Arranged Marriages

• Creator
    Topic
    Love'n Honey
    Participant

I've witnessed 2. I know "Missionary's" marriage was a big surprise. My guess is that her's was arranged, too. She doesn't seem like the wife type. Lol. How many have you witnessed? Were you asked to be married? Do you think you would have?

MountainMom
    Participant

I think you are right, Fried.  Some people have actually come out and not told their families because they didn't want to hear "I told you so."  That is sad.   

Love'n Honey
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

Azula and Love, I had heard that babies were sent to earth as their punishment for plotting to murder and you have verified that for me.  They realy like to make the good times bad, don't they?  But I guess the flip side for the church is that they make the babies tithe too, so they get more money from the members.  I heard the parents have to give 10 % of everything they spend on the child each week so that the baby will receive blessings.  I wonder if that is from the time conceived or the time born?  Anyway, making a baby tithe (through the parents) is completely ridiculous, but if it works for more revenue, then I guess the wms will use it. 

Wow! I didn't know they paid 10% of child expenses on top of 10% of their income. That's about 15 – 17% of your total income from most. Nearly a fifth. In-cursing-sane.

Questioninginla
    Participant

sounds like human nature would be to spend less on the child.

medical expenses run high these days.

I doubt medical expenses are exempt from tithe?

If it is true that the baby was sent to earth for punishment, then why spend money on medical care? Let that sinner die.

Love'n Honey wrote:

Correct. They play both sides of the coin. I should have mentioned that. They view children born in the truth as lucky burdens. Lol.

Never a wrong answer.  Illusion of choice.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Questioninginla wrote:

Love'n Honey wrote:

Correct. They play both sides of the coin. I should have mentioned that. They view children born in the truth as lucky burdens. Lol.

Never a wrong answer.  Illusion of choice.

What? Wrong answer to what question? My choices are illusions?

Questioninginla
    Participant

I could have been more clear in my post.

I meant to say that a group that plays both sides of the coin can never be seen to have given a wrong answer.  Moreover, they provide their followers with the illusion of choice, but that is because the followers cannot see past the doctrine as it is used to control behavior; the word control being used somewhat loosely in this regard.

In other words, its a win/win for the group, every time.  "I made my choice", the follower says.  That's what tickles the great deceiver the most, imho.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Questioninginla wrote:

I could have been more clear in my post.

I meant to say that a group that plays both sides of the coin can never be seen to have given a wrong answer.  Moreover, they provide their followers with the illusion of choice, but that is because the followers cannot see past the doctrine as it is used to control behavior; the word control being used somewhat loosely in this regard.

In other words, its a win/win for the group, every time.  "I made my choice", the follower says.  That's what tickles the great deceiver the most, imho.

Oh, ok. Yea, I'm not talented when it comes to reading between the lines. =)

Viewing 6 replies - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.