Internet excuses/straw-men`

• Creator
    Topic
    Simon
    Participant

WMSCOG has studies based on "slanders on the internet" they successfully debunk every argument they bring up. But there is a huge problem, those aren't arguments actually made by the sites I have seen. 

An example: Bird of Prey

WMC claim: Ahnsahnghong

Alleged Slander: Satan

True Claim: Cyrus.

I really have to wonder when really looking back why would they do such nonsense? Clearly it must be to make the otherside look like buffoons. If they lead people to believe all the slanders are this week they won't even look and if they do look they will think because they say all these other stupid things (which they never do say) then this must be wrong too.

Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

Well, Mr. Shimon …. are you saying WMSCOG creatively adapts certain segments (and modifies others) of the Bible (you are in the Jewish section with this discussion) to fit their "needs"?  Shimon …. maybe you ARE starting to think for yourself …..

Simon
    Participant

Maybe you are just not paying attention to anything I have posted for the past 15 days and are responding with blinders on.

Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

Maybe it's time to think about a return to Judaism, one of the greatest religions in the world (and possibly the MOST intellectual) and the religion of your ancestors …. I'm sure there are some great and learned young rabbi's near you that could help you with this …. 

Simon
    Participant

Nope, my promise to Yehovah as a Jew is why I became a Christian. I trust in His promise to come and lead us to truth.

and IF I were to be a Jew I would be a Karaite because I am sorry but Rabbinical Judaism is outright blasphemy and run by power hungry liars who are worse and zahng gil jah or kim joo cheol could ever be accused of.

Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

Interesting ….. I see nothing wrong with Christianity either …. and yes, as you point out, there are many ways to practice Judaism … but you must have encountered some scoundrels along the way … but that happens …

Simon
    Participant

Well if you live by your conscience and do not inherently accept the Talmud just because Rabbanim say so then you are cool so far as I am concerned. But I have yet to meet a singl solitary Rabbi who does not emphasise the Talmud.

genny
    Participant

shimon wrote:

WMSCOG has studies based on "slanders on the internet" they successfully debunk every argument they bring up. But there is a huge problem, those aren't arguments actually made by the sites I have seen. 

An example: Bird of Prey

WMC claim: Ahnsahnghong

Alleged Slander: Satan

True Claim: Cyrus.

I really have to wonder when really looking back why would they do such nonsense? Clearly it must be to make the otherside look like buffoons. If they lead people to believe all the slanders are this week they won't even look and if they do look they will think because they say all these other stupid things (which they never do say) then this must be wrong too.

I'm catching up on my reading and posting today… 🙂

Shimon, you make a really good point here.  I had often wondered as I read that site (wmscog . org), "what are they talking about?  I haven't heard that argument against the wmscog.  That's not what my friends, nor I, have said."

I thought maybe there are other people making those weak arguments, but I haven't seen them. hmmm

Then there are other articles that I read and think, "I (or my friends) said something like that, but not exactly."  And it doesn't make any sense.  And sometimes their counter arguments don't make any sense either.

I think maybe you are right about their tactics with this.

dear_all
    Participant

So, the PO was April 29 that year (right) 1st month

may–>>2nd month

June–>> 3rd month

July–>> 4th month

Aug–>>5th month

Sep–>>6th month

Oct–>>7th Month

According to the article on Watv, it was kept on October 8.

http://english.watv.org/news/content.asp?idx=947&page=1

See, Now tell me How did WMSCOG celebrated the Feast of trumpets in 8th Month ?

It’s nonsense that Church kept it at 8th Month.

Simon
    Participant

march not april plus you're counting gregorian months not new moons causing two problems

dear_all
    Participant

I apologize Simon, PO was Mar 29

genny
    Participant

Food for eternal life wrote:

So, the PO was April 29 that year (right) 1st month

may–>>2nd month

June–>> 3rd month

July–>> 4th month

Aug–>>5th month

Sep–>>6th month

Oct–>>7th Month

According to the article on Watv, it was kept on October 8.

http://english.watv.org/news/content.asp?idx=947&page=1

See, Now tell me How did WMSCOG celebrated the Feast of trumpets in 8th Month ?

It's nonsense that Church kept it at 8th Month.

Food for eternal life wrote:

I apologize Simon, PO was Mar 29

You are talking about 2010.

Check the new moon calendars for that year.

Passover was kept on Mar 29, making the new moon of Mar. 15 the start of the first month.

Apr. 14 started the 2nd month.

May 13 started the 3rd month.

Jun 12 started the 4th month.

July 11 started the 5th month.

Aug. 9 started the 6th month.

Sept 8 started the 7th month.

Oct. 7 started the 8th month.

The feast was kept Oct. 8, in the 8th month.

genny
    Participant

And welcome to the forum, Food for eternal life.  I'm glad you are here.

Viewing 12 replies - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.