Picking up the pieces after wmscog

• Creator
    Topic
    Disturbed
    Participant

Most of you here on the forum have witnessed my journey of leaving the wmscog. A friend that left before me kept telling me that things would get better. In the beginning I didn’t see how. Many months have passed and I can honestly say as each day passes life improves.

I’m still trying to find my way with God. I have begun praying regularly without the fear of praying in the false gods name. I sometimes read bible passages. That part is going slow but I’m ok with that. Rome wasn’t built in a day.

I have finished school & I just got a job starting a new career. This year has been a journey for a new life. I wanted to thank everyone here who encouraged me. I hate that this situation is the reason we were all brought together but I’m really happy to know each & every one of you.

A very special thank you to Tyler and Michele. This website is the most awesome resource for those wanting to know the truth about the wmscog. I appreciate all of your work and the headaches you get from the wmscog on our behalf. I hope you two have special places in heaven for all the work you do for God’s children.

Curious1
    Participant

Dear disturbed, your story moved my very much. I'm so sorry I cult can do so much damage. Reading that you finished school and starting a new career, with this you're an example for all the younger members in this "church". You can get out and get a life. 

Wishing you well, and you'll succeed in life!!

MountainMom
    Participant

@Disturbed
    :  I pray for you. You are a brave person, and I know you will do well in your life out of the cult.  I also second what you said about Tyler and Michele.  We alll need to support them.

emil
    Participant

@Disturbed
    – I see your freedom growing everyday through your posts. Keep the faith.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Nice one, Disturbed.

Kai TIng
    Participant

If only there is a like button =) I feel happy for you

MountainMom
    Participant

I just wanted to bump this thread up for anyone who is just out.  There is a great life out there waiting for you after you come out of the wmscog.  Reclaim it and don't be afraid.

I remember watching a video of a lady who came out of the wmscog and she said for months after she left she was literally afraid to come out of her house because she thought an anvil would come out of the sky and hit her in the head!  Literally!  For many, the fear is what keeps them in this organization.  They live in fear.  But it subsides, and normality and happiness is at the end of that tunnel.  If anyone needs help, many of us on this site are ready and willing to offer support.  You aren't alone.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

That's right, take back what is yours: your happy healthy life.

From what I could see the wmscog wants your life, they want you to be under their control. My overseer called it "mind control." I thought to myself "What?! I don't think so" I've been struggling with their control ever since I entered the church. I believe it's cultural. Members are just puppets on a string. They appear to have given their lives over to the control of the church. 

Don't be afraid. Come out of her, (that is the church), and find God's blessing. Its out there waiting for you. 

Kai TIng
    Participant

I'd also like to add that for whoever that just came out, don't be afraid! Seek the Bible if it brings you assurance, there are great passages inside the Bible that is so clear and plain for anyone who actually reads them. It shouldn't take long for someone to leave the wmscog once they read the Bible for themselves.

Do a search on google and you will see that as early as the 1600s people have been proclaiming the end of the world and 400 years have passed since then! There is really no need to live everyday in fear. There is a new life out there for you to explore!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.