EX-WMS MEMBERS; YOU MIGHT NOT BE OUT OF THE WOODS YET!!!

• Creator
    Topic
    Joshua
    Participant

I was in church when my pastor brought to light a passage from Matthew that speaks directly to the idea of being delivered but not filled with Jesus. It may not make any sense to you but for myself I am really glad that my loved one came back to a faith in Jesus Christ after the drama/trama of the WMSCOG.

Matthew 12:43-45 …an evil spirit  leaves a person…returns and finds its former home empty, swept, and in order…the spirit finds seven other spirits more evil…all enter the person and live there…that person is worse off.

Please read the entire passage for yourself as I have abreviated it a bit. You may never fall for the WMS retoric ever again but if you do not get the true God into your life something else is going to start influencing you. Many people are overwelmed with fear, doubt, anger, hate, confusion, ect… Satan still has you just as much as when he had you in the WMS. You deserve better! You are a child of God. Don't expect to find a group that can give you all of the answers, find the one true God that has all of your answers! You need a truth to have faith in? Try this: We all work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. It's a gift from God that we do not deserve but He gives it to us anyway. Accept it, be filled by it, and love Him for it. You have been delivered don't let these other things come into you and make you worse off than you were. Bringing you into the light, Joshua.

emil
    Participant

Good post Joshua. Very important advice.

Simon
    Participant

I don’t think this. verse could apply to people who have not yet (re)found Jesus thoverall premise of the postough i would agree with the

emil
    Participant

I think the verse is even more important for those who haven't refound Him. There is another verse about the householder being strong and nobody can break in.

Sarah2013
    Participant

Joshua, I must say you picked the right scripture. I agree with you here. If we have open doors to sin, we can find ourselves in worse situation. It so applies. Thanks. So it is even more dangerous to be idle spiritually. I get it.

Simon
    Participant

But those who haven’t found jesus don’t fit the staightened up organized description

emil
    Participant

It does fit the empty and swept description better than the ones who have found Him again.

Simon
    Participant

But they aren’t swept until they find him so it can only refer to those who find and desert

emil
    Participant

OK if you say so. Now tell me who is empty.

Simon
    Participant

In this context those who desert Jesus

emil
    Participant

^ How do you reach that conclusion? We are talking about the context of Mt 12:43-45. An evil spirit has just left the person. Where does deserting Jesus come in here?

The context actually is about a person who has been delivered of an evil spirit and is still empty because the space left vacant by the evil spirit is still vacant.

Simon
    Participant

Ya SWEPT vacant place

MountainMom
    Participant

Well, I have to say, one of my fears is that even if my son ever got out, he would totally reject religion afterwards. How ironic I was always the one talking to him about "forming a relationship with Jesus" and then he forms a relationship with a fake one and a fake god.  Sometimes it is just so hard to see a light at the end of this tunnel. 

Harry
    Participant

MountainMom wrote:

Well, I have to say, one of my fears is that even if my son ever got out, he would totally reject religion afterwards. How ironic I was always the one talking to him about "forming a relationship with Jesus" and then he forms a relationship with a fake one and a fake god.  Sometimes it is just so hard to see a light at the end of this tunnel. 

Don't worry Mom there is a light at the end of the tunnel somewhere, in the meantime you can think of all the people you have helped along the way. Thanks

MountainMom
    Participant

Thanks Harry, it does help me to help someone else.  I really hold on to any positive thoughts I can, and you have helped me with that. 

Please be careful out there in the "wmscog real world."   And have a great week!

Joshua
    Participant

Another verse to back up the first one mentioned in this thread.

Luke 11:24-26

Please take the time to read these verses especially if you or a loved one has come out of this control group. I would HATE to see anyone end up worse off than they were!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.