All Worldly Enjoyment is the Highway to He/ll

• Creator
    Topic
    Love'n Honey
    Participant

My coworker (Bobby) was telling me yesterday that he knew a brother in San Diego (Steve) who was basically the video game guru. He absolutely loved and enjoyed video games. Not just playing but also talking about them. He was a gamer at heart. Bobby noticed that after Steve joined the WMSCOG he gave away all his games and consoles. He said when Steve started to talk about games (as a member) he would light up. When he realized what he was talking about he would shamefully walk away. At the time Bobby didn't understand why he did that but after I (Ms. Sofat) started telling him about how the members change after joining the church, he said it all started making sense. I'm guilty of doing something similar. I gave away all my Christmas and Halloween decor, threw out all my movies, music, and clothes that revealed "too much". I was told directly to rid my life of these things in order to enter Heaven so it's safe to presume Steve was given that direction as well being that he was in San Diego like I was.

My question for the current members is: How does a "worldly" pleasure such as video games, dancing, movies, etc. compromise your salvation?

My question for ex-members and the friends and family of current members is: Can you relate?

Smurf
    Participant

Hhahaha. No need for teachers, dear WMS brothers and sisters, here we give free lessons!!

Are you tired of missionaries taking your hard earned money for mediocre english classes?

Well, look no further!

We have the best interactive program on the market! This is a deal you simply cannot overlook!

We make learning foreing languages for the purpose of extorting money from innocent people a fun experience!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKjaFG4YN6g

Sarah2013
    Participant

In order to control its followers, they must restrict them from a lot of things. I'm guessing without brainwashing first, one cannot be controlled. What really baffles me is some of the current members who now know Ahang and Zhang are not gods yet continue to go there. I just don't get it.

MountainMom
    Participant

If they have been there a long time and have friends, family in there, I understand how hard it is to leave.  Also, how hard it is to give up something that has become a conditioned way of thinking and living.  In some cases, they would be leaving what they think is a safe and secure place, albeit it artificial.  And then they would also have to admit they were duped.  Tough to face all at once.  They have to leave a little bit at a time, the same way they came in, I guess.  Someone said,"They studied their way in, and now they have to study their way out."

Sarah2013
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

If they have been there a long time and have friends, family in there, I understand how hard it is to leave.  Also, how hard it is to give up something that has become a conditioned way of thinking and living.  In some cases, they would be leaving what they think is a safe and secure place, albeit it artificial.  And then they would also have to admit they were duped.  Tough to face all at once.  They have to leave a little bit at a time, the same way they came in, I guess.  Someone said,"They studied their way in, and now they have to study their way out."

I understand your point. Personally I  won't be able to hang around any longer. Once I see it's fake, I'm out. I'd be too scared to hang around. I'm really referring to the ones that know what's really up, not the ones still trying to decide if the church is true or false. It's like inadvertently eating fe/ces daily cause it's been mixed with the food and someone brings it to ones attention and they still continue to eat it.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

I know I jumped right in. I also jumped right out. Lol. So.. perhaps there's truth in that. Leave as you came..

Sarah2013 wrote:

In order to control its followers, they must restrict them from a lot of things. I'm guessing without brainwashing first, one cannot be controlled. What really baffles me is some of the current members who now know Ahang and Zhang are not gods yet continue to go there. I just don't get it.

I don't get it either but I can accept it. I don't know if I'll ever understand why anyone would choose to be lied to over being free to live your life.

admin
    Keymaster

Jesus of Nazareth
    Participant

2 Hoes Ink wrote:

Who missed this ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEPmA3USJdI 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPRdfhkonJI 

(((Stained))) perched on high, is looking down on this wonderful post and smiling from ear to ear.  Bless'ed art thou 2 Hoes.

Viewing 7 replies - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.