Lunar Calendar

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Moved-Comment
    Participant

This comment was originally posted by shimon on When Does the Sabbath Begin and has been moved here for further discussion:

Lunar calendar has nothing to do with when a day begins you are changing the meaning of lunar calendar to suit your purpose.

Likewise Mark and John both JEWS in their Gospels call Evening the SAME DAY between being Jewish and moved by Holy Spirit it seems unlikely they would make such a fundamental mistake.  Likewise Michal David's wife when Saul was going to have him killed said.. flee tonight or tomorrow you will be killed…. and Nehemiah called Friday Evening BEFORE the Sabbath.. ALSO The Passover lamb was to be sacrificed on the 14th day of the first month and eaten the evening of the 14th day but if a day started at evening that would be impossible because you'd need to eat it before it was even dead.

genny
    Participant

This is an interesting article about whether the day in Bible times was reckoned sunset to sunset or sunrise to sunrise:

http://www.biblicalperspectives.com/books/crucifixion/4.html

I found it very well researched and well balanced.

And shimon, think about this.  Our days begin and end at midnight.  There is night at both the beginning and ending of the day.  If I were to tell you that something happened overnight (a birth, perhaps), you'd need more details to know which day it should count on.

Likewise, if your day began and ended at sunset, you would see evening at both the beginning and ending of the day.  If something happens at 'evening,' you might need more details to know which day it counted on.  (It would be similar to 'morning' if you counted your days from sunrise to sunrise.  You'd have morning at both the end and beginning of the day.)

And you've got a similar language thing happening when you talk about 'tonight' and 'tomorrow'.  How do you use those words in everyday language?  If you have a flight that leaves at 2am, don't you tell your friend "I'm leaving tonight"?  Who actually says "I'm leaving tomorrow" in that case?

People didn't always have such accurate watches as we do now.  They looked at things more in terms of nighttime and daytime, evening and morning.  Do you know that our word 'tomorrow' originally meant 'at the morning'? 

Simon
    Participant

<Who actually says "I'm leaving tomorrow" in that case?>

I would actually.. Unless I was saying when I leave for the airport (needing to arive two hours early I'd naturally head there well before midnight)

Likewise the Hebrew says AND there was evening AND there was morning the first day… second day… third day… etc.

AND implies it connects the events described being followed by evening (which isn't really an accurate translation) which was followed by morning.

Simon
    Participant

Being a he, doesn’t make you right

Simon
    Participant

Sorry typing from phone being a jew.

And no matter if God chose the ancestor of the Jews Abraham was a gentile and father of them too.

The Jews as a whole forsake God for man’s opinion by the way so the mans opinion statement fails too

Simon
    Participant

Because that's what God said when he made his promise to Abraham.

Simon
    Participant

Nope he said you will be the Father of many nations.

Simon
    Participant

Two isn’t many

Simon
    Participant

yes but it says the nations are many not the members of the nations. btw Christians are often gentile (physically speaking)

Simon
    Participant

Yes gentile literally means nation but scripturally refers to nations not Israelite.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.