An appeal … Please protect the quality of our forum

• Creator
    Topic
    genny
    Participant

Hi all.  I'd like to make an appeal to everyone — please watch your language and quit with the swearing.

I know that emotions can be intense, but the foul language (all the f-words, b-words, sh**, a**, you know…), not only is it against forum rules but it brings down the overall quality of the forum and turn many people off from the point that you're trying to get across.

Our admin is obviously very busy lately to try to catch and moderate them all, but please be kind and moderate yourselves.  Don't use profanity and wait to see if the admin will catch it and edit it out.  Be kind and just control yourself, please.  You can even be a blessing to the admin by going back to your own posts and editing it yourself–make less work for him, give him a break.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's day, but it's coming from more and more people lately, and I just felt the need to say something before it gets any worse.  Just because the admin hasn't had the time to catch all the profanity lately, doesn't mean it's allowed and we can all start swearing.

Honestly, as I wander around the internet, when I come across forums and posts with such profanity, I don't even care to read it.  And we don't want that reaction from people reading our forum do we?

I care about you all, so please don't take this as a personal criticism.  Please let's help each other out and do our own part to keep up the quality of our forum.  Thank you.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.