"IGNORANT and UNSTABLE people"

• Creator
    Topic
    admin
    Participant

This comment was originally posted in response to "Ahnsahnhong Predicted the End of the World in 2012" on 3/19/13.

Time says:

Why don't You translate the whole book? specially the preface where Christ Ahnsahnghong says that entering the Kingdom of Heaven does not depend on whether we know the date or not, but whether we keep God's commandments. 

You have to read the whole book, not just one chapter. 

Even if you read the same chapter, Christ Ahnsahnghong quotes Matthew 25 saying that the bridegroom will delay… Delay means that even though there is an appointed time, he will come later then the appointed time.

People did the same thing 2,000 years ago with the letters of Apostle Paul, and other scriptures. 

2 Peter 3:16… His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which IGNORANT and UNSTABLE people distort, as they do the other scriptures, to their own destruction.

Simon
    Participant

I before e except after c is a “rule” but it’s not applicable more than half the time. Prophecies and being were spelled.correctly renita was being silly stained was referring to the word thief

emil
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

They say the secrets of heaven are in the parables so they're prophecies not just stories.

You miss my point. I did not mean that they are just stories. In most of those parables, Jesus started by saying the Kingdom of heaven is like this. So those parables were actually metaphors or analogies if you prefer. They were told to help people understand the heavenly kingdom.

Perhaps I may understand your thinking if you can explain what exactly is your understanding of prophecies. No offense meant.

fromtheotherside
    Participant

For one example, the parable of the workers.  (don't qoute me on this I don't have a bible in front of me so the story line is wrong but pretty much you will understand my point)  Jesus says they're workers who come in the 1st hour and start to work in the field then and workers who come later in the 3rd hour and so on.  There are also workers who come and only work for a few hours.  At the end of the day they all go to get their pay, but surprisingly they are all payed the same amount.  So the ones who came earlier ask why are the we payed the same as the workers who came later? Now this is a parable, but it is supposed to happen, It is "discribing" the type of event that is supposed to happen. They are many christians and believers, but some start the work of the gospel later than others, but they will still recieve as much blessings.  This is an event that will take place a.k.a prophecy, likened to a story. Parables are not to just "describe" or paint a picture of heaven for you but to show you event's that will happen.  If Jesus said, "heaven is like the land of OZ, they're flying monkeys and and emerald city and ugly women with long noses"  If he said this then what emil believes would be correct.  But this is not the type of parables that Jesus gave us. His parables are more "event" oriented.  

emil
    Participant

Sorry I don't agree. The example you gave illustrates the methodology that is adopted by God.

There are many prophecies in the bible. The coming of Jesus, both first and second coming are prophecies. Jesus telling his disciples what was going to happen to him was a prophecy. His telling Peter he would deny him was a prophecy. Him stating that one of them would betray him was a prophecy. Those were specific events and not methodologies.

See being the Salt of the earth and being a light. They are analogies. So also the wise and foolish builders, the parable of the sower, mustard seed, etc. They are all teaching aids which he used to explain the concepts of God's kingdom. You want to call it prophecy? Go ahead. But in that case, you will have to also accept the word picture you have painted about the land of OZ as a prophecy.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

emil wrote:

renita.payno wrote:

They say the secrets of heaven are in the parables so they're prophecies not just stories.

You miss my point. I did not mean that they are just stories. In most of those parables, Jesus started by saying the Kingdom of heaven is like this. So those parables were actually metaphors or analogies if you prefer. They were told to help people understand the heavenly kingdom.

Perhaps I may understand your thinking if you can explain what exactly is your understanding of prophecies. No offense meant.

My thinking or their thinking? I did say, "THEY say the secrets of heaven are in the parables so they're prophecies not just stories." I don't know what I think so I can't help you understand what I think about the parables.

fromtheotherside
    Participant

Anyway you call it "methodology" it will still happen, as the bible states we will be rewarded according to our work. One day we will stand infront of God and recieve our reward.  For those who started late in the Gospel work or walk of Faith and worked harder or just as hard they will be rewarded because of their diligence as much as those who started early.  So calling it something different does not change the fact that it is an event that will happen.

emil
    Participant

The criminal law of my country says that if I comit a crime I will be prosecuted and go to jail. Would that be a prophecy according to your definition? Is my country's constitution full of prophecies? It tells you what will happen if I behave in a certain way, right?

I am genuinely trying to understand what is your understanding of prophecy.

fromtheotherside
    Participant

Two totaly different things, Law is "if", if you commit the crime that is what will happen.  On the other hand the parable I gave to you is "definite" for gods people.  Let me repeat myself again for you.  One day we will stand infront of God and recieve our reward.  For those who started late in the Gospel work or walk of Faith and worked harder or just as hard they will be rewarded because of their diligence as much as those who started early.  So calling it something different does not change the fact that it is an event that will happen.   Prophecy is telling of an event in advance, whether saying it outright for ex: You will win the lottery tomorrow or I can "liken it" to something, Emil, like a king who has lot's of money, there will be great joy.    "There will be" meaning in the future, just as Jesus ended a lot of his parables "there will be nashing grinding of teeth"  

emil
    Participant

OK Thanks.

What about the parables of the hidden treasure and the pearl in Mt 13? What about the parables of the lamp on a stand and the growing seed in Mark 4?

What events are these parable about?

Sarah2013
    Participant

Gnashing, you mean.

emil
    Participant

FTOS, I would like to ask if you have heard of the story of the grasshopper and the ant. It is a story about how the grasshopper enjoys himself all summer while the ant is busy building and stocking for winter. When the winter comes, the ant is prepared to survive, the grasshopper is not. Come winter and the grasshopper is dead. The ant meanwhile lives beyong winter.

I apply it to a student in school. The one who takes it easy the whole year has a hard time coping with the exams and fails to make the next grade. The one who works hard gains merit and can relax during the break between grades.

There is an event, the examinations (that's what we call them here) and the result depends on your conduct during the academic year. Is the story a prophecy of what will happen to the two students?

And please don't forget to give me your opinion on the other parables I mentioned.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

A prophecy, in the sense of the Scripture, is about a specific event with a specific person or group of persons in a specific place at a specific time in a specific way for a specific reason. That story with the grasshopper can be applied to anyone, anywhere at anytime so it's not a prophecy, it's a fable. Now, if it were about a specific grasshopper and a specific ant and it was told before the event actually happened and it was from God, then it would be a prophecy.

emil
    Participant

Exactly. Most of the parables teach us how we ought to think or behave. They are not about specific events or a specific person.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

But Jesus said the parables contain the knowledge of the secrets of heaven. The weeds and wheat are about the false churches and true church. What will happen after Jesus and His workers fall asleep. That's a prophecy but Jesus said it was a parable then He interpreted the parable which revealed that it was actually prophecy.

genny
    Participant

I think we can see that sometimes parables are metaphorical stories teaching us about the nature of God and faith and sometimes they are prophecies.  They are not always prophecies, and we also can't say that they are never prophecies.

In the class I teach at church, the children learn that "parables are stories about familiar things that help us understand spiritual truths."

Love'n Honey
    Participant

We know for sure the parable of the weeds and wheat is a prophecy because God interpreted it as a prophecy. That's the excuse the WMSCOG gives about why they say every other parable they teach as a prophecy is a prophecy because ASH is God and said they were.

emil
    Participant

I agree that some parables may be seen as prophecies. But that cannot be generalized. That is why I was asking about those specific ones which I named.

fromtheotherside
    Participant

Yea no one said all parables are prophecies, all I did was name a couple and said they were, I never said all parables.  But emil you did try to refute that none of the parables are prophecies, so you do agree now that some parables are prophecies correct?

Sarah2013
    Participant

Ahang never claimed to be God, Renita. I really don’t know where that came from. I need proof and facts that he said he was god because all points at the opposite.

emil
    Participant

fromtheotherside wrote:

Yea no one said all parables are prophecies, all I did was name a couple and said they were, I never said all parables.  But emil you did try to refute that none of the parables are prophecies, so you do agree now that some parables are prophecies correct?

Yes I agree that some of the parables may be seen as prophecies if you want to see them that way. However, this entire discussion has diverted from the original claim which you made. You stated that we should not cling to just the date but see Ahn's prophecies as a whole. To which I felt that every prophecy must actually take place if he is God. If enough prophecies are thrown around, probability itself will ensure some of them get fulfilled.

You then diverted the issue by putting words in my mouth about Jesus' prophecies when I was talking about the meterological department and statistical probability.

So let's get back to the original thought. What happens now that the temple is ready as of 2012?

Viewing 20 replies - 61 through 80 (of 108 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.