1988 End of the World Flyer
This article is dedicated to a young woman whose brother is caught up in the WMSCOG. May he and his family soon return to Jesus Christ.
I was surfing the net the other day and I came across this flyer from the Ahn Sahng-Hong Witness Association again. It had been a while since I wrote anything about it, and I thought it deserved a second look.
From what I understand, the Ahn Sahng-Hong Witness Association was an early name used by Ahn’s church (the man the WMSCOG claims was their founder, a claim they share with the NCPCOG). While the authenticity of the flyer can not be confirmed, there are a number of factors which lead me to believe it to be authentic:
- Ahn Sahng-Hong appears to have predicted the end of the world in 1988 in his own book
- Some of the arguments in this flyer are still used by WMSCOG members today (e.g. the argument about Israel or fleeing to Zion)
- The wording and tone of the flyer mirror very closely the language of some WMSCOG members today
- The WMSCOG has a Bible Study called “Jonah’s Prophecy” where they try to excuse Ahn’s 1988 prediction, so they themselves in their own study attest to Ahn’s 1988 prediction, but back to the flyer…
Tinged with Seventh Day Adventist folklore, the flyer pleads with the reader to flee to “Zion, the city of our appointed feasts“. In typical SDA and WMSCOG fashion, they can’t help but take a parting shot at established Christianity with overly dramatic language like “you have got decieved“, “ravenous wolves“, “tricks“, and “incredible rumors“. Sure. ::yawn::
|[singlepic id=62 w=320 h=240]
Download 1988 Flyer Page 1
|[singlepic id=63 w=320 h=240]
Download 1988 Flyer Page 2
Don’t forget my favorite line “one who deceives one thing is a man who decieves everything“. Why can’t those who disagree with you just be wrong? Why do you have to imply ill will with words like “deceive”? I guess you have to hype the drama to sell tickets to this movie right? (Somebody pass the popcorn).
Let’s point that finger back around at you for a moment. For an organization that claims to be led by the “mother god”, a woman living in Korea named Zhang Gil-Jah, who oh by the way is the Chairperson of the International We Love U Foundation, the last time I checked you had some glaring problems with your claims:
- Ahn Sahng-Hong Never Believed in a Mother God
- Ahn Sahng-Hong’s Failed Prophecies Removed From His Writings Over Time
- Ahn Sahng-Hong’s References to the “Second Coming” of Jesus Removed From His Writings Over Time
- Ahn Sahng-Hong Blatantly Contradicted Scripture
In the end (get it? the end?) I don’t really need flyers to remind me of this. I have friends. I have former members. I have current members. I have years and years of people who all say the same thing. The WMSCOG keeps predicting the end of the world and keeps getting it wrong.
Thanks, but no thanks. I’m sticking with Jesus Christ.
Got something to say? Comment below or join the discussion in the forum.