They Never Predicted the End of the World

• Creator
    Topic
    Moved-Comment
    Participant

This comment was originally posted by WMS brother on The WMSCOG's Failed Doomsday Predictions of 1988, 1999, and 2012. What Will They Predict Next? and moved here for further discussion:

1. That Facebook post is not an official announcement from General Pastor, or Heavenly Mother.

2. That Blog is not an official announcement from General Pastor, or Heavenly Mother.

3. The Court Case findings were not an official testimony from General Pastor, or Heavenly Mother.

*In fact, it plainly says that the findings were the testimony of family members, and a survey of the general assembly. Not an actual statement by the lead office.

——

Now… Some people might have said some dumb things along the way. This same event happened even right after the death of Jesus in his own church (gal 1:6). And so it is imperative that we return to the correct gospel. There was a huge stack of books Ahn-Sahng-Hong left behind that took years to thoroughly read, translate, and distribute to us.

Which is exactly why your missing one gigantic point:

*It is testified that god himself must re-appear and rebuild Zion before the last day, because it has been destroyed after the death of the apostles.

That’s a big study to swallow, but this verse is a lot more direct: "All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast" (rev 13:8)

There is a biblical event which -must- happen, in order for you to learn the truth in the last days. Otherwise you will continue to worship the beast just as God testifies everyone has been doing all along. There is no exception to the above verse, there are only those who are saved by the grace of god, in the manner through which God has described.

To conclude:

There is, in fact, only one church in the entire world, which follows -all- of the instructions of Jesus and the Apostles, without neglecting any of them.

Free Thinker
    Participant

Simon wrote:

I have to say Saturday isn't the seventh day seems a week argument, that implies that Jews have failed to keep the Sabbath somewhere in the last 2000 years, because clearly they were keeping the correct date at Jesus's time. I find that the Jews lost track of days in 2000 years a bit preposterous.

Yes, I have to agree with you on this one.

Joshua
    Participant

Ok guys, even though this is a week / weak point it is based on historical fact. This is what people need to find out for themselves. Here's an idea that might make you think a little: What if God allowed these changes in the calander (hours, days, weeks) in order to shake humanity out of the idea of the Sabbath being one paticular day? The same argument can be used about Sunday service (Sabbath). Is the Sunday that we all have the same Sunday that Jesus ressurected on? This is where I feel that people get stuck in leagalizm. People who worship on Saturday are not worshipping Saturn and more than the people worshipping on Sundays are worshipping the sun. Does God want us to check a box each week? Keep the Saturday Sabbath check. Do the Sunday service check. I don't think that Jesus ever taught to check a box. Here's the point: God wants our heart as well as our minds. Our modern day pharasis would have all of us trapped under the Law which was nailed to the cross and which Jesus said was finished. Jesus did keep the commandments before his sacrifice on the cross. After the ressurection he showed us the example that we should be following. The apostles followed the example and took seriously the instruction to share the good news. The apostles went to where people were gathered and spoke to the masses about how the scrolls revealed the messiah and that the one that was sacrificed was the one they had been looking for. This was the apostles mission field, a day of work, a time to do the thing that the messiah asked of them. The next day they gathered for their day of rest and worship. Take this week / weak point and research, research, research. Find out for yourselves folks. I can't make you  nor would I force you to believe what I feel is the truth. You need to find out for yourself.

emil
    Participant

Free Thinker wrote:

Sorry, Jesus did proclaim to be the son of god, very dumb mistake, but people refused him. He could only prove thought his works that he was god but the public would rather stone him instead and say that everything he does is blasphemy. In MY opinion, ASH made it clear that he was god though his books. He also took a picture with Zahng Gil Jah in wedding clothes to MAYBE show us that they were the spirit and the bride. So a correction on that. My appologies

That is actually a serious point. ASH did not claim to be god. He always pointed to Jesus as God. Check what he says in his books. WMSCOG started calling him god only after his death to get a hook to hang up ZGJ as mother. Without calling ASH god, the entire concept of F&M collapses.

Your description of a catholic confession is a completely inaccurate caricature. I find that my friend in the wmscog can never say any good about wmscog without simulatneously condemning the pope and the RCC. I believe the caricatures she uses are all taught in the wmscog.

Christ did not come to abolish the law but to fulfill it. He HAD to so that he would be unblemished at the time of his death. Once he fulfilled the law, our salvation was no more through observance of the law. I can quote you verses to show that if you like.

The wmscog takes the 10 commandments and assumes it fulfills the law. But not so. There is a lot more to the law and you don't observe it. By the law, every one of us including the wmscog is doomed. For instance read Exodus 12:43 onwards. Are you circumcised? My friend in the wmscog doesn't know what is circumcision.

Paul went to the synagogue for the express purpose of debating.

Hebrews 4 interpretation is pretty straight forward. He emphasizes that every day is the Sabbath. At least that is how I read it.

There are instances in the gospels where Jesus spells out some laws to be kept. All the commandments except the Sabbath are mentioned. Why is that? Acts 15 describes the council of Jerusalem. The apostles spell out the law that is applicable. The Sabbath is conspicuous by its absence.

Jesus mentions His Father I think over 70 times. Why was mom never mentioned even once? Just think.

I understand that you may have been disillusioned because of some perceived imperfections of catholics priests or protestants pastors. Yet you must rethink what you have implied giving one example. No catholic or protestant priest/pastor ever claims to be God. All of them point to Jesus. You have claimed that ASH and ZGJ don't either. But later you have contradicted yourself by saying he claimed to be god. So does his claim, if there is one, make wmscog the true religion?

And you SPECULATE that the picture of them wearing some ceremonial costumes, which you have been told is bridal dress, indicates they are spirit and bride. Why did he not explicitly write this in any of his many books?

Which brings up another question. What do you have to say about the fact that both ASH and ZGJ were in previous marriages? You can ignore my last question if it makes you uncomfortable.

Simon
    Participant

Joshua wrote:

Ok guys, even though this is a week / weak point it is based on historical fact. This is what people need to find out for themselves. Here's an idea that might make you think a little: What if God allowed these changes in the calander (hours, days, weeks) in order to shake humanity out of the idea of the Sabbath being one paticular day? The same argument can be used about Sunday service (Sabbath). Is the Sunday that we all have the same Sunday that Jesus ressurected on? This is where I feel that people get stuck in leagalizm. People who worship on Saturday are not worshipping Saturn and more than the people worshipping on Sundays are worshipping the sun. Does God want us to check a box each week? Keep the Saturday Sabbath check. Do the Sunday service check. I don't think that Jesus ever taught to check a box. Here's the point: God wants our heart as well as our minds. Our modern day pharasis would have all of us trapped under the Law which was nailed to the cross and which Jesus said was finished. Jesus did keep the commandments before his sacrifice on the cross. After the ressurection he showed us the example that we should be following. The apostles followed the example and took seriously the instruction to share the good news. The apostles went to where people were gathered and spoke to the masses about how the scrolls revealed the messiah and that the one that was sacrificed was the one they had been looking for. This was the apostles mission field, a day of work, a time to do the thing that the messiah asked of them. The next day they gathered for their day of rest and worship. Take this week / weak point and research, research, research. Find out for yourselves folks. I can't make you  nor would I force you to believe what I feel is the truth. You need to find out for yourself.

I definitely agree with the stuff after the Calendar changes part, if you wanna push SUNday one could push SATUR(N)day just as easily 

Free Thinker
    Participant

emil wrote:

Free Thinker wrote:

Sorry, Jesus did proclaim to be the son of god, very dumb mistake, but people refused him. He could only prove thought his works that he was god but the public would rather stone him instead and say that everything he does is blasphemy. In MY opinion, ASH made it clear that he was god though his books. He also took a picture with Zahng Gil Jah in wedding clothes to MAYBE show us that they were the spirit and the bride. So a correction on that. My appologies

That is actually a serious point. ASH did not claim to be god. He always pointed to Jesus as God. Check what he says in his books. WMSCOG started calling him god only after his death to get a hook to hang up ZGJ as mother. Without calling ASH god, the entire concept of F&M collapses.

Your description of a catholic confession is a completely inaccurate caricature. I find that my friend in the wmscog can never say any good about wmscog without simulatneously condemning the pope and the RCC. I believe the caricatures she uses are all taught in the wmscog.

Christ did not come to abolish the law but to fulfill it. He HAD to so that he would be unblemished at the time of his death. Once he fulfilled the law, our salvation was no more through observance of the law. I can quote you verses to show that if you like.

The wmscog takes the 10 commandments and assumes it fulfills the law. But not so. There is a lot more to the law and you don't observe it. By the law, every one of us including the wmscog is doomed. For instance read Exodus 12:43 onwards. Are you circumcised? My friend in the wmscog doesn't know what is circumcision.

Paul went to the synagogue for the express purpose of debating.

Hebrews 4 interpretation is pretty straight forward. He emphasizes that every day is the Sabbath. At least that is how I read it.

There are instances in the gospels where Jesus spells out some laws to be kept. All the commandments except the Sabbath are mentioned. Why is that? Acts 15 describes the council of Jerusalem. The apostles spell out the law that is applicable. The Sabbath is conspicuous by its absence.

Jesus mentions His Father I think over 70 times. Why was mom never mentioned even once? Just think.

I understand that you may have been disillusioned because of some perceived imperfections of catholics priests or protestants pastors. Yet you must rethink what you have implied giving one example. No catholic or protestant priest/pastor ever claims to be God. All of them point to Jesus. You have claimed that ASH and ZGJ don't either. But later you have contradicted yourself by saying he claimed to be god. So does his claim, if there is one, make wmscog the true religion?

And you SPECULATE that the picture of them wearing some ceremonial costumes, which you have been told is bridal dress, indicates they are spirit and bride. Why did he not explicitly write this in any of his many books?

Which brings up another question. What do you have to say about the fact that both ASH and ZGJ were in previous marriages? You can ignore my last question if it makes you uncomfortable.

Again, I state that these are NOT claims, but MY opinion, if I were to start making claims, then I would have to use WMS doctorin, which I am not. The wedding photo again, I state MAYBE. So I am not making the same claims that that others from the WMS might be making here.

In Unsealing the 7 thunders book, ASH states that "There is one person who is still a child. She is the one who will come after me. She will appear in due time." When he wrote this book, ZGJ was indeed a child, 12 I believe. The I did a search online because someone from the wms reccomended that I look an actual record from the bible that says jesus's age.

"43 Luke 2:41-3:0 89

41And his people went every year to Jerusalem during the feast of the passover.

42And when he was 12 years old, they went up to the feast as they were accustomed.

43And when the feast days were over, they returned; but the boy Jesus remained in Jerusalem; and Joseph and his mother did not know it.

44They thought that he was with the sons of their party; and when they went a day's journey, they sought for him among their own people and those who knew them.

45But they could not find him; so they returned again to Jerusalem, looking for him.

46After 3 days, they found him in the temple, sitting in the middle of the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions.

47And all those who heard him were amazed at his wisdom and his answers.

48And when they saw him, they were astonished; and his mother said to him, My son, why have you done this to us? Look, your father and I have been looking for you with great anxiety.

49He said to them, Why were you looking for me? Did you not know that I would be in the house of my father?

50But they could not understand the words which he said to them.

51So he went down with them and came to Nazareth; and he was subject to them. And his mother treasured all these words in her heart.

52And Jesus grew in his stature and in his wisdom, and in favor with god and men. "

That just blew me away. (Sorry, I kind of had to use this part of ASH's book, but I am trying to refrain from using any of hs books, so hopefully I won't need to again).

Also, look at how I choose my words. I say, IN MY OPINION, I don't say, "hey, it's a fact because the WMS teaches it and I must claim it as well!" So I did not claim that ASH and ZGJ, I said it was MY OPINION. Got to choose your words wisely :).

I don't know your friend, so I cannot speak for him/her. What I gave you is a a bit of my religious background so that you know where I am comming from. These are MY experiances and I state what I don't like about them. That simple. Now the catholic confessions part. I just simply don't like them. I have done a few of these "confessions" while I was a catholic and even though they were not as serious as killing a person, all of the responses that I got from the pope or priest is that you need to pray this prayer x amount of times, pray this other one x amount of times, and finish off with this prayer. So that has been my experiance, you may state it is inaccurate, but you are not me and I am not you, you have different experiances (I assume) but I can't tell you that you're inaccurate because they are what you experiance.

And from what you wrote above, are you implying that I am condemming the pope to speak good of the WMS? Just in case, I am not. If jesus taught that we should love our enemy as well, then why condem a pope (btw, I'm not going to start claiming that the pope is our enemy, it's just an example k?)

Now how can I call myself a "free thinker" if I don't want to discuss? I even state that by all means, bring out your argument.

No, it's doesn't make me feel uncomfortable at all. Again, that would be defaming my title of a "free thinker" LOL. ASH, yes, he was indeed married and had 3 childern. ZGJ, that's unconfirmed. The "testimony" (found here https://www.examiningthewmscog.com/archives/zahng-gil-jahs-ex-husbands-side-of-the-story/ ) we cannot say it is a for sure. That and this testimony is just not credible at all, when I see a documented marriage that has been proven true, then yes, we can say that ZGJ was married. 

Now let me ask you this. Has ASH committed any thing wrong? He was married and he stayed faithful to his wife. He didn't commit sexual immorality, he preached on saturdays, he was a family man (as I can see from the pictures found in the NCPCOG website). So physically, did he do any wrong? No, he didn't.  But what about spiritually? He preached for 37 years (you might say no because of the 7th day adventist 16 years, but was he following them or preaching to them? He wrote books while he was in the 7th day adventist, so to say that he followed them is not believeable TO ME). He PROBABLY introduced us to ZGJ through the picture and he also did give her all of his notes and books, so that's PROBABLY another thing that MIGHT show that she is the bride. He did more, but I fear that people here will start saying that the WMS proclaimed this when really, it has been my thoughts all along. For example, the WMS doesn't like to admit that ASH was married because many people would deny him immediatly and they would use that to slander the church, but from me seeing that he didn't do anything wrong, then I do not see any reason to slander him.

In the OT, where does God call himself "Father", where does it say "Jesus is my Son". Does the OT say that JESUS would come in the flesh or that he would be commig in the clouds with all of his glory? Does the name Jesus even appear in the OT. If it weren't for the NT, then we would not know who Jesus was and we would not know anything about him, heck, christianity would not exist.

Now back to this, Why is it that the book of revelations states a spirit and a bride? Some interepret it as jesus and the holy city, some say that the city is a dwelling place for the saints and that god would live there and that somehow that holy city was his bride. Well, I'm more inclined, again, INCLINED (but not saying it is a for sure thing), to believe that it was litteraly a man and a woman that would come down from heaven and bring the waters of life. Now don't go about saying that I am claiming this as you have been doing with your previous post, I just THINK it makes a bit more sense.

I can't make you  nor would I force you to believe what I feel is the truth. You need to find out for yourself.

@Joshua

Perfect way to put it. Every individual has their own thoughts and does research according to what they believe to be right. I have been through 3 different religions (well the muslim one doesn't count, I just know their customs because my fsmily from europe comes to vist us every once in a while, so make that 2), and the WMS make s a bit more sense to me. I also consider what is written on websites like this and debate with myself about what makes sense and what doesn't. Once I decide, the only thing I can do express my opinions and try to calm tensions down a bit between others that are in the same situation or that never stop debating.

Simon
    Participant

Free Thinker wrote:

Again, I state that these are NOT claims, but MY opinion, if I were to start making claims, then I would have to use WMS doctorin, which I am not. The wedding photo again, I state MAYBE. So I am not making the same claims that that others from the WMS might be making here.

In Unsealing the 7 thunders book, ASH states that "There is one person who is still a child. She is the one who will come after me. She will appear in due time." When he wrote this book, ZGJ was indeed a child, 12 I believe. The I did a search online because someone from the wms reccomended that I look an actual record from the bible that says jesus's age.

Unsealing the Seven Thunders” (1955), “. . . the world was in the dark of night. He shone His light throughout the four corners of the world, but there was no one to receive the light, so finally it was shone on me. And there is one more person. She is still a child. She is to appear after me. When the time comes, she will appear.”

If ahnsahnghong were God why would God need to sine light on himself? Clearly he expected this other person to be a prophettess not God as well as himself a prophet not GodWhich brings up another question. What do you have to say about the fact that both ASH and ZGJ were in previous marriages? You can ignore my last question if it makes you uncomfortable.

No, it's doesn't make me feel uncomfortable at all. Again, that would be defaming my title of a "free thinker" LOL. ASH, yes, he was indeed married and had 3 childern. ZGJ, that's unconfirmed. The "testimony" (found here https://www.examiningthewmscog.com/archives/zahng-gil-jahs-ex-husbands-side-of-the-story/ ) we cannot say it is a for sure. That and this testimony is just not credible at all, when I see a documented marriage that has been proven true, then yes, we can say that ZGJ was married. 

I was told by WMSCOG when I attended they were BOTH married with children

emil
    Participant

Free Thinker wrote:

I did not say they are your claims. I said it is your SPECULATION. I base this on the fact that you said MAYBE. Secondly, you don't seem to understand that you are making claims as well. They may not be the same claims as others in the wmscog but every assertion you make is a claim.

Free Thinker wrote:

"43 Luke 2:41-3:0 89

41And his people went every year to Jerusalem during the feast of the passover.

42And when he was 12 years old, they went up to the feast as they were accustomed.

43And when the feast days were over, they returned; but the boy Jesus remained in Jerusalem; and Joseph and his mother did not know it.

44They thought that he was with the sons of their party; and when they went a day's journey, they sought for him among their own people and those who knew them.

45But they could not find him; so they returned again to Jerusalem, looking for him.

46After 3 days, they found him in the temple, sitting in the middle of the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions.

47And all those who heard him were amazed at his wisdom and his answers.

48And when they saw him, they were astonished; and his mother said to him, My son, why have you done this to us? Look, your father and I have been looking for you with great anxiety.

49He said to them, Why were you looking for me? Did you not know that I would be in the house of my father?

50But they could not understand the words which he said to them.

51So he went down with them and came to Nazareth; and he was subject to them. And his mother treasured all these words in her heart.

52And Jesus grew in his stature and in his wisdom, and in favor with god and men. "

That just blew me away. (Sorry, I kind of had to use this part of ASH's book, but I am trying to refrain from using any of hs books, so hopefully I won't need to again).

Also, look at how I choose my words. I say, IN MY OPINION, I don't say, "hey, it's a fact because the WMS teaches it and I must claim it as well!" So I did not claim that ASH and ZGJ, I said it was MY OPINION. Got to choose your words wisely :).

Since you quote from his book anyway, I would suggest that you do take a look at his book where he debunks the idea that New Jerusalem refers to a woman. You need to also take a look at where he points to Jesus as the only saviour and source of salvation.

Free Thinker wrote:

I don't know your friend, so I cannot speak for him/her. What I gave you is a a bit of my religious background so that you know where I am comming from. These are MY experiances and I state what I don't like about them. That simple. Now the catholic confessions part. I just simply don't like them. I have done a few of these "confessions" while I was a catholic and even though they were not as serious as killing a person, all of the responses that I got from the pope or priest is that you need to pray this prayer x amount of times, pray this other one x amount of times, and finish off with this prayer. So that has been my experiance, you may state it is inaccurate, but you are not me and I am not you, you have different experiances (I assume) but I can't tell you that you're inaccurate because they are what you experiance.

And from what you wrote above, are you implying that I am condemming the pope to speak good of the WMS? Just in case, I am not. If jesus taught that we should love our enemy as well, then why condem a pope (btw, I'm not going to start claiming that the pope is our enemy, it's just an example k?)

You went for confession to the pope? SERIOUSLY?

And in your experience you did not confess to murder? And yet you don't feel that your statements were a gross exaggeration? I have no objection to your dislike of confession but you need to refrain from exaggerating to make your point if you want to be taken seriously.

About my friend, what I am trying to say is in all the communication she has had with me, she tells me about the teachings of the wmscog. There is not a single teaching she has sent me that does not contain liberal doses of how the pope and RCC is evil.

Free Thinker wrote:

I agree that the testimony lacks total credibility. In fact the website also puts in that disclaimer. What surprises me though is that the wmscog has not sued the "husband" for the claim. As we are all aware, the wmscog never hesitates to sue.

Free Thinker wrote:

Now let me ask you this. Has ASH committed any thing wrong? He was married and he stayed faithful to his wife. He didn't commit sexual immorality, he preached on saturdays, he was a family man (as I can see from the pictures found in the NCPCOG website). So physically, did he do any wrong? No, he didn't.  But what about spiritually? He preached for 37 years (you might say no because of the 7th day adventist 16 years, but was he following them or preaching to them? He wrote books while he was in the 7th day adventist, so to say that he followed them is not believeable TO ME). He PROBABLY introduced us to ZGJ through the picture and he also did give her all of his notes and books, so that's PROBABLY another thing that MIGHT show that she is the bride. He did more, but I fear that people here will start saying that the WMS proclaimed this when really, it has been my thoughts all along. For example, the WMS doesn't like to admit that ASH was married because many people would deny him immediatly and they would use that to slander the church, but from me seeing that he didn't do anything wrong, then I do not see any reason to slander him.

Mt 5:32 – But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

In the OT, where does God call himself "Father", where does it say "Jesus is my Son". Does the OT say that JESUS would come in the flesh or that he would be commig in the clouds with all of his glory? Does the name Jesus even appear in the OT. If it weren't for the NT, then we would not know who Jesus was and we would not know anything about him, heck, christianity would not exist.

Now back to this, Why is it that the book of revelations states a spirit and a bride? Some interepret it as jesus and the holy city, some say that the city is a dwelling place for the saints and that god would live there and that somehow that holy city was his bride. Well, I'm more inclined, again, INCLINED (but not saying it is a for sure thing), to believe that it was litteraly a man and a woman that would come down from heaven and bring the waters of life. Now don't go about saying that I am claiming this as you have been doing with your previous post, I just THINK it makes a bit more sense.

You miss my point. I ask why is it that Jesus did not mention a mother god if she did exist? Since he menttioned "Father" so many times, I am sure his neglect to mention mother was not because of lack of opportunity.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

There’s a time to reveal everything. I mean, where is hell mentioned in the ot? If jesus of the nt is jehovah of the ot, why didn’t he mention hell before if it existed? Why didn’t he mention god the mother if she exists? Because it wasn’t time yet. Idk.. perhaps the same reason he waited to say hell exists.

I think god isn’t a father or a mother. I think jesus said “I and the father are 1” because people commonly called god the father and he was “relating” to them. Speaking to them on their level.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Side note.. I posted a summary of what shimon said about the 7 churches and their “chronologic” order on one of the wmscog FB pages and someone liked it.

Simon
    Participant

the funny thing is hell isn't the lake of fire, hell is throne into the lake of fire where it is destroyed.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

From all the reading I’ve done, I’ve never seen it described how you say shimon.

Simon
    Participant

then you never read revelation 20

emil
    Participant

renita.payno wrote:

There's a time to reveal everything. I mean, where is hell mentioned in the ot? If jesus of the nt is jehovah of the ot, why didn't he mention hell before if it existed? Why didn't he mention god the mother if she exists? Because it wasn't time yet. Idk.. perhaps the same reason he waited to say hell exists.

I think god isn't a father or a mother. I think jesus said "I and the father are 1" because people commonly called god the father and he was "relating" to them. Speaking to them on their level.

AFAIK, Christianity is united in belief that the Trinity is 3 persons in one God. In other words, Jesus and Jehovah are separate individuals. So your first question "why didn't he mention hell before?" is moot. Only the wmscog preaches that Jesus is Jehovah. In the phrase "I and the father are 1" used by Jesus, the 1 means united by purpose. Not that it is one individual. There are numerous instances in the gospels to show Jesus, the Father and the Spirit are separate entities.

Jesus himself alluded to hell a few times. Yes I agree that there is a time for everything but I cannot think of one good reason why "mother god" would not be revealed at the earliest if she did exist. Now if you look at the evidence for "mother god" provided by wmscog, it starts with Genesis, the first book of the bible. So according to their teaching she was already revealed. If she was already revealed, why would Jesus have never mentioned her?

I agree with you that God is neither male nor female in the biological sense as we understand the terms.

Simon
    Participant

no many teach Jesus is Jehovah actually

Love'n Honey
    Participant

emil wrote:

renita.payno wrote:

There's a time to reveal everything. I mean, where is hell mentioned in the ot? If jesus of the nt is jehovah of the ot, why didn't he mention hell before if it existed? Why didn't he mention god the mother if she exists? Because it wasn't time yet. Idk.. perhaps the same reason he waited to say hell exists.

I think god isn't a father or a mother. I think jesus said "I and the father are 1" because people commonly called god the father and he was "relating" to them. Speaking to them on their level.

AFAIK, Christianity is united in belief that the Trinity is 3 persons in one God. In other words, Jesus and Jehovah are separate individuals. So your first question "why didn't he mention hell before?" is moot. Only the wmscog preaches that Jesus is Jehovah. In the phrase "I and the father are 1" used by Jesus, the 1 means united by purpose. Not that it is one individual. There are numerous instances in the gospels to show Jesus, the Father and the Spirit are separate entities.

Jesus himself alluded to hell a few times. Yes I agree that there is a time for everything but I cannot think of one good reason why "mother god" would not be revealed at the earliest if she did exist. Now if you look at the evidence for "mother god" provided by wmscog, it starts with Genesis, the first book of the bible. So according to their teaching she was already revealed. If she was already revealed, why would Jesus have never mentioned her?

I agree with you that God is neither male nor female in the biological sense as we understand the terms.

1) In all my years, I was always taught Jesus and Jehovah are the same. When I visit this site and I have a question about what most christians believe, I ask them. Random christians on the street so it's not biased. Even when I've gone preaching, a vast majority of christians say Jesus and Jehovah are not seperate.

2) IAW the WMSCOG, Mother was not revealed but hidden in plain sight. It's like someone putting the pieces together to see there is a spy amongst them. The spy wasn't revealed from day 1. The spy was always there but no one knew or realized it until someone revealed to them later that there is a spy.

Joshua
    Participant

I'm going to quote a Christian evangelist named Mike Warnkey. He uses a cherry pie as an example for the trinity. If you bake a cherry pie, and you do it right, the filling is supposed to stay runny. If you take your knife and cut it into three equil pieces you will see a definite separation in the pieces of pie but in the filling you will not. It's all still the same pie. I know this might be the most elementary way of trying to describe the trinity but it does work as a word picture. One other thought: If you only accept one piece of the pie the filling will run out and possible make a big mess. By accepting every piece you have the whole deal.

emil
    Participant

Going back to the topic of this thread…..

Yesterday I spoke to the husband of this friend who is in the wmscog since early 2012. He had been discussing with his wife about the end of the world prediction a few days ago (before 2012 had actually ended). She told him that the wmscog has not predicted the world will end in 2012. They only said it will be the end of preaching. Later she was getting ready to go to her church to hear a teaching. So he asked her why was she going if the preaching has ended. She told him that these preachings will continue. Only preaching to attract fresh members is over.

Actually, she herself loves to go out and preach so I am wondering how long she will refrain from preaching.

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

So that means that the preaching "for new members" is officially over?

MountainMom
    Participant

There is no way they are going to quit preaching.  There's also no way they can truthfully deny that they told members the end of the world was supposed to be in 2012. 

Elievalkyrie
    Participant

We have a new member in this forum…He/she was pretty upset. Please give our new members support. They really need it now.

I think those who are realizing the lie about the 2012 doomsday are gonna add up to the members of this website. Points for the blue team, red team backed on a corner. LOL.

Viewing 20 replies - 101 through 120 (of 163 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.