AhnSahnHong was 31/32 years old when he was baptized

• Creator
    Topic
    charcoa1
    Participant

I’m a college student who was approached by a student attending the WMSCOG a year ago and am still meeting with him weekly. We have discussed a wide variety of topics. I’m thankful for both this website and Genny’s blog for the useful resources and information.
    Last week we discussed the 40 year reign. The WMSCOG says “Jesus was to come to this earth a second time and be baptized at the age of 30 and preach the gospel for 37 years so that He could fulfill the prophecy about the throne of David the 40 years of reign” (http://english.watv.org/truth/sermon/content.asp?idx=1433). I had mentioned the research Genny had done, showing AhnSahngHong (ASH)’s ministry was only 36 years, not 37. His response was “it’s believed Jesus had a 3 and a half year ministry, so it still works”. I looked into it further.
    As shown on his tombstone, ASH was born on Jan. 13, 1918 and died on February 25, 1985. He was also baptized (according to the NCPCOG) on December 16, 1948. Dates are based on the Gregorian calendar. I know other years for his baptism/start of his ministry have been proposed to disprove ASH, but for the sake of argument, I will use Dec. 1948. Counting as we do today, this is 36 years, 2 months, 9 days.
    However, since the WMSCOG likes to go by the sacred calendar, we should use it instead. The new year starts on Nisan 1, which falls on March/April. Years are also counted inclusively. This is shown by 2 Kings 24:12, where the king of Babylon took king Jehoiachin in eighth year of his reign, but Babylonian tablet BM 21946 says it was in the seventh year. This is because the Babylonians counted non inclusively (first year as 0), while the Jews counted inclusively (first year as 1). The Jews also counted partial days/months/years as a whole, as shown in the Talmud (Pesachim 4a:2).
    While Genny has shown AHS technically only had a ministry of a little over 36 years, this becomes 37 under the sacred calendar. However, the age at which he was baptized changes as well. Jan. 13 1918 is 27 Tevet 5678, where he is 1 year old, and December 16 1948 is 14 Kislev 5709, approximately one month before his 32nd birthday, making ASH 31/32 at his baptism. If it is truly prophecy for the Second Coming Christ to be baptized at 30 years old according to David’s reign, ASH cannot be him.

genny
    Participant

Good point, charcoa1.

I also find it interesting that they celebrate Ahn’s birthday yearly according to the Korean lunar calendar (same as Chinese calendar) rather than the sacred calendar. I would call this following traditions of man (Korean culture) rather than God (sacred calendar), and an example of not keeping to their own teachings.

GODS friend
    Participant

HOW. LONG. HAVE. YOU. DEVILS. BEEN. ATTACKING. THE. CHURCH. GIVE. UP
    YOU. HAVE. NO. HOPE. WE. WILL. SHINE. FOREVER. IN. HEAVEN. WHILE. YOU. SLEEP. IN. ETERNAL. FIRE. YOU
    INTER NET. TROLL. BASTARRDS

GODS friend
    Participant

UNTOUCHABLE. J. YOU WILL DIE. WHITE. BOY

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.