144k?

• Creator
    Topic
    Lovesjesus
    Participant

How can a cult that has far more than 144k people successfully recruit anyone when they teach only 144k will make it to heaven. Or do I have that wrong?

And, it is SO clearly works based, I don’t understand how any member can’t see that! So frustrating…:(

Joshua
    Participant

They count the rest of them as, “The Great Multitude”. Just another miss interpretation by the WMS!

Lovesjesus
    Participant

Why is my sister afraid that she won’t make it to heaven if there is a Great Multitude that no one can number??

marky
    Participant

I am a former member, how it was explained to me was that 144k would be raised to heaven painlessly. This referred only to the “most loyal” or “best children”, but its considered only a goal. Everyone hoped they would be one of the 144k but the thought was just by following the teachings you would still enter heaven when you die anyway, you just have to die to get there. Their goal is to please “mother” by converting everyone in the world to the “truth”. So in theory if everyone in the world was part of WMSCOG and followed the teachings then 144k would be risen to heaven (painlessly) as soon as mother leaves earth and the remaining people would go to heaven when they die. Thats how it was explained to me.

genny
    Participant

Here’s where an inconsistency in the wmscog is most plain.

They claim that taking the Passover will protect members from disaster. They publicize testimonies from people who say that the Passover saved them from death by accident, earthquake, fire, attack, and more. I was personally told that wmscog members do not die because they are protected by the Passover.

At the same time, Ahnsahnghong wrote that 144,000 is a literal number of those who would go to heaven alive, and that those churches are wrong who claim it is a figurative number because their membership is much larger. Yes, there will be a great multitude in heaven, but they get there by dying. Only the 144,000 go to heave alive.

The wmscog claims 2+ million members. They tell those members that the Passover saves them from death.

Ahnsahnghong said that only 144,000 will go to heaven alive.

What happens to the extra people who do not die (because the have taken the Passover), but they also do not go to heaven alive (they are not one of the special 144,000)?

This question has not been answered for me yet. Do any current members reading want to offer an answer?

bentovo
    Participant

The wmscog claims 2+ million members. They tell those members that the Passover saves them from death.

Ahnsahnghong said that only 144,000 will go to heaven alive.

What happens to the extra people who do not die (because the have taken the Passover), but they also do not go to heaven alive (they are not one of the special 144,000)?

This question has not been answered for me yet. Do any current members reading want to offer an answer?

Yes, Ahnsahghong taught that the 144,000 was a literal number.

Heavenly Mother and The Rest of Woman’s offspring

genny
    Participant

Yes, Ahnsahnghong taught that the 144,000 was a literal number.

Yes, he did, which is why there is a problem for the wmscog. What about all the rest?

MountainMom
    Participant

Bump.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.