"The True WMSCOG" on The WMSCOG's Failed Doomsday Predictions

Participant

"That's been my question since I 1st studied at the WMSCOG! If He paid for our sins, then why do we still worry about sinning? If He took away the sin of the earth, then why are we still sinning?"

That is a very good question.

What kind of events or prophecies need to be fulfilled over 2,000 years?

Why does Father delay in coming even today?

What is the significance of us now existing 2,000 years after the death of Christ?

Was he a false messiah, why does it take him 2,000 years to come?

In reality, the bible spells out that there is a 1,000+ year time period of spiritual opression which must happen before the end. The bible spells out that Zion has to be rebuilt before the end. In very specific terms it says explicitely that God will rebuild Zion and appear according to psalms.

There are lots and LOTS of things that need to happen before the end, now we are at the end of the 2,000 years and we can see the fulfillment of the final prophecies in theese last years, or as the bible says "last days".

But for those who do not believe in the prophecies, who cannot recognize when Jerusalem comes down to earth, they can only sit and speculate "why 2,000 years? this makes no sense?! Why is there still sin?" until the final day and then they will be destroyed.

We should not be such people who hold the prophecies in contempt, the more that you insist that theese events do not have to happen in our time period, the more you undermine the purpose behind Jesus waiting 2,000 years to come. It neglects that the place with no more death or mourning is heaven, and passover is our ticket into heaven and out of this sinful eath.

You throw out all the prophecies and then you wonder "WHY?!" Well there is your answer, you disregarded the prophecies.

Simon
    Participant

That was a long empty speech

Participant

Hal

Wow! Then your God has been inactive for actually 2,500 years?

I would be very concerned that there have been no more miracles or prophets or prophetical events since then.

Didn't you guys rise and fall according to the word of God?

Didn't you guys fall away from the truth every 100 years and worship God incorrectly?

Man it sure would suck if the reason why no Jewish miracles or prophetical events have happened in 2,000 years is because 2,000 years ago they made some kind of mistake and God is no longer with them.

Simon,

The answers to all of your questions involve this community's contempt of the prophecies.

Participant

Do you all see your confusion?  Do you see it?  Well we see it.  That's why we are in Zion and you all are here.  Confusion.  Nothing but confusion.  144000 this is what I'm talking about.  No matter what we say, they will just be utterly confused.  

Disturbed, you are wrong yet again.

Participant

Truly I and all the brothers and sisters see what 1004 is saying. Because all of our stories match.

The same cannot be said for the "failed doomsday" propoganda.

emil
    Participant

144000 wrote:

"That's been my question since I 1st studied at the WMSCOG! If He paid for our sins, then why do we still worry about sinning? If He took away the sin of the earth, then why are we still sinning?"

That is a very good question.

What kind of events or prophecies need to be fulfilled over 2,000 years?

Why does Father delay in coming even today?

What is the significance of us now existing 2,000 years after the death of Christ?

Was he a false messiah, why does it take him 2,000 years to come?

Simon already said what I wanted to say. A long and empty speech. This part of your answer is also funny. You say why does Father delay in coming. Yet you guys claim that he already came. And it is well known that he died and is buried and remains so.

As far as all your stories matching, you are the only one who tries to respond, even logically at times. The others just shoot from the hip without actually touching upon the point of the discussion. They don't have a story to match.

Disturbed
    Participant

1004 wrote:

Do you all see your confusion?  Do you see it?  Well we see it.  That's why we are in Zion and you all are here.  Confusion.  Nothing but confusion.  144000 this is what I'm talking about.  No matter what we say, they will just be utterly confused.  

Disturbed, you are wrong yet again.

Well then you're not teaching the pastors very well cause that's who gave me that tidbit of info. Incompetence in your own teachings! LOL

serg
    Participant

2012 was said to be the "prophetic year" where the "temple" would be complete. Pastor from the zion I attended went on through out the beginning of the year saying it was "a prophetic year". From then on some members began to say the temple would be complete. And now? they deny it. Never said it. I heard this repeatedly myself.

x wms brother
    Participant

It's pretty simple really, because if the temple is complete then why are they still trying to gather materials (more members) to build it. As far as I know, everyone is still celebrating the feasts leading to the feast of tabernacles. So what is the reason…another temple? What is the "work around"…mother prayed for more time?? Whether 2012 was to be the end of the world or just the completion of the temple it seems as though nothing really panned out. I might be wrong but it seems really straight forward.

x wms brother
    Participant

Here's a quick question too.  If the WMSCOG is preaching the completion of the temple in 2012 according to the prophecy, what happens this year at the feast of tabernacles.  Will they present themselves to thier god for the feast? The temple, supposedly has already been completed. 

Disturbed
    Participant

The new answer about the “next big thing” from WMSCOG

Habakkuk 2:2-3

The Lord’s Answer

2 Then the Lord replied:

“Write down the revelation

and make it plain on tablets

so that a herald may run with it.

3 For the revelation awaits an appointed time;

it speaks of the end

and will not prove false.

Though it linger, wait for it;

it[c] will certainly come

and will not delay.

Simon
    Participant

I remember that verse from something I forget where

Simon
    Participant

Disturbed wrote:

The new answer about the "next big thing" from WMSCOG

Habakkuk 2:2-3

The Lord’s Answer

2 Then the Lord replied:

“Write down the revelation

and make it plain on tablets

so that a herald may run with it.

3 For the revelation awaits an appointed time;

it speaks of the end

and will not prove false.

Though it linger, wait for it;

it[c] will certainly come

and will not delay.

Hal wrote:

There is no such beast or wording of a revelation in the ancient Hebrew scripture…Just some FYI… 

2 And the LORD answered me, and said: 'Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that a man may read it swiftly.  

ב  וַיַּעֲנֵנִי יְהוָה, וַיֹּאמֶר, כְּתֹב חָזוֹן, וּבָאֵר עַל-הַלֻּחוֹת–לְמַעַן יָרוּץ, קוֹרֵא בוֹ.  

3 For the vision is yet for the appointed time, and it declareth of the end, and doth not lie; though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not delay.'  

ג  כִּי עוֹד חָזוֹן לַמּוֹעֵד, וְיָפֵחַ לַקֵּץ וְלֹא יְכַזֵּב; אִם-יִתְמַהְמָהּ, חַכֵּה-לוֹ–כִּי-בֹא יָבֹא, לֹא יְאַחֵר.  

By reading it, it talks of the destruction of the Temple and the idolatrous ways which were leading up to the Babylonian exile.

Not sure I see a difference

Questioninginla
    Participant

The forums and YouTube are ripe with current members being adamant about Ron, Diane, and even Tim lying about end of the world predictions.

Let's place ourselves in the shoes of members that have been in for a decade.  One consistent theme has been the omniscent "end times". 

Now, I posit a thought: if one were to here "end times" ad nauseam for days….weeks………..months………………………………….YEARS……………….for a DECADE and then one hears how "special" the upcoming year is going to be, then it wouldn't really come as a surprise to me that these long term members would go "AHAH!" this is it!  Leadership has indicated that the end is for sure this time!

It would fall into the category of saying things without saying things.  It would be banal.

Disturbed
    Participant

The ENTIRE TIME I was a member, all we EVER talked about was last days and "father's" coming soon. That's how they keep you focused. The two key buzzwords in WMSCOG are father's coming and mother said.

The current members can call whoever they want liars…that doesnt make it so. Why is it that everyone that leaves has the same/similar stories?!

And the current members who are saying Ron, Diane and Tim are lying are probably members who joined anytime after 2005, which is after the time when the 2012 Prophecy was no longer being actively being preached. Dont call someone a liar when you dont know what happened before you joined.

Dont be a follower and believe only what someone tells you. Do your own investigation!

Participant

But Disturbed, I thought you said they were preaching the 2012 prophecy even from 2008 and 2010.

I thought newer members were making the claim that the 2012 prophecy was why they left.

Why now do you say people stopped preaching it in 2005?

When you stop changing your story, I'll stop calling people like you liars.

Disturbed
    Participant

Again…144,000 your reading comprehension is lacking. No wonder you're still in the cult…you dont know how to comprehend what you're reading. You will continue to accept the explanation of the false teaching no matter what because that's what your leader explained to you. You cant think for yourself. I'll continue to pray for you in the name of 1st Coming JESUS to help you be freed from captivity.

MountainMom
    Participant

144000 what about the member in the Chicago Zion who said right to me and others who wee witnesses that if the world didn’t end in 2012 that they should shut the doors of that church and put a padlock on them.

MountainMom
    Participant

He was and is a long time member. Makes no sense to anyone that he would say this if no one was saying this on a regular basis.

Participant

Oh, so your saying that it was preached by many people on a regular basis even after 2005 and until recently?

It seems like everybody in our church should know about it then. I wonder why everyone doesn't?

Oh wait, Disturbed says its because it wasn't preached after 2005.

So many conflicting stories, I wonder which one to believe?

I wonder if maybe, just maybe, 1.7 million members don't believe that 2012 "end of the world" was said because nobody was actually told that.

Oh no but clearly everybody was talking about it all the time, and were just covering it up!

But wait no they didn't not after 2005!

Lets take the word of a couple hundred confused people over the whole worldwide church membership, clearly they know more about the messages that were told to us than even us ourselves!

You guys should try to get your story straight, at least then your deceptions and misinterpretations wouldn't be so painfully obvious.

Viewing 20 replies - 61 through 80 (of 136 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.