36 year ministry?

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Hi, I was hoping someone who could read Korean could help me out here and confirm the month Ahn was baptised? It apparently says on the ncpcog website somewhere. The website I got this information from is here: http://encountering-ahnsahnghong.blogspot.co.uk/2011/12/ahnsahnghongs-birthday-baptism-and.html

Interestingly, the exact month is very difficult to find anywhere- and is suspiciously not even mentioned on the official english.watv.org website! They list only the year of things such as Ahn’s birth, baptism, death etc but not the month (the month of everything else far more trivial, such as a new church being established in a random place has the month, why not Ahn’s baptism!)

Now, this is an important piece of information because if it really does say on the ncpcog website Ahn was baptised Dec. 16, 1948 and died Feb. 25, 1985, then this leaves a ministry of 36 years, 2 months, 9 days. Not 37 years!

To quote from the website I sourced this from โ€œWe know they mean the Gregorian Dec. 16, and not the lunar 12th month, 16th day, because that would be January 26 [for his baptism]. Jan. 26, 1948 would be too early because Israel did not declare independence until May 14, 1948.โ€

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Check out my video about it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnQkDzxEhkY

Have you used google translate? If it says Dec 16th, that's still too early because he didn't turn 30 until Dec 27th 1948.

Anonymous

Thanks, the video helps a lot. Unfortunately I couldn’t use google translate because the ncpcog website was created using something like Flash – it’s like trying to translate a picture!

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Yea, I went to the site and realized that. The Korean word for baptism and christening is used in the sentence next to the 1948 date. I added it to my group on FB. If you haven't checked it out already, you should. If you don't mind, I would appreciate it if you would join the group. But I understand completely if you don't want to. I've commented on their YT videos asking them to upload a version of their videos with english subtitles. YT sucks at translating. Lol. It's so odd though.. I never see Koreans here. I never knew about Korea[ns] until I went to the WMSCOG. I used to see so many of them while I was a member. But now, I don't see any of them. If I run into one, I'll ask him/her what it says. =)

Anonymous

Just had a look – if that is the date of Ahn’s baptism then he was 29 years old! It makes it ever more confusing when things like Wikipedia says he was born on January 13 1918 – this is the 1st day of the 12th lunar month of that year. This makes sense when you look at the article the wms released celebrating Ahn’s birthday on 25 Dec 2011 (also 1st day of 12th lunar month). It definitely says on the tombstone he was born Dec 1st? They can’t both be right but It doesn’t change much either way:

Born Dec 1 1918

Baptised Dec 16 1948 (29 yrs old)

Died Feb 25 1985 (36 yr ministry)

Born Jan 13 1918

Baptised Dec 16 1948 (30 yrs old)

Died Feb 25 1985 (36 yr ministry)

It would only work if he was baptised in Jan or Feb 1948.

Thanks, I may join the group at some point or may just stay annonymous ๐Ÿ™‚ Haha I know what you mean, most of the members I knew were Korean too!

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Actually, the 12th month of the lunar calendar is Adar. Dec. 1, 1918 was the 27th of Kislev which is the 9th month of the lunar calendar. The date Wiki gives is in the 10th month, Tevet. Where does the WMSCOG say specifically 1st day, 12th month? That's February 13, 1918..

Anonymous

Boy, now I’m confused! It doesn’t say anywhere that he was born on that day or month but from using this: http://www.hko.gov.hk/gts/time/conversion.htm and then looking up his anniversary of his birth on 25th dec 2011 it says he was born on the 1st day of the 12th month. The chart then shows that this day correlates to 13th Jan 1918.

Jesus of Nazareth
    Participant

Seriously, who gives a Rats Ass when he was born or Baptised ?   

Anonymous

The 2 million registered members give โ€˜a Rats Assโ€™.

This site shows he was born on the 1st Dec as you said, Renita: http://zionusa.org/tag/december-25/ so 25 Dec 2011 was not an anniversary.

If you can show people when he was born and baptised you can prove he fell short of the prophecies. I thought that was obvious.

Jesus of Nazareth
    Participant

Go'lo fedo'ree'cha

Love'n Honey
    Participant

He was born on Dec 1st… and Dec 25th was the anniversary of his birth. The WMSCOG uses the lunar calendar to keep track of any of their dates which is why every year it's different. And it doesn't say 1st day 12th month. It says Dec 1st. Even if it did, they were referring to the gregorian calendar.

Don't pay that Jesus imposter any mind. S/He is normally fairly rude.

Simon
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

Actually, the 12th month of the lunar calendar is Adar. Dec. 1, 1918 was the 27th of Kislev which is the 9th month of the lunar calendar. The date Wiki gives is in the 10th month, Tevet. Where does the WMSCOG say specifically 1st day, 12th month? That's February 13, 1918..

They use the Chinese Lunar Calendar not the Biblical Lunar Calendar for ASH's birth this is why they say the wrong month number by the Hebrew Calendar.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

That doesn't make sense Shimon.. because Dec 1st 1918 & 25 Dec 2011 are the same day in the Heb cal..

Simon
    Participant

genny
    Participant

Dvc wrote:

Hi, I was hoping someone who could read Korean could help me out here and confirm the month Ahn was baptised? It apparently says on the ncpcog website somewhere. The website I got this information from is here: http://encountering-ahnsahnghong.blogspot.co.uk/2011/12/ahnsahnghongs-birthday-baptism-and.html

Hi Dvc.  That was my website. ๐Ÿ™‚  Glad you found it.

There are a few difficulties when trying to work with these calendars.

For one, when they say Ahn was born on "Dec. 1" it's really a mistranslation.  It's the 1st day of the 12th month on the Chinese (Asian) lunar calendar, but when you try to put that into an automatic translator it tells us Dec. 1, because in English our twelf month is called December.  It was pretty confusing for me until I realized the translation mistake.  The correct birthdate according to the Gregorian calendar is Jan. 13, 1918.

Another thing is that the Asian lunar calendar and the Hebrew lunar calendar start their first month in different months.  The Asian around February and the Jewish around March/April.  So 1st day 12th month is not the same for each.

Also, I haven't done any of this figuring with the Hebrew calendar because I didn't think the wmscog would recognize it as valid, since they say the Jews haven't kept their own calendar right.  (Even though sometimes wmscog feast dates do match up with Jewish feast dates.)

But if you did, you'd need to convert these dates:

Jan. 13, 1918 (birth)

Dec. 16, 1948 (baptism)

Feb. 25, 1985 (death)

In both Asian lunar and Gregorian figuring he was 30 at baptism (but almost 31), and preached for just over 36 years (not really enough to round to 37).

Simon
    Participant

He was born January 13 1918  not Decemer 1 1918

Simon
    Participant

turns out Dec 25 2012 was 11/13/4710 Chinese  so we still have a problem http://www.prokerala.com/general/calendar/chinesecalendar.php?month=12&year=2012&sb=1&lang=en

genny
    Participant

Wasn't it in 2011 when they celebrated on Dec. 25?

Simon
    Participant

And if we go by the Hebrew

13 January 1918 = <strong style=”font-weight: bold; “>29th of Tevet, 5678

Tue, 25 December 2012 = <strong style=”font-weight: bold; “>12th of Tevet, 5773

so if they are using a consistent calendar it isn't chiene or hebrew

Simon
    Participant

genny wrote:

Wasn't it in 2011 when they celebrated on Dec. 25?

doh! you're right HAHA

12/1/4709 and 29th of Kislev, 5772

Simon
    Participant

I was thinking last one and I left in 2012 (just forgot I left before not after ๐Ÿ™‚ )

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.