36 year ministry?

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Hi, I was hoping someone who could read Korean could help me out here and confirm the month Ahn was baptised? It apparently says on the ncpcog website somewhere. The website I got this information from is here: http://encountering-ahnsahnghong.blogspot.co.uk/2011/12/ahnsahnghongs-birthday-baptism-and.html

Interestingly, the exact month is very difficult to find anywhere- and is suspiciously not even mentioned on the official english.watv.org website! They list only the year of things such as Ahn’s birth, baptism, death etc but not the month (the month of everything else far more trivial, such as a new church being established in a random place has the month, why not Ahn’s baptism!)

Now, this is an important piece of information because if it really does say on the ncpcog website Ahn was baptised Dec. 16, 1948 and died Feb. 25, 1985, then this leaves a ministry of 36 years, 2 months, 9 days. Not 37 years!

To quote from the website I sourced this from “We know they mean the Gregorian Dec. 16, and not the lunar 12th month, 16th day, because that would be January 26 [for his baptism]. Jan. 26, 1948 would be too early because Israel did not declare independence until May 14, 1948.”

genny
    Participant

But we can't expect Jan 13, 1918 and Dec. 25, 2011 to be the same day on the Hebrew calendar just because they are the same day on the Asian lunar calendar.

Simon
    Participant

Just checked karaite calendar it was 9/29 (agreeing with pharisee calendar) in 2011 can't find a karaite resource for 1918 though

Simon
    Participant

genny wrote:

But we can't expect Jan 13, 1918 and Dec. 25, 2011 to be the same day on the Hebrew calendar just because they are the same day on the Asian lunar calendar.

of course not the hebrew calendar resets itself for season asian doesn't

just put both for curiosity

Sarah2013
    Participant

Though I won’t use the same words but I agree with JN on this one. I really don’t care his age or when he was born because of all the deception involved. However, I do understand one must delve deeper to prove to the naive or vulnerable that he is far from God. So be cool, JN. All is good.

genny
    Participant

Simon wrote:

genny wrote:

of course not the hebrew calendar resets itself for season asian doesn't

just put both for curiosity

Asian calendar does have periodic leap months, but they repeat the 4th month instead of the 12th month.

I think Renita did this already, but I thought I'd look it up too for curiosity…

Jan. 13, 1918 = 29 Tevet 5678

Dec. 16, 1948 = 14 Kislev 5709

Feb. 25, 1985 = 4 Adar 5745

Birth to Baptism = 30 years, 11 months, 15 days

Baptism to Death = 36 years, 2 months, 20 days

according to the Rabbinic Hebrew calendar, which the wmscog doesn't accept anyways, but it would get them slightly closer to the 37 years.

I'm curious about what Renita said about the wmscog claiming Jesus was born on Passover.  Can you explain that a little more, Renita?

Simon
    Participant

the chinese leap year is different from the hebrew by biblical rules it isn’t predictable but the first month can only be in spring and pharisee rules are convoluted chinese january.february a leap year every 3

Jesus of Nazareth
    Participant

Dvc wrote:

The 2 million registered members give ‘a Rats Ass’.

This site shows he was born on the 1st Dec as you said, Renita: http://zionusa.org/tag/december-25/ so 25 Dec 2011 was not an anniversary.

If you can show people when he was born and baptised you can prove he fell short of the prophecies. I thought that was obvious.

Don't dignify ridiculousness with comment.      

Simon
    Participant

Ok abandon the website then

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Concerning Jesus being born on the PO.. The WMSCOG says that Jesus fulfills the lamb perfectly. The physical lamb that was to be sacrificed as the PO lamb had to be a year old without defect making the 14th day, 1st month the day the lamb was born. Because Jesus fulfills the lamb perfectly, He too must have been born on the day of the PO.

Ex 12:3-5 says when they pick the lamb on the 10th day of the 1st month the lamb must be a year old. So, according to the concept of the WMSCOG, Jesus' birthday actually should be the 10th day of the 1st month verses PO day.

emil
    Participant

Is that what the wmscog teaches about the lamb?

Simon has already said this once. The bible says the lamb must be less than a year old. So we cannot use this to fix Jesus' birth date.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

The bible says the lamb must be a year old male without defect. What verse says it must be less than a year old? Ex 12:5

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Also, someone from FB says that Jesus preached 3.5 years before he died. He's a current member of the WMSCOG. Being that He died the night after the PO, His birthday couldn't possibly be on the PO or anywhere near it.

Simon
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

The bible says the lamb must be a year old male without defect. What verse says it must be less than a year old? Ex 12:5

The verse you cite is a poor translation 🙂

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Lev 9:3 This one, too?

emil
    Participant

Some translations say "a male of the first year"

Also it is hardly possible for everyone to have a lamb that is exactly one year old on that day so I believe the 1 year is only indicative.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I don't think so at all. I think it was impossible to have enough lambs, bulls, goats, etc. in perfect order for the cleansing of sins plus the feast sacrifices and the Sabbath and 3rd day sacrifices. Isn't there a verse talking about how difficult or impossible it was for the people to uphold the OT Law? If not then it must just be a memory of what a member told me. But from looking at the Law alone, the life of  Jew had to have been strenuous*. Always preparing for the next sacrifice while keeping up with the current flock to make sure they are without blemish and stuff. Even though it would have been very difficult to have a lamb exactly a year old on the day it was to be sacrificed it was still difficult to keep up with all the sacrifices and burnt offerings and such. Add the impossible on top of the impossible.

Simon
    Participant

Did you know there are more sheep in the world than humans?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Did you know most of those sheep have mental disorders?

Simon
    Participant

God only said they couldn't have physical defect they couldn't psychologically examine sheep in those days 

Love'n Honey
    Participant

It doesn't say that..

Viewing 20 replies - 21 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.