Where do tithes & offerings go?

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Disturbed
    Participant

As a member I was taught that our tithes & offerings go to the “True God” in the order of Melchizedek. We keep the New Covenant Passover and in return give a tenth of everything to God. Now I was told all the money goes to Korea and “mother” determines how the money is spent, as she is god on earth. Now I’m hearing the church is distancing themselves from Korea saying they’re not affiliated with the WMSCOG headquarters in Korea. I wanted to confirm this before I made this post. I found the exact information in the lawsuit WMSCOG and Mark Ortiz against Michele Colon and Tyler Newton. Lines 34 and 35 state this church is an independent entity, legally and functionally.

If that is so, where the heck did my tithes and offerings go? In case you can’t tell I’m angry as heck! I never questioned this while I was a member because since they told me the money goes to Korea why would I think my “church” would lie to me. But why do we defer to Korea headquarters for so many things then if the churches are independent entities? You can’t have your cake and eat it too. Either you are separate or not. I have not seen or heard of any financial transparency so the question remains….where do the tithes and offerings go?

Where do the tithes and offerings go?

Anyone have a valid answer? Where do the tithes and offerings go?

emil
    Participant

I agree. See my 2nd post on this page. I just took the example of Abraham's family as a OT family. I did not mean to say he tithed repeatedly. Just that the tithe is expected on income not expenditure. In the age before currency, it would be 10% of the harvest represented by the first fruit, 10% of lambs or cattle or whatever produce of that family. Asking tithes on behalf of children on the basis of their expenses is akin to the OT family, having already tithed the 10% of the harvest, also expected to tithe 10% of all they ate from the remaining 90%. That is a ridiculous notion.

God my love
    Participant

yes I was told that tithe will go to korea for mother. If it don't go to korea how could they build such a great & beautiful building you can see in 2013 calender of WMSCOG. also in their wave site. all this is prophesy in the bible.

2 peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.  

2 peter2:2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.  

2 peter2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

guess who they are

Disturbed
    Participant

The temple has been built for a long time already and I don’t know of any others being planned on being built. They haven’t purchased too many “temples” in the United States. Sooooo….where the members tithes and offerings going? Possibly lining the pockets of the Koreans? The pastors claim to live humbly but I have seen some legal documents that say otherwise 😉

Simon
    Participant

they build/purchase more zions renovate pay mortgages and bills and buy food (in some Zions they actualy do buy the food)

Love'n Honey
    Participant

My old Missionary said that the church wasn't receiving enough money from the members. They were being held up my the money from Zahng……. yea, ok…

Chandler Bing
    Participant

YoMomma SoFat wrote:

My old Missionary said that the church wasn't receiving enough money from the members. They were being held up my the money from Zahng……. yea, ok…

LOL

Disturbed
    Participant

And just where does mama chang get her money from?! When was the last time she carried the heavy bundle on her head and walked all those miles to the market to sell her blankets?

emil
    Participant

Disturbed wrote:

And just where does mama chang get her money from?! When was the last time she carried the heavy bundle on her head and walked all those miles to the market to sell her blankets?

Don't you know how much she is suffering for your sins?

Anonymous

Blocking the sound. LMAO.

dear_all
    Participant

Have you paid attention to the closing prayer (Not the prayer in Silence or prayer of wishes) ; the prayer done by a leader after the tithes & offerings are collected ?

Something like

“allow us to use this physical material, & change it to spiritual material to establish many Zions throughout the world so that our ‘Lost brothers & sisters may have a place to flee to “

This is not exactly the same but its something similar.

So, I think the Money goes to establish Zions.

The WMSCOG has 2200 churches in about 150 countries , so I think the money is used for maintainence

Of the churches. I’m not 100% sure though.

What is truth
    Participant

neutral wrote:

Have you paid attention to the closing prayer (Not the prayer in Silence or prayer of wishes) ; the prayer done by a leader after the tithes & offerings are collected ?

Something like

"allow us to use this physical material, & change it to spiritual material to establish many Zions throughout the world so that our 'Lost brothers & sisters may have a place to flee to "

This is not exactly the same but its something similar.

So, I think the Money goes to establish Zions.

The WMSCOG has 2200 churches in about 150 countries , so I think the money is used for maintainence

Of the churches. I'm not 100% sure though.

Of course you are not 100% sure…. even though in your own mind you really are! (100% sure)…. I expect no one to rush to my aid. You and I can hash this out alone. When I was in the church, I would relish the opportunity to converse with one such as myself. I tell you that I ahve accomplished much. I have been around this earth… from east to west, then from west to east. Have you? Likely not. Yet you have some wisdom that we should all pause to hear??? I have risked my life for people like you to live free, and live free you have! Your free speech is proof of my success! But please do not insist on being deceptive, as they once also taught me to be. Think for yourself, and not for the korean machine… for once!! Admitting that you can is the hardest part. (humility)… It;s all downhill after that. Enlist yourself to a serious debate with me. Let us judge the victor with the truth together…. or are you scared to admit who you are and what you stand for????

Simon
    Participant

Thats what the brown envelope is supposed to be for.

Seriously though what they pray its used for neednt be what its used for

Azula
    Participant

Like it has been said before on various threads, THERE IS NO FINANCIAL TRANSPARENCY

The cult leaders never give an ccount of how much money came in or how it is spent. How then do we really know how the money is being spent?

Elaine
    Participant

So true Azula one member who is now a missionary asked for account and was told by the Pastor that "you will hurt mothers heart" He was then considered as an evil person and got him transfered to another Zion. They also alerted others in the group to be careful about him. "backbiting"

"allow us to use this physical material, & change it to spiritual material to establish many Zions throughout the world so that our 'Lost brothers & sisters may have a place to flee to " 

LOL – spiritual material is the "Big shine company"

Simon
    Participant

its not like any church or non profit really has transparency though

Sally
    Participant

Simon wrote:

its not like any church or non profit really has transparency though

In January every year, my church, a catholic church, distributes a complete financial disclosure of all money collected, how it was spent and what was kept in savings. Certified by a reputable, local, accounting firm. To my knowledge all Catholic churches do that. Not saying others churches don't. 

Simon
    Participant

oh ok one does

Sally
    Participant

Simon wrote:

oh ok one does

I researched this and found that it is a requirement of all catholic churches (in the USA anyhow) to give a full written accounting of all donations and other income as well as all expenditures including the salaries of all church employees, at the end of each year. So let's just say that all legitamate "ones" have finacial transparency. I am not insinuating that other churches don't do the same. I am just skeptical of the ones that don't. I suppose a good test would be to research the ones that do and the ones that don't. If they don't then perhaps they are hiding something from their congregation

Anonymous
    Inactive

The Roman Catholic Church and other mainstream Christian religions like Lutheran, Episcopalian, Baptist, all have formed many social non-profit institutions to help those really in need.  Check out your local hospital and see what religious name it has ….. Catholic Charities is huge …. and let's count the number of universities started by these religions … hundreds in the USA alone.  To even put one of these mainstream religions in the same conversation as WMSCOG is ridiculous.  These non profit institutions are transparent as they are required to be by law. 

The Moonie cults' Sun Myung Moon spent time in prison violating tax law related to non profits.  If you read the Ramirez filing closely you can see how the attorney is charging WMSCOG with violations of several nonprofit rules of disclosure.  WMSCOG flagrantly violates US tax code as do many cults like them.  That is also referred to in the Federal complaint.

They can fly under the radar for years …. but WMSCOG has a big problem now.  The Federal suit, if decided as I think it will be, will gain national attention.  Anytime an opportunity presents itself, provide the press with copies of that complaint.  It is a real eye opener.

Joshua
    Participant

I'm not a Catholic however, my church also does this. At least once a year they disclose how the finances collected were/are used and place the budget to a vote as to weather the budget should be accepted or changed. Before hearing about this group I thought this was how all churches ran. I never heard anything like it would hurt Jesus feelings if we told/showed you how the collections were used. Strange.

Viewing 20 replies - 81 through 100 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.