Other members getting the "boot"

• Creator
    Topic
    Questioninginla
    Participant

Question to former members:

When you were in, and a member was given the official boot, or ostracized, did you:

Feel good about it, in the sense that you really were among the "chosen"?

Comments, please 🙂

Simon
    Participant

The first didn't happen in my zion people left of their own free will only (so far as I am aware)

The second wasn't some much ostradized but we were made terrified of them.

serg
    Participant

Well as for me, they told us to stay away from them and not keep contact with them. And I didn't feel too good.

MountainMom
    Participant

how did they do that?  I assume calling them "spiritually dead" or "Satan's children" or something.

serg
    Participant

They said they "fell away" and the things you said. They even called us at times to tell us who not to associate with anymore. I felt like I was spreading hatred instead of love to be honest.

MountainMom
    Participant

Well, of course you felt like that.  Anyone with empathy for others would feel that way.  What a thing to lay on your members. 

MountainMom
    Participant

Simon, what did they tell you?

Simon
    Participant

honestly I don't remember 

Simon
    Participant

honestly I don't remember 

MountainMom
    Participant

Something terrifying, and you don't remember?  Keep thinking, it will come back to you. 

MountainMom
    Participant

Something terrifying, and you don't remember?  Keep thinking, it will come back to you. 

Simon
    Participant

I think the fact is that they said so many things at so many times and referred around that they didn't have to directly say stuff when people left more just remind us of how scarey leaving "F&M" is

Simon
    Participant

I think the fact is that they said so many things at so many times and referred around that they didn't have to directly say stuff when people left more just remind us of how scarey leaving "F&M" is

MountainMom
    Participant

Ok, that makes sense.  Kind of like the study in the other post that questioninginla was talking about.  Rumor that everyone thinks is fact and serves as a means of control.

MountainMom
    Participant

Ok, that makes sense.  Kind of like the study in the other post that questioninginla was talking about.  Rumor that everyone thinks is fact and serves as a means of control.

Simon
    Participant

yeah rumours and vagueness and pushing on emotion rather than saying stuff

Simon
    Participant

yeah rumours and vagueness and pushing on emotion rather than saying stuff

Smurf
    Participant

I was the first to get out so I have no clue what the others were told, but from what I understand it was something along the lines of 'having little faith' and not the reason I gave them – that there's overwhelming evidence that they are in fact a nasty lying bunch of loonies.

Other than that everyone was on their best beheviour. All the time. Except for me. But they were quite patient, I'd say.

Smurf
    Participant

I was the first to get out so I have no clue what the others were told, but from what I understand it was something along the lines of 'having little faith' and not the reason I gave them – that there's overwhelming evidence that they are in fact a nasty lying bunch of loonies.

Other than that everyone was on their best beheviour. All the time. Except for me. But they were quite patient, I'd say.

anderson
    Participant

When I was in the WMSCOG, a high position woman left, no one talked about her.

I finally got out of the church, and I don't care about them something about me, but I have a friend there, and he often calls me to tell whats happening there.

anderson
    Participant

When I was in the WMSCOG, a high position woman left, no one talked about her.

I finally got out of the church, and I don't care about them something about me, but I have a friend there, and he often calls me to tell whats happening there.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.