Ahnsahnghong Travels to China?

• Creator
    Topic
    Emily
    Participant

Shimon,

I've heard members talk about a video that the wmscog is showing its members where Ahn is said to have traveled on a train to China and was never heard from again.  Have you seen this video?  Has anyone else seen this video?

Simon
    Participant

Ahnsahnghong never went, to, china

Simon
    Participant

They don’t say he went

Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

Who really cares???? The point is that Mr. Ahn started his own "brand" of religion after leaving the 7th Day Adventist Church that he came from.  His "brand" eventually led to the formulation of WMSCOG.  It is difficult to believe that WMSCOG has established much of a presence in Red China ….. not much money there anyway.  Best to expand in the USA (like their inspiration, Rev Sun Myung Moon).  That's were you can REALLY make money …. Big Shine Worldwide, Inc et al ……

Simon
    Participant

they are in china

WHOAMI
    Participant

loocpoc wrote:

shimon wrote:

They don't say he went

But if they are speaking metaphorically saying he took a train to China to preach when in reality he passed away, maybe Im just to American but wouldnt it be easier to say he passed away?

i was told he physically went to China, and risked his life going to a country that forbid preaching, and that he suffered, going hungry…only ate noodles.  He went preaching door to door seeking the lost children.

it's unbelievable how all the churches teach so differently.  to their convience it's spiritual or physcial!

Emily
    Participant

Has anyone done any research on this?  Were there even any trains to China around the time Ahn was said to have traveled there?  

Simon
    Participant

We can take it two ways if we want to take it as a literal or semi literal account

He could take a train through NK (not sure if that is possible)

Or he could be taking a tain to the coast so he can take a boat to china 

(I believe Souel and Busan, where he's likely leave from, are both landlocked cities)

Simon
    Participant

The biggest problem with taking it literally is he says he is going on the 25th of this month and the narration talks about him preparing to go to Heaven, and he died on February 25th so it all fits a lot better that way. but who knows what they tried to teach originally.

Emily
    Participant

So Shimon, why then would they say that he took a train to China?  Wouldn't it have been more accurate if hypothesis was true, to say that he took a boat to China.  The train in essence is irrelevant since it didn't really get him there.  Just trying to think through this.  

There's my mind getting in the way of my faith again lol.

Simon
    Participant

they don’t actually say in the video that the train is taking him to china is it only a departing scene between ahn “mother” and pastor

donttrustzang
    Participant

it was deff a metaphor. it was at the end of the film where he supposedly leaves everything with mother and general pastor.. but what doesnt make sense is how the ncpcog has ALL of his writings and even his voice sermons…  im sure if they "stole" them, the wmscog would have sued by now lol but yea china departure was just to show he was leaving us and putting mother in charge now.

Simon
    Participant

COGJW NCPCOG and WMSCOG all three of them have ALL of his writtings and even his voice sermons. I am betting he hand wrote many copies of his works, he couldn't exactly go down to the local copy place and get xeroxes made. 

donttrustzang
    Participant

shimon wrote:

COGJW NCPCOG and WMSCOG all three of them have ALL of his writtings and even his voice sermons. I am betting he hand wrote many copies of his works, he couldn't exactly go down to the local copy place and get xeroxes made. 

whats cogjw??  i know the pastor at the church i attended had a copy of "problems with new jerusalem" but it wasnt mass produced

Simon
    Participant

Church of God Jesus Witness (cogjw.org)

donttrustzang
    Participant

shimon wrote:

Church of God Jesus Witness (cogjw.org)

WUHHH : O   thank you… u know any history behind this one???

Simon
    Participant

No, I cannot read Korean and google translate isn't working right for me lately. 

Viewing 16 replies - 21 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.