Passover communion east and west and Quartodecimanism

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Simon
    Participant

looks like cog is half right and half wrong . prior to nicea some churches kept Passover others Sundays for the bread and wine and until nicea they got on fine in full communion with each other. it appears John had a differing take from Peter and Paul but they were brothers who walked with Jesus just the same why can’t we do likewise?

Simon
    Participant

Only the pharisee cult uses Hillel's calendar

Simon
    Participant

It was invented for a reason it is just that when the reason went away minhag Yisrael torah hi took over

Love'n Honey
    Participant

emil wrote:

God gave a calendar to the Israelites in ancient times. The calendar was based on what they could observe in that phase of human evolution. I don't believe it was meant for all peoples everywhere for all time. Can one of you point out the scripture verses to support God giving us a calendar?

I don't think even the Jews use the barley harvest as a marker any more. If they did, it would have to be an event to be observed in a limited geographical area. Hillel II established a calendar in the 4th century based on mathematical and astronomical calculations which I believe is still in use.

Ex 12:2 God told them to start keeping track of the months and such.  He said it to the Isrealites so no, it's not for all people everywhere. It was meant for them. Through the examples of them keeping the laws involving the times no matter where they were proves that it was meant for them everywhere they went.

Just because you stop doing it doesn't mean it's no longer a requirement.

But like I said, clearly it's not important anymore according to Jesus and Ash.

ChurchDestroyer101
    Participant

Love'n Honey wrote:

Simon wrote:

That they don't line up the the solar year doesn't make using the solar year acceptable that is a pagan practice.

And God's calendar keeps the seasons in the same time every year as well it is a lunar/agricultural calendar and until Barley goes extinct which is very unlikely as it is one of the most resilliant plants in all of creation we should obey God rather than make up our own rules.

now if we want to use a solar calendar for entirely SECULAR purposes it is of no concequence.

-as long as you do it NOT in the name of God, he won't be angry to us? Then how do we keep him happy?

This, I totally agree with.

Emil-

I can understand if I went to China (or where ever a calendar is different) my birthday would appear to land on a different day every year. But if God instructed me to celebrate my birth on 14Nov every year, then that's what I'm going to do regardless of where I am. Arguing with God saying they don't use the same calendar is bold. Figure it out! Lol. So, I think the people who follow Jesus should calculate the celebratations according to whatever calendar Jesus used. Which one was that? Idk.. I would guess the Jewish calendar because he went to the temple during certain Feasts that were held according to that calendar.

But, Ash pretty much said it wasn't important and he's some sort of god, you know.

-seeing how ASH said this, it is actually important to keep the feast properly?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

ChurchDestroyer101 wrote:

Love'n Honey wrote:

Emil-

I can understand if I went to China (or where ever a calendar is different) my birthday would appear to land on a different day every year. But if God instructed me to celebrate my birth on 14Nov every year, then that's what I'm going to do regardless of where I am. Arguing with God saying they don't use the same calendar is bold. Figure it out! Lol. So, I think the people who follow Jesus should calculate the celebratations according to whatever calendar Jesus used. Which one was that? Idk.. I would guess the Jewish calendar because he went to the temple during certain Feasts that were held according to that calendar.

But, Ash pretty much said it wasn't important and he's some sort of god, you know.

I don't understand your question. Are you asking if it's important to keep the Feasts on particular days because Ash said it wasn't important?

ChurchDestroyer101
    Participant

Love'n Honey wrote:

Love'n Honey wrote:

Emil-

I don't understand your question. Are you asking if it's important to keep the Feasts on particular days because Ash said it wasn't important?

yes, seeing he's not god and all. the opposite must be true.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Love'n Honey wrote:

Oh, it was a joke, then. Because to take that literally (believe the opposite of what Ash said) would be silly. In that case, Jesus didn't die for our sins, there is no heaven, there is no God, etc. etc.

ChurchDestroyer101
    Participant

Love'n Honey wrote:

Love'n Honey wrote:

Oh, it was a joke, then. Because to take that literally (believe the opposite of what Ash said) would be silly. In that case, Jesus didn't die for our sins, there is no heaven, there is no God, etc. etc.

so you're saying that ASH is god? Also, I am asking if it's actually important to keep the feast properly/in particular days.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Love'n Honey wrote:

so you're saying that ASH is god? Also, I am asking if it's actually important to keep the feast properly/in particular days.

I'm having a hard time taking your seriously. You know da/mn well I don't think Ash is God, so why would you ask that? I don't think it's important because I don't believe in God. Ask Joshua or anyone and they'll answer according to their opinion. What's the answer independent of opinion? Ask your God.

emil
    Participant

I believe Col 2:16-17 is telling us that these things are not important anymore. They were just shadows of the coming of Jesus.

Re: "ASH is God," that is not what Renita is saying. Her point is that just because ASH is not God, everything he said is not the opposite of the truth.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

emil wrote:

I believe Col 2:16-17 is telling us that these things are not important anymore. They were just shadows of the coming of Jesus.

Re: "ASH is God," that is not what Renita is saying. Her point is that just because ASH is not God, everything he said is not the opposite of the truth.

Thanks! That's just what I was trying to say.

ChurchDestroyer101
    Participant

emil wrote:

then what's the point of going to the church on sundays (or saturdays for some people, there are other people who worshipped on saturedays but we call them in my national language 'Sabadista') if Jesus freed us from such rituals? Or is it that Jesus merely replaced the old rituals with new ones?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

emil wrote:

then what's the point of going to the church on sundays (or saturdays for some people, there are other people who worshipped on saturedays but we call them in my national language 'Sabadista') if Jesus freed us from such rituals? Or is it that Jesus merely replaced the old rituals with new ones?

The point for some is just to have a gathering place for other people who have the same beliefs to meet and read the bible or do whatever. I liken it to book clubs.

emil
    Participant

1. In most countries/churches, we go to church on Sundays because that is the day of the week when Jesus rose from the dead. It was the same day of the week He chose most often to appear after His resurrection. That is why churches have weekly gatherings on Sundays and we go on Sunday to be part of this.

2. In many countries (mainly Islamic) where Sunday is a working day while the weekly holiday is Friday, churches have weekly services on Sunday as well as Friday to enable members to attend on a day which is convenient.

genny
    Participant

emil wrote:

1. In most countries/churches, we go to church on Sundays because that is the day of the week when Jesus rose from the dead. It was the same day of the week He chose most often to appear after His resurrection. That is why churches have weekly gatherings on Sundays and we go on Sunday to be part of this. 

"Going to church" is not on the "checklist" for gaining salvation (salvation doesn't work that way).

But it is beneficial, and the Bible does say that we should gather with other believers:

Hebrews 10:24-25

"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching."

Viewing 15 replies - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.