They Never Predicted the End of the World

• Creator
    Topic
    Moved-Comment
    Participant

This comment was originally posted by WMS brother on The WMSCOG's Failed Doomsday Predictions of 1988, 1999, and 2012. What Will They Predict Next? and moved here for further discussion:

1. That Facebook post is not an official announcement from General Pastor, or Heavenly Mother.

2. That Blog is not an official announcement from General Pastor, or Heavenly Mother.

3. The Court Case findings were not an official testimony from General Pastor, or Heavenly Mother.

*In fact, it plainly says that the findings were the testimony of family members, and a survey of the general assembly. Not an actual statement by the lead office.

——

Now… Some people might have said some dumb things along the way. This same event happened even right after the death of Jesus in his own church (gal 1:6). And so it is imperative that we return to the correct gospel. There was a huge stack of books Ahn-Sahng-Hong left behind that took years to thoroughly read, translate, and distribute to us.

Which is exactly why your missing one gigantic point:

*It is testified that god himself must re-appear and rebuild Zion before the last day, because it has been destroyed after the death of the apostles.

That’s a big study to swallow, but this verse is a lot more direct: "All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast" (rev 13:8)

There is a biblical event which -must- happen, in order for you to learn the truth in the last days. Otherwise you will continue to worship the beast just as God testifies everyone has been doing all along. There is no exception to the above verse, there are only those who are saved by the grace of god, in the manner through which God has described.

To conclude:

There is, in fact, only one church in the entire world, which follows -all- of the instructions of Jesus and the Apostles, without neglecting any of them.

prtyeyes
    Participant

1st… WMSCOG did predict the end of the world. So that’s lie #1. 2nd the WMSCOG did try to bring a lawsuit. It not hard info to find and I was even told by a current “brother” that there was a lawsuit. So that’s lie #2. 3rd the WMSCOG ISN’T the TRUE CHURCH for many different reasons but as always one that sticks out, is what you just did with that verse Rev 13:8. Which is chopped and screwed it, completely misinterpreting it. Stop picking out sections of verses to make it pertain to a point you’re trying to make, read all that surrounds the verse.

Simon
    Participant

prtyeyes wrote:

1st… WMSCOG did predict the end of the world. So that's lie #1. 2nd the WMSCOG did try to bring a lawsuit. It not hard info to find and I was even told by a current "brother" that there was a lawsuit. So that's lie #2. 3rd the WMSCOG ISN'T the TRUE CHURCH for many different reasons but as always one that sticks out, is what you just did with that verse Rev 13:8. Which is chopped and screwed it, completely misinterpreting it. Stop picking out sections of verses to make it pertain to a point you're trying to make, read all that surrounds the verse.

I don't see any claim in the OP saying WMSCOG didn't try to bring a law suit.

Furthermore in context Revelation 13:8 STILL says EVERYONE as in EVERYONE will worship the beast. No context changes the meaning of the word everyone.

prtyeyes
    Participant

Shimon in the OP, it’s trying to make it seem as though because the court case findings didn’t have official testimony from your head pastor or ” heavenly mother” that’s its not really ” them” suing! What ever! I guess WMSCOG has some communication issues if your head pastor and ” heavenly mother” are presumed to not have agreed w/ the law suit or give official testimony. But that’s something your church does very well, a lot of pushing things in circles so nothing can ever be 100%

Simon
    Participant

An interesting point loocpoc

Simon
    Participant

prtyeyes wrote:

Shimon in the OP, it's trying to make it seem as though because the court case findings didn't have official testimony from your head pastor or " heavenly mother" that's its not really " them" suing! What ever! I guess WMSCOG has some communication issues if your head pastor and " heavenly mother" are presumed to not have agreed w/ the law suit or give official testimony. But that's something your church does very well, a lot of pushing things in circles so nothing can ever be 100%

I am pretty sure that is not the intention of the post but that the results of a lawsuit are not proof of predicting the end of the world.

Findings are an outcome not who is suing.

prtyeyes
    Participant

I know that’s not the intent of the post. The intent was to try to make ppl believe that they didn’t predict the end of the world 3x and failed each time. The facts are they did predict it and failed each time. Your church should learn to be honest and upfront and stop conducting itself with a ” when all else fails… DENY policy w/ certain issues that arise.

Simon
    Participant

the facts are the witnesses who caused WMSCOG to lose the case were later found guilty of perjury

prtyeyes
    Participant

Please show me these facts that you claim about WMSCOG losing the case because of perjuring witnesses.

king34
    Participant

where can you find information of this law suit I nver herd about it?

Jubilee
    Participant

TO see the court case go to top of page and click on: EVIDENCE

you should see court cases,  this one is from 2005

Plaintiff

Church of God World Gospel Association<br style=”margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ” />

395-67 Sindaebang-dong, Dongjak-gu, Seoul<br style=”margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ” />

Chairman Joo Cheol Kim<br style=”margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ” />

Legal Counsel, Kyung Yong Park, esq.

Did you guys notice who's name is on the court case you are discussing?   Why is General Pastor the Chairman of this:

'CHURCH OF GOD WORLD GOSPEL ASSOCIATION"?

Jubilee
    Participant

okay I guess I couldn't copy & paste.  But you can find it.

prtyeyes
    Participant

Thanks Jubliee!

genny
    Participant

Moved-Comment wrote:

This comment was originally posted by WMS brother on The WMSCOG's Failed Doomsday Predictions of 1988, 1999, and 2012. What Will They Predict Next? and moved here for further discussion:

To conclude:

There is, in fact, only one church in the entire world, which follows -all- of the instructions of Jesus and the Apostles, without neglecting any of them.

What are ALL of the instructions of Jesus and the Apostles.  Please give me a list. 

I have asked this of many wmscog members, and no one has been able to give me a complete list yet.

If you are going to claim that you obey ALL commandments, then you MUST have a list of all the commandments to know that you are not neglecting any.

Do you have a list, Shimon?

genny
    Participant

loocpoc wrote:

I know there are 613 commandments I must follow (620 if you count the Noahidic laws)

Yes, the Jews have a list, but the wmscog says they don't follow the 'Law of Moses' but the 'Law of Christ.'

How about a list for the 'Law of Christ'?

Simon
    Participant

genny wrote:

loocpoc wrote:

I know there are 613 commandments I must follow (620 if you count the Noahidic laws)

Yes, the Jews have a list, but the wmscog says they don't follow the 'Law of Moses' but the 'Law of Christ.'

The 613 laws are an extrapolation not a solid count there are inconsistencies on how the 613 commandments are codified among different Rabbanim and not all Rabbanim accept the number 613 as valid such as Rabbi Abraham Ben Meir Ibn Ezra

Ibn Ezra believed, “In reality there is no limit to the com- mandments” because each mitzvah of the Torah has infinite implications. In the words of the Book of Psalms, I have seen an end to every purpose; But Thy commandment is exceedingly broad (Psalm 119:96). If we want to compile a list of the commandments, however, we have to follow the laws of logic and categorize the commandments. If we do so then the mitzvoth do not add up to 613 commandments. In fact according to Ibn Ezra’s calculations, there are only about sixty mitzvoth in the Torah.

Oscar
    Participant

When I was a member the issue of the end of the world would come up several times. I mentioned about the doomsday date of the Maya of December 21, 2012. (I used to be into conspiracy theories and doomsday prophecies.) The missionary told me that we have to see if it happens then the prophecy of the Maya would be true. Then later when I spoke of the doomsday prophecy with several other members they said "Yes, Mother said that the end of the world will be in 2012." Two deacons, about 5 different members told me the same thing. They never never ever ever ever told me it would be the end of a gospel age or something to that effect. They would just plainly say the end of the world is in 2012 or say that Mother said that.

genny
    Participant

shimon wrote:

genny wrote:

loocpoc wrote:

The 613 laws are an extrapolation not a solid count there are inconsistencies on how the 613 commandments are codified among different Rabbanim and not all Rabbanim accept the number 613 as valid such as Rabbi Abraham Ben Meir Ibn Ezra

Ibn Ezra believed, “In reality there is no limit to the com- mandments” because each mitzvah of the Torah has infinite implications. In the words of the Book of Psalms, I have seen an end to every purpose; But Thy commandment is exceedingly broad (Psalm 119:96). If we want to compile a list of the commandments, however, we have to follow the laws of logic and categorize the commandments. If we do so then the mitzvoth do not add up to 613 commandments. In fact according to Ibn Ezra’s calculations, there are only about sixty mitzvoth in the Torah.

Are you saying that the 613 (or whatever number in the Jewish list) are the list of commandments the wmscog says is required?  Or that there is no limit to the commandments?

If the first, isn't that the Law of Moses which is no longer required?

If the second, then how can you know and confidently say you obey ALL the commands of God?

Simon
    Participant

I was quoting,a rabbi about 613 not being a valid codification.

btw loocpoc reread, the quote he NEVER called the psalms commandments

genny
    Participant

I think this discussion about all the commandments needs its own topic, so I'm going to start one.  We can continue there.  That way this thread can stick better with its topic of end of the world predictions.

Simon
    Participant

genny wrote:

I think this discussion about all the commandments needs its own topic, so I'm going to start one.  We can continue there.  That way this thread can stick better with its topic of end of the world predictions.

That sounds fair 🙂

Two things we need to note about 2012 (cannot say anything about the other predictions atm without looking at notes I have to be sure I know what I am saying)

1) When I did the study about 2012 (the feasts) they said it was the end of the Gospel age not the end of the world and emphasised it doesn't have to be the end of the world this was in April or May 2010

2)Either way 2012 didn't fail fulfillment yet.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 163 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.