respectful he had ever seen.

emil
    Participant

Hope the judge awarded you guys the cost of defending the frivolous lawsuit at least.

emil
    Participant

Hope the judge awarded you guys the cost of defending the frivolous lawsuit at least.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

We would have to file a counter suit for that. We can do it ourselves for free after a whole lot of research to make sure we cover all our bases.. or we can pay an attorney another $1.5k to have it done properly without the headache.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

We would have to file a counter suit for that. We can do it ourselves for free after a whole lot of research to make sure we cover all our bases.. or we can pay an attorney another $1.5k to have it done properly without the headache.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.