Arranged marriages

• Creator
    Topic
    julesthesoprano
    Participant

I made the mistake of falling in love with someone in this cult.

Long story short, earlier this year he became increasingly distant, and despite my efforts to be patient and understanding he continued to push me away. When I finally confronted him he told me that he didn’t have time for a relationship right now, that it had nothing to do with me and I had done nothing wrong. Of course I believed him, and though there were feelings on both sides it made sense to take a break.  We continued to talk though, and I really believed that it was still going to be me and him in the end. And then suddenly he stopped contacting me.  Two weeks later while scrolling through my Facebook I saw the announcement that he was now in a relationship with another woman. I can only assume this is someone from his church. I had no desire to investigate further, I was so hurt. He had never kept a relationship status the entire time we were together. I realize now that it wasn’t a matter of privacy but because he was ashamed of me. Apparently it was a huge scandal to start a relationship with someone that “missionary” didn’t pick out for you. I fully expect them to be married by the end of the year. I was with him long enough to figure out that that was how they did things.

My heart is broken and I can’t tell you all how much I wish I never met him.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Check your private message, I sent you something.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have similar story! I was with my loved one for 7 years, we were engaged for a year. I was never a member of the church and always had bad vibes about it, It was hard to speak to her about the church, cause if I did she would get so angry to the point where the conversation could not even last, you couldn’t even ask questions. suddenly she broke up our engagement and said if I don’t get involved in the church she won’t be able to stay with me, and I did not want to get involved into something that I knew was already a controlling environment.

Can you believe the one I loved for 7 years, broke it off with me and suddenly got engaged to someone within a month, and she is involved with someone with a church. This is an example how the church and the leaders want you to stay within the members and not have any relations on the outside world. It’s really awful and I can’t believe these Cults exist, it really needs to be dealt with, there are victims who is blindly following this, the main culprit are the korean leaders, you need to take permission from them on everything you do in the church.

MountainMom
    Participant

Bump.

junebug
    Participant

It’s been awhile since I’ve visited this site. I never had a log on, just read hours and hours of this forum trying to make sense of what was happening around me. I hope you all realize just how many people you help with this website, and especially this forum.  Thank you for that…you all helped me get through a tough time.

Thank you @mountainmom for bumping this as it was the first thing I saw when I came here today.  I don’t have an answer as to why I came on this website after not visiting for probably a year.   It just got to be so painful, it was easier to try and forget what had happened and try to move on.  Unfortunately, I haven’t moved on and it’s ironic this post is the first thing I saw tonight.

I lost my best friend, my soulmate, to this group.  In a blink of an eye I was erased from his life. Julesthesoprano my story is so similar to yours.  In the end, I refused to join this group with him. He tried numerous times to get me to go with him.  In the end, he told me he was worried I’d pull him away because he’d want to spend more time with me instead of at the church.  I told him I’d support him and know that his time in this group was important to him…that wasn’t enough.  We parted ways- mainly because it was so hard for me to be near him when I knew we couldn’t be together.  Because I was an “outsider” he could never pursue a relationship with me.

Fast forward a few months later… I still talked to him now and again…but I found out as I was scrolling through Facebook that he had MARRIED a girl from his group.  In 3 MONTHS time.  Right there in the middle of my feed was their wedding picture.   I then learned she was brought in from another state so they could marry.  You all know what happened next, right?? Yup, they were sent off to start a new group in a new town.  He even left his small child behind.

Still a year later I have no words. It shook me to the core.  Im still so angry.  But i miss him terribly everyday and keep praying for his release from this horrible group.

Gosh that felt good to get that off my chest! I should have done this 2 years ago 🙂

Lovesjesus
    Participant

I want to also say “Thank you” to all the people who have shared their experiences. I have posted a few things here and there. But, mostly, I to have read hours and hours of testimonies. I also have followed the links and read as much information as I can get my hands on. I hope someday to be able to say, that my sister and her family have been delivered from the demonic hold this group has on them. Thank you for sharing. God bless you.

Felicia1122
    Participant

I haven’t been on here for a looong time. Update. My sister married a Kenyan man this past Nov. She left Omaha and went to Moorhead, MN. Homeland security is looking for him because he is suppose to be here for school.  When I met him he was soooo secretive.  He would not give me his last name or where he was living. He probably already knew he was in some mess and was trying to get married a quick as possible. My sister did say they suggest they should get married and they did.

Another thing, do anyone knows about their members working at hotels? When my sister lost her job she told me there was a hotel that allowed their members to work. She now works at a hotel in Moorhead.  I wouldn’t put it pass the sex trafficking thing, now that I think about it.  He can’t  work because he has to prove he can work in the US.  Meanwhile he’s recruiting people and he has this van.  I think it’s a great cover up. Go across these different towns saying you’re  here to visit the church and you are coming in all hours of the night “recruiting” and bring people in and out by morning.  In the bible Rev. Ch 2:18-22 sounds just like their Mother God.  Jesus too knew of works of charity, service, and faith, but she seduce his servants to commit fornication. Just a thought. No one would expect that.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I know a lot of members here working in hotels, it’s a very good point you bring out @felicia1122,  i don’t know what’s the trend, But i hope one day she will wake up and realize that she has been conned to this destructive cult. All we can do is pray for them.

MountainMom
    Participant

Bump.

GODS friend
    Participant

MOUNTAIN MOM. WILL BE RAPED. A. THIRTY. MEN. AND. DIE. YOU. WILL. NEVER. SEE. YOUR. SON. AGAIN. YOU. WANT. TO. HAVE. SEX. WITH. YOUR. SON??
    YOU. PERVERTED. BITCH.

GODS friend
    Participant

MOUTAIN MOM. WILL BE RAPED. BY POLICE. OFFICERS. YOPU. LOVE. THEM. SO. MUCH. BUMP THAT.

GODS friend
    Participant

MOUNTAIN MOM IS A PERVERTED. WHITE BITCH. WANTS. TO HAVE SEX WITH HER OWN SON
    YOU WILL BURN IN HELL

GODS friend
    Participant

MAYOR AND MIKE. WILL BE. RAPED. BY 5 POLICE OFFICERS.
    YOU. DIRTY. BASTARD. YOU. HAVE. NO. LIFE. ALWAYS. ON. THIS. BORING. WEBSITE

blackdog4302
    Participant

Such language doesn’t belong in Heaven. Can you really say you are God’s friend?

blackdog4302
    Participant

I’m a member of this church and we don’t have any trafficers. Not really sure where the idea came from. Sorry about your sister though.

Lovesjesus
    Participant

The language of “God’s friend” is unacceptable. This sight is better than that. We are supposed to love our enemies. I’m not saying that I never feel like cursing at the evil that has deceived my sister and her husband and now is threatening my precious neice and nephew. But, I know that Jesus loved all the sinners. He spent time showing them His love and that is how He drew them to Himself. Not with threats and accusations. The Bible tells me to be like Jesus. So I am trying.

blackdog4302
    Participant

What you say is true, only those who resemble Christ can enter Heaven. God’s friend should read “God’s Called Ones” chapter 8. Even the Church of God disaproves of your actions. It’s only right that you apologize.

genny
    Participant

Nice to meet you Blackdog. Glad you are here. Can you share a little of your story so I can get to know you better?

Azula
    Participant

OMG! Blackdog is a troll from the cult

lol!

blackdog4302
    Participant

I’m not a troll. I will be leaving this site though. We aren’t a cult. I said a few things that were wrong and I apologize if anyone saw it.

genny
    Participant

Why are you leaving blackdog? I was hoping to have some good conversations with you. You can always PM me if you are willing to have a conversation but don’t want it in public.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.