The Wms exposed on the Today Show!

• Creator
    Topic
    MountainMom
    Participant

There was a segment on the Today Show exposing the Wms and how they tear families apart. If you missed it you can go to their website and watch it, I believe.  It was posted on Facebook as well. 

No wonder they have a big PR campaign going at this time to counter this claim.  Like Momsix said, they are trying to change some things.  Well I see that as exactly what it is, an attempt to establish plausible deniability.  They actually let some of their members go home for Christmas this year.  My son hasn't been home for Christmas for SEVEN years!

Ms Freedom
    Participant

jw03550 wrote:

LambofGod wrote:

Your support MM is so awesome!  Thank you.

She's martyred herself and at the cost of the relationship with her son by putting the entire blame on WMSCOG.  That's not something to be proud of.

jw03550/Previously known as Simon

You have been a member of this forum for several years now under seveal different handles, but you are always easy to figure out because of your attacks on Mountain Mom! Dead give-away!

You can tell by your posts that you do not have children of your own because if you did, you would have a little more empathy for the parents on this site that have been devestated by this (get ready – you won't like this!) CULT! I understand your inability to understand what it is like to be a parent and raise a child – you have never done that. But what you are not getting is that all of us parents have been children of other parents. We get that! We know that kids (especially when they become adults) make their own decisions and that includes making mistakes. But this just isn't a mistake – it is life altering and in a very damaging way. And it is not just damaging to themselves, but to those lives and families of their recruits.

Needless to say, it is something that no one wants or expects of their child. It is shocking when they drop out of school, it is hurtful when they call you names, it is disrespectful when they act like you gave them a horrible life by depriving them of the knowledge of mother Zang (even though you had no clue that this group existed) and it is devestating when they throw their family members aside because as they tell you – you are just their earthly family and they have another family now. I have experienced people asking if my child was a good student in school (underlying message that my child is stupid to believe this garbage), I have been asked if I treated my other children better than this child, I have endured losing friends because they now think I am just too weird to have a kid in a cult, and then YOU add to that by defending the members no matter what their behavior! This is not helping Simon! You are acting like they have just chosen to be a baptist over a methodist! They have given up their education, their friends, their family, their income, their time, their choice for someone they have fallen in love with and on and on it goes. Not just a decision of "I don't believe the way you do!"

They are being used by an organization that wants their labor and money and doesn't give a hoot about their feelings or mental state. Yes, there are members there that are caring people but they are so brainwashed that they will shun/disconnect (whatever other cults call it) when a member no longer believes the way they do! Do you think your friend that is still a member would be returning your calls if the leaders knew that person was in contact with you? Why not go to the church for a visit with your friend? You know the reaction; you know the control!

Your assumption that MM has caused the damage to her realtionship with her son AND that the WMSCOG had nothing to to with it is ludicrous!

Your ridicule of the mother in the video is discusting! The mother is desperate to have some affection from her child and you make fun of her for knocking on the window?! They drive from Michigan to New Jersey and the daughter rambles off some cult jargon about it being a speck on this earth bla bla bla? What the H-E-L-L was that?! She won't give her mother a hug, she won't even get out of the car! Horrible! And then when she is being interviewed she says that she wants her parents to stop listening to others and to believe her. Believe what? That she isn't in a cult and that she knows the only truth, and that her Korean husband is a gift from the mother, etc.? What is there to believe?  It is garbage and unbelievable for us!

WMSCOG controls our kids lives and makes every decision for them. You can say all you want that they make their own decisions and to the peole who do not understand cults, they would agree with you – but they don't. No decision is made without consulting the leaders. The family in the video wanted their daughter to have a good life; they wanted her to graduate from college, fall in love and get married, start a family and be a part of their family. For you to say that they only want what they want proves that you are not a parent. Those parents would have laid down their life for their child because her life is more important than theirs. Rebecca made it clear however, that her parent's lives do not matter to her anymore. Nice job WMSCOG! Success on another devoted member that has devestated her family.

I don't care if you post here JW/Simon. You have the right to be here as much as me. You can share your opinions and defend the WMS and wave the cult flag all you want, but you seriously need to stop and think before you insult the members of this forum! I would hope that your goal is to show kindness and understanding to people that have been damaged, not add hurtfulness to the loss of these families. And please lay off Mountain Mom! She may not be a hero to you, but she is to me and many others here. Your constant attempt to discredit her is getting very old and just shows a dark and cold side of you.

fedupmom
    Participant

@ Ms.Freedom- very well said!!! I could not have said it better myself. As a parent of a son in this group, you have nailed it!

I challenge any member/ex-member to come here and convince us that they joined this group knowing ahead the doctrines and all they would give up in their lives, including family gatherings, weddings, funerals, sports, hobbies and activities they used to Love, ambitions, careers, and dreams….and on and on! But most of all, how many would have joined knowing the damage it could/would bring to the relationships they once valued? They are told that everything on the internet that speaks against their group is all lies – they won’t research and decide for themselves, and they won’t believe their loved ones because they assume this is where they get all their info., along with cult experts.

The truth is, the WMSCOG is solely responsible for the changes in the lives of our loved ones.

We don’t know the exact direction our loved ones’ lives would have taken had they not joined, but regardless, they joined this group under deceitful circumstances and thus this group is to blame for their current circumstances…period!

@JW03550
    , you are allowed an opinion, but please stay away from insulting others here who have helped so many others- I doubt you know enough about MountainMom or her family and making judgements is totally uncalled for…

Brian Taylor
    Participant

@ ms.freedom Thank you, Thank you and agsin, Thank you!

Ms Freedom
    Participant

You Brian are another hero on this site…and you are welcome!

genny
    Participant

MsFreedom you have just the right words.  Thank you for expressing them so well.

Brian Taylor
    Participant

Bump

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Re-bumped. Because there seemed to be 6 troll Posts not related to WMS and or selling items. Wms “Cult research team” (including Overseer Chau and Park) is that you?

jw03550
    Participant

Totalism takes 100%

Unconditional love gives 100%

You should be thanking me for helping you see what you have become too blinded to see.

This site is far from an examining site.  It is a site that the majority of users post to vent their frustrations.

Sorry, but she's more interested in bashing the group than investing the time to figure out what her son needs and requires to exit the group.

This site mocks in an eerily similar manner the "rallying around" people with similar opinions and attitudes…gee, similar to the way "cults" do.  Opinions that run contrary…get run out.

No one else may have the frijoles to tell it – MM, your postings are keeping your son in longer.  A freebie call to Hassan will confirm this.

The rest of you – grow some balls and start telling the truth instead of what makes you feel better.

Joshua
    Participant

jw03550 wrote:

Totalism takes 100%

You should be thanking me for helping you see what you have become too blinded to see.

This site is far from an examining site.  It is a site that the majority of users post to vent their frustrations.

Sorry, but she's more interested in bashing the group than investing the time to figure out what her son needs and requires to exit the group.

This site mocks in an eerily similar manner the "rallying around" people with similar opinions and attitudes…gee, similar to the way "cults" do.  Opinions that run contrary…get run out.

No one else may have the frijoles to tell it – MM, your postings are keeping your son in longer.  A freebie call to Hassan will confirm this.

The rest of you – grow some balls and start telling the truth instead of what makes you feel better.

WOW, I don't normally jump in on things like this.  jw03550 you are out of line here! The forum is a place where people can make their observations and let their feeling be heard. "Grow some balls"??? At this point you really need to get over YOURSELF! This kind of garbage doesn't cut it. I'm not sure where you think you portrail of loves is in your postings but I can assure you it is missing. Please take this as a correction. I'm not trying to send you away but you do need to make a considerable change in YOUR approach.

jw03550
    Participant

The naked truth does not like to be uncovered.

If she won't be an advocate for her child then I will.

The final fact will remain:

He knows she posts here under MM.  She either cares, or not.  I'm going with "not". 

I suggest she call up so-called "cult" experts and find out the range of opinions on how this does or does not prolong his membership.  I'm betting the farm that it is prolonging the membership.

So she can blame the group all she wants for taking her child

just accept that she has to take accountability for prolonging that membership.

….if the assumptions are true.

if not.  my apologies.

jw03550
    Participant

Ms Freedom wrote:

and then YOU add to that by defending the members no matter what their behavior!

I guess we better staple Jesus back up on the cross and tell him he was full of shet when he said to forgive them for they know not what they do.

Ms Freedom
    Participant

JW- Explain to me how you are an advocate for MM’s son? Are you fighting to get him out or keep him in? Please give some examples of what you are posting here that is helping members come out?

Every public story that comes out against the church, you slam. Are you of the mindset that we should not fight to expose WMS? Public exposure works. Take for example the picketing in the Reseda church a few years ago. They have started “former members” groups so they can support each other. The last count of people leaving was over 200!

Should Ron have just gone away quietly and not told his story? Should Michelle have not counter sued the cult and taken down the website? if this forum is not helping people come out and it is just a place for people to vent “their frustrations” then why are you venting your’s?

How is MM posting here keeping her son in? Is he trying to prove her wrong and by god he’s just going to stay in to prove to her that he isn’t in a cult? You make a lot of assumptions about MM’s son and their relationship. I would suggest you refrain from assumptions when you don’t know their story. You are a film critic without watching the film!

Please give some positive feedback of what you see as being helpful.

MountainMom
    Participant

jw03550 wrote:

Ms Freedom wrote:

and then YOU add to that by defending the members no matter what their behavior!

I guess we better staple Jesus back up on the cross and tell him he was full of shet when he said to forgive them for they know not what they do.

Maybe we should all just forgive JW because he definitely falls under the category of "Not knowing what he is doing." 

He did say in one of his posts  that if his assumptions about me and my son were not true, he apologized.  Back handed apology accepted, because you assume way too much for someone who doesn't know me or my son. 

genny
    Participant

jw03550 wrote:

Totalism takes 100%

JW, the reason I find posts like this useful is not because I agree with you.  It's because probably other people reading might be thinking the same thing and you give us a chance to address it.

If you have been around long enough, and read enough of MM's postings, you should know that though she opposes the wmscog's methods, teaching, and leadership, she has a lot of compassion and mercy for the members themselves.  I would not use the word "bashing" to describe her posts.

I wasn't aware Hassan offered "freebie calls" for advice (I don't think so).

Her postings are keeping her son in longer?  No, not necessarily.  What someone "needs and requires to exit the group" that varies by person.  So does the time they take to wake up and get out.  How long would you expect someone to wait for their loved one to exit before they decide to get some support in a place like this and speak out about the group so others may be helped?  5 years?  20 years?  Think of all the time lost helping others in the same situation.

Many users here do vent their frustrations.  Have you ever tried venting about the wmscog to someone who has no experience with cults?  I can only think of one of my regular friends who can relate to what I'm going through.  I need to be able to talk about it to others who understand.  This is the place.  Or do you know of a local support group that would be better?  Is there a CA, Cults Anonymous, we should all attend instead of meeting here?

I do agree that we should not afraid or angry at other opinions being express here, because it keeps the discussion authentic.  But, discussion is MUCH better when those differing opinions are expressed with respect, and with the underlying assumption that we all care about our loved ones and have honest motives.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

BRB. Gonna make some popcorn and then finish reading through this topic. Its getting good and not the usual boring. I like it when it's nice and heated.  

jw03550
    Participant

ReHassan freebie:  pretty much all of them offer a freebie 1st – like, 30 minutes.

Brian Taylor wrote:

if he is so convinced that we have got it all wrong and are only proponents of the problem why does he stay?

because your thinking, Brian, is a$$ backwards, that's why.

Brian Taylor wrote:

Well, I just don't think that it's our fault that people remain in the wms for long periods of time.

1) I'll probably want to prove my parents wrong for the rest of my life.  Parents that jump on here and go cult, cult, cult, all day long might just as well hang a sign over their doorsteps that say, "welcome home from your cult. I told you I was right all along, dummie".

2) Its your assumption: I just don't think that it's our fault that people remain in the wms for long periods of time.

…the vast majority of the blame falls upon the group.  However, if we think we get a blank check to act however we want, and get to assume that zero blame for extending that membership, then we can say and or do anything we want.  That's being blinded by our own thinking, and it hurts those that need help.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Oh you guys. JW you said a bad word. My eyes, they are stinging right now. 

JW I still like your text book point of view. At least its something different than people just venting their cog problems. 

MountainMom
    Participant

You know, I am still feeling very good about that Today Show segment!  Nothing can rain on that for me. This is a really great day. I am finding that since the media has taken this on that doors are opening that were once closed.  Things are happening because of that, and we should all remember the original post. 

The people on this site, and the people who administrate the site were the catalyst for every good thing that has happened in our fight to expose the WMS.  I am proud of all of you!  Keep up the great work!

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Im confused. So JW, are you still a member of WMS?

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

And why is mama z in hiding?  ( last I checked).  And who are you JW. Was your old name simon? And what size of tires do you roll with?

Viewing 20 replies - 81 through 100 (of 159 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.