Korean Harvest Festival

• Creator
    Topic
    KF
    Participant

Chairwoman Zahng Gil-jah delivered the words of encouragement, saying, “Welcome, our family members from abroad. I can guess how difficult it is for you to live in a foreign country, because many Korean people also went abroad to work two or three decades ago. Pick yourselves up though you have difficulties. There’s a Korean old saying about the time of Chuseok (which is Korean harvest festival and also called Hangawi): “No more or less, but just be like Hangawi.” It means that all is abundant at Hangawi. We have prepared songpyon a special rice cake for Chuseok, and other festive food for you. Enjoy the food and be healthy.”

http://weloveuzahnggiljah.blogspot.com/2012/05/intl-we-love-u-foundation-chairwoman.html 

Simon
    Participant

But since the moon is mother its ok. lol

KF
    Participant

Attention: The Unknown…1004…From the other side

Can anyone of you kindly explain this please!  you want us to hear you out, but you won't answer our questions.  One more time… I thought the wmscog was against man-made traditions , so what was mother god doing here.

http://weloveuzahnggiljah.blogspot.com/2012/05/intl-we-love-u-foundation-chairwoman.html  

Do not be cowards and face us with the truth to this matter.  You guys think if you don't answer it will go away, but that only makes you look like your hiding something, I'm pretty sure you have an explanation for this and I/we would like to hear it.  Thank you!

KF
    Participant

Attention: The Unknown…1004…From the other side

Can anyone of you kindly explain this please!  you want us to hear you out, but you won't answer our questions.  One more time… I thought the wmscog was against man-made traditions , so what was mother god doing here.

Do not be cowards and face us with the truth to this matter.  You guys think if you don't answer it will go away, but that only makes you look like your hiding something, I'm pretty sure you have an explanation for this and I/we would like to hear it.  Thank you!

The Unknown
    Participant

I responded to this garbage claim in The Real Question Forum. And you are all in error. WMSCOG is against Pagan festivals. Celebrating 4th of July or Mother’s Day or something of that nature is ok, it has nothing to do with religion and nobody puts Gods name on it. It is a Sin to put Gods name on a man made festival such as Xmas or Easter. Go to The Real Question Forum and prove my explanation to this nonsense and my answer to the original question in the forum wrong. Especially you Genny. Speak your business. I’ve been waiting on responses from you.

The Unknown
    Participant

I responded to this garbage claim in The Real Question Forum. And you are all in error. WMSCOG is against Pagan festivals. Celebrating 4th of July or Mother’s Day or something of that nature is ok, it has nothing to do with religion and nobody puts Gods name on it. It is a Sin to put Gods name on a man made festival such as Xmas or Easter. Go to The Real Question Forum and prove my explanation to this nonsense and my answer to the original question in the forum wrong. Especially you Genny. Speak your business. I’ve been waiting on responses from you.

Simon
    Participant

A pagan god's name IS on the harvest festival

Simon
    Participant

A pagan god's name IS on the harvest festival

Emily
    Participant

So wait…it is ok to celebrate the Korean version of Thanksgiving but not the American holiday?!!

When I was a member I was discouraged from celebrating Thanksgiving with my family because "we should give thanks every day" so there was no real point in celebrating a "man made tradition".  Then I was shown the verse about God hating man made traditions.  So what gives?

Maybe The Unknown can help clarify this contradiction for me.

Emily
    Participant

So wait…it is ok to celebrate the Korean version of Thanksgiving but not the American holiday?!!

When I was a member I was discouraged from celebrating Thanksgiving with my family because "we should give thanks every day" so there was no real point in celebrating a "man made tradition".  Then I was shown the verse about God hating man made traditions.  So what gives?

Maybe The Unknown can help clarify this contradiction for me.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Wiping your butt after you poop is a man made tradition. Should we stop doing that? [My pretend "member" counter arguement]

Love'n Honey
    Participant

GP described Chuseok as a worldly festival during a sermon on the Day of Atonement

http://usa.watv.org/news/content.asp?idx=310&menu=i

Disturbed
    Participant

Why do they run around there calling her chairwoman Zhang Gil jah?! Hey CEO Timothy Cook. Who addresses people by their business title? It’s not like she’s a leader of a country. She’s a false god LOL

Sarah2013
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

IT'S PAGAN!!!!!!!! It's traditions can be traced back to ancient religious practices that are centered around the moon.

http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_EN_3_6.jsp?cid=811650

I love it.. I know my joy is coming from an evil place but gosh darn it…… Chairwoman Zahng Gil Jah celebrated a pagan festival! How dare you "God"?!

Two thumbs up!

Love'n Honey
    Participant

http://usa.watv.org/news/content.asp?idx=862&menu=i

GP explains how eating hard boiled eggs on Easter is pagan and has its roots in worshipping Ester, a singular pagan goddness. According to what you say, GP has a misunderstanding of what pagan means.

When people prepare the hard boiled eggs and eat them on Easter, he said it's pagan because they did it for the purpose of celebrating Easter. Well, Zahng did the same thing with rice on Chuseok.

Sarah2013
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

http://usa.watv.org/news/content.asp?idx=862&menu=i

GP explains how eating hard boiled eggs on Easter is pagan and has its roots in worshipping Ester, a singular pagan goddness. According to what you say, GP has a misunderstanding of what pagan means.

When people prepare the hard boiled eggs and eat them on Easter, he said it's pagan because they did it for the purpose of celebrating Easter. Well, Zahng did the same thing with rice on Chuseok.

It's rice this time and not eggs. Lol…. 

Emily
    Participant

The GP warns people not to worship idols during that Korean Thanksgiving festival.  So that means it is pagan AND he knows it.  What a hypocrite!  The irony is overwhelming.  Maybe it's part of that "special means law" aka "zhang lets us contradict ourselves and it doesn't matter because we're the 'true church'".  LOL

Emily
    Participant

The GP warns people not to worship idols during that Korean Thanksgiving festival.  So that means it is pagan AND he knows it.  What a hypocrite!  The irony is overwhelming.  Maybe it's part of that "special means law" aka "zhang lets us contradict ourselves and it doesn't matter because we're the 'true church'".  LOL

Disturbed
    Participant

They were hoping by calling her chairwoman Zhang no one would find out

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Which is exactly my point. Personally, I don't think Zahng actually participated in real pagan worship with this Chuseok business because [due to lack of evidence] she didn't bow down to anything, worship anything, etc. Personally, eating boiled eggs on Easter isn't wrong and it isn't pagan because god isn't involved. I didn't pray to Ester when I ate the eggs.. And I'm pretty Zahng didn't pray to her ancestors while eating rice .

BUT the WMSCOG says that simply eating the eggs on Easter is pagan. Applying the same rules.. eating the traditional rice meals made for Chuseok on any of the 3 days of Chuseok is pagan as well since it dates back to worshipping the moon and ancestors. I think it's stupid! But the WMSCOG can't deny that Zahng broke the rules without also denying eating hard boiled eggs on Easter is pagan as well. You can't swing both ways.. that's for bisexuals.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Emily wrote:

Also, I noticed that this sermon was given before that article about Zahng keeping Chuseok was published.

Viewing 20 replies - 21 through 40 (of 144 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.