The comments honestly sound like

• Creator
    Topic
    Moved-Comment
    Participant

This article was originally posted on WMSCOG vs Ji Won Tak – Court Case  and has been moved here for further discussion:

Renita says:

The comments honestly sound like the people who crucified Jesus saying, "If you are God, then free yourself from our hands." However, Jesus didn’t do anything, yet, many people believe that He is God who even testified Himself to be God. It looks like He lost against humans 2,000 years ago. Who’s to say He won’t lose to humans again? Serious question: Do any of you believe Jesus is God? If so, why didn’t He do anything when He was being crucified?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I am not saying the day of which He began His ministry or the day which He died has to be precisely on the second. I am saying Jesus could not be 29 or younger when He was baptized. Neither could He be 31 or older. He had to be 30 anytime between 14Nisan of 1 year to 14Nisan the next. He could begin His ministry at 13Nisan but still fulfilling the prophecy because He was not yet 31. I am speaking specifically on years, not months or days or hours or soforth because the prophecy doesn't mention it. It only mentioned years so we must focus on the years.

Is what I'm trying to say clear?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I am not saying the day of which He began His ministry or the day which He died has to be precisely on the second. I am saying Jesus could not be 29 or younger when He was baptized. Neither could He be 31 or older. He had to be 30 anytime between 14Nisan of 1 year to 14Nisan the next. He could begin His ministry at 13Nisan but still fulfilling the prophecy because He was not yet 31. I am speaking specifically on years, not months or days or hours or soforth because the prophecy doesn't mention it. It only mentioned years so we must focus on the years.

Is what I'm trying to say clear?

Simon
    Participant

I would argue if at his first comeing he preached 3 1/2 years Father would only need to preach 36 1/2 years but we would say 37 still as a simplification. (again hypothetically speaking)

Simon
    Participant

I would argue if at his first comeing he preached 3 1/2 years Father would only need to preach 36 1/2 years but we would say 37 still as a simplification. (again hypothetically speaking)

Love'n Honey
    Participant

But that 1/2 is not specified. As far as I understand the prophecy. The prophectical K. David must be baptized after His 30th birthday but before His 31st. And He must preach no less than 40 years but not 41 or more. Have you read King David's throne entirely? 2 Sa 5:5, King David technically reigned 40 years 6 months. But in 2 Sa 5:4, it is written that he only reigned 40 years. The half isn't specified in his throne. But even though we know that half is there, God still recorded his reign as 40 years long. This shows us that the months, days, hours, minutes, & seconds are not prophecy. The year is prophecy. King David reigned no less than 40 years but not 41 or more as should Father.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

But that 1/2 is not specified. As far as I understand the prophecy. The prophectical K. David must be baptized after His 30th birthday but before His 31st. And He must preach no less than 40 years but not 41 or more. Have you read King David's throne entirely? 2 Sa 5:5, King David technically reigned 40 years 6 months. But in 2 Sa 5:4, it is written that he only reigned 40 years. The half isn't specified in his throne. But even though we know that half is there, God still recorded his reign as 40 years long. This shows us that the months, days, hours, minutes, & seconds are not prophecy. The year is prophecy. King David reigned no less than 40 years but not 41 or more as should Father.

Simon
    Participant

possibly but I cannot say with certainty how the 40 years should be fulfilled in terms of splitting it precisely to years or why it cannot be say 3 1/2 and 36 1/2 (for example) because that is no less than 40 years.

Simon
    Participant

possibly but I cannot say with certainty how the 40 years should be fulfilled in terms of splitting it precisely to years or why it cannot be say 3 1/2 and 36 1/2 (for example) because that is no less than 40 years.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I see what you're saying.. Because 3 3/4 years plus 37 3/4 year technically makes 41 1/2 which would not fulfill prophecy in the total but does in the seperate reigns.. But if we don't pay attention to the months, it's only 40. So then, where is the prophecy? Is it in the total or seperate reigns? Because clearly it can't be both unless God has fulfilled it so perfectly.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I see what you're saying.. Because 3 3/4 years plus 37 3/4 year technically makes 41 1/2 which would not fulfill prophecy in the total but does in the seperate reigns.. But if we don't pay attention to the months, it's only 40. So then, where is the prophecy? Is it in the total or seperate reigns? Because clearly it can't be both unless God has fulfilled it so perfectly.

genny
    Participant

You've sparked my memory of a question I've had…

Did you notice that 2 Sam. 5:5 says, "In Hebron he reigned over Judah seven years and six months, and in Jerusalem he reigned over all Israel and Judah thirty-three years."

David was king over only part of Israel for 7 1/2 years, and he was king over all of Israel for only 33 years.

If everything is copy and shadow, as the wmscog preaches, then what is the deal with this split of the 40 years into 7 and 33 years?

Seems to me, if the 40 years was meant to be split between two comings of Christ, then it would have been split 7 and 33, not 3 and 37.

(I do not believe in this 40 year prophecy the wmscog teaches, but I'm just saying if it were so.)

genny
    Participant

You've sparked my memory of a question I've had…

Did you notice that 2 Sam. 5:5 says, "In Hebron he reigned over Judah seven years and six months, and in Jerusalem he reigned over all Israel and Judah thirty-three years."

David was king over only part of Israel for 7 1/2 years, and he was king over all of Israel for only 33 years.

If everything is copy and shadow, as the wmscog preaches, then what is the deal with this split of the 40 years into 7 and 33 years?

Seems to me, if the 40 years was meant to be split between two comings of Christ, then it would have been split 7 and 33, not 3 and 37.

(I do not believe in this 40 year prophecy the wmscog teaches, but I'm just saying if it were so.)

Simon
    Participant

You can’t decide prophecy to suit your needs.

If.ahnsahnghong isn’t Christ and he made up the prophecy he made it about someone else so the 37.years isn’t made.retroactively to to make him fit.

Simon
    Participant

You can’t decide prophecy to suit your needs.

If.ahnsahnghong isn’t Christ and he made up the prophecy he made it about someone else so the 37.years isn’t made.retroactively to to make him fit.

genny
    Participant

What I mean is, wmscog doesn't interpret the 'David's throne' prophecy right.  It has nothing to do with being baptized at 30 and preaching for 40 years.

If the prophecy was meant to be interpreted that way and a split in the 40 years, then it would have been fulfilled with a 7 / 33 year split, not a 3 / 37 year split.  Jesus would not have fulfilled it either, and there would be a big problem all around.

Therefore the 40 year split interpretation is invalid.

genny
    Participant

What I mean is, wmscog doesn't interpret the 'David's throne' prophecy right.  It has nothing to do with being baptized at 30 and preaching for 40 years.

If the prophecy was meant to be interpreted that way and a split in the 40 years, then it would have been fulfilled with a 7 / 33 year split, not a 3 / 37 year split.  Jesus would not have fulfilled it either, and there would be a big problem all around.

Therefore the 40 year split interpretation is invalid.

Simon
    Participant

no it doesn't need to be split the same way David's reign was never actually split. As far as everything is a copy and shadow per the two capitals sometimes a duck is just a duck.

Simon
    Participant

no it doesn't need to be split the same way David's reign was never actually split. As far as everything is a copy and shadow per the two capitals sometimes a duck is just a duck.

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Even so, David didn't reign 40 years. He reigned 40 1/2 years. If we are going to say Christ has to do just that, then His 1st coming must fulfill 7.5 while His 2nd fulfills 33. & Another thing, to get extra specific, who does Judah & Israel represent in the reality?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Even so, David didn't reign 40 years. He reigned 40 1/2 years. If we are going to say Christ has to do just that, then His 1st coming must fulfill 7.5 while His 2nd fulfills 33. & Another thing, to get extra specific, who does Judah & Israel represent in the reality?

Viewing 20 replies - 21 through 40 (of 145 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.