SO MUCH FOR FAITH!

• Creator
    Topic
    Joshua
    Participant

I just had a thought. The Bible says that we are more blessed than the Disciples because we believe without seeing God in the flesh the way the Disciples did. We have to believe in God and his glory and power sight unseen. The WMS takes away this blessing with every trip taken to see Zahng. All of the pictures of this lady are no different. Why would anyone want blessings taken away from them much less promote an idea that takes this blessing away? I await an honest response on this. Please don’t be hateful.

prtyeyes
    Participant

@Shimon… Yes this does apply to “people” looking to find a relationship with God and not know how to really go about it, like I did. Thank God for family and friends in my life who knew enough to question the things about this church that I did not. Other than my granparents I don’t come from a strong family of Christians! Meaning most of my family has faith but didn’t attend church regularly or know much about the bible. I recently started really reading the bible and also wanted to find a church! My friend who is currently a member of the WMSCOG told me about your church(not a lot) so I decided to see if it was a fit for me. Very nice ppl stayed all day on Sat. with my teenage daughter, got baptized( I was very naive) and its a bit embarrassing but I did it. Once I found out more after the fact about the church I never went back. Sorry so long and off topic but I wasn’t led there by God. I was lead there by the brain God provided for me to make decisions for myself and came to the conclusion myself that that was not the right place for me or anyone. I thank God for that! I’m now reading the bible for myself and using other sources for bible studies, hopefully one day soon I will find a great church to attend but first I want to know Gods word and message for myself w/o some “man” reciting it to me w/o me knowing the scriptures for myself.

Simon
    Participant

So if that verse applies to that situation how come the only thing that ever came into my life after praying was WMC until over a year where it was Mormons (who also believe in a Heavenly Mother btw) followed by basicly a sex object to put it bluntly.

Which sounds like God sending WMC Mormons or a sex object or ignoring my prayers completely and a bunch of random happenstance?

Especially when you consider how convoluted the chain of events that allowed WMC to contact me.

prtyeyes
    Participant

I can’t say for sure why WMC came into your life. But you sound very much like my friend who already had faith in God wanted to find the “right” church and got caught up in the wrong one, because they appeared to be very nice and very convincing. It’s just hard for me to understand that now that you have come to this forum and been fed facts and certain knowledge that you don’t begin the thought process of questioning things you’ve been taught. God loves you and wants you to question and test things so your PERSONAL relationship in him will keep your faith strong.

genny
    Participant

Shimon, since I don't know you or your circumstances that well, I can only venture to guess that maybe you haven't noticed other ways God is (or was) trying to get your attention.

I'm pretty sure you agree that Satan tries to lead people away from God, and that he masquerades as an angel of light (2 Cor. 11:14).  If you pray that God would show Himself to you and lead you to know Him, you should also keep in mind that Satan would be happy if you followed him instead.  That's why whatever comes, you have to test to know if what you've found is truly from God (1 John 4:1).

Just as an example, if someone prayed that God would make Himself known to him, and then met a Hare Krishna who wanted to share their beliefs with you, does that mean Krishna is the true God?  Not necessarily–you'd need to test it out.

You mention a convoluted chain of events in your meeting of the wmscog.  God is very good at arranging circumstances like that, but Satan is also a schemer (2 Cor. 2:11), so you still can't tell without a testing.

If you think that this kind of testing is bad because it means you are 'lacking faith' — God told you to do it, and how else are you going to distinguish a false prophet if you don't test?

One more thing, Romans 8:28 says, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."

Even if something bad happens, God can turn the situation around and use it for good, if you will let Him. 

In your case, perhaps God will use your experience in a false church to bring about an even stronger, more personal experience with Him when you finally see the truth.

Simon
    Participant

loocpoc wrote:

So in other words.. Your church stole mormon belief in the term of heavenly mother…. So your church beleives in the SDA beliefs, mormonism and catholism??

Nope  They say the Heavenly Mother is Ashereah

genny wrote:

Shimon, since I don't know you or your circumstances that well, I can only venture to guess that maybe you haven't noticed other ways God is (or was) trying to get your attention.

I'm pretty sure you agree that Satan tries to lead people away from God, and that he masquerades as an angel of light (2 Cor. 11:14).  If you pray that God would show Himself to you and lead you to know Him, you should also keep in mind that Satan would be happy if you followed him instead.  That's why whatever comes, you have to test to know if what you've found is truly from God (1 John 4:1).

Just as an example, if someone prayed that God would make Himself known to him, and then met a Hare Krishna who wanted to share their beliefs with you, does that mean Krishna is the true God?  Not necessarily–you'd need to test it out.

You mention a convoluted chain of events in your meeting of the wmscog.  God is very good at arranging circumstances like that, but Satan is also a schemer (2 Cor. 2:11), so you still can't tell without a testing.

If you think that this kind of testing is bad because it means you are 'lacking faith' — God told you to do it, and how else are you going to distinguish a false prophet if you don't test?

One more thing, Romans 8:28 says, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."

Even if something bad happens, God can turn the situation around and use it for good, if you will let Him. 

In your case, perhaps God will use your experience in a false church to bring about an even stronger, more personal experience with Him when you finally see the truth.

Why did God NEVER send anyone to me for over four years?

and Satan cannot set up nearly as complex plans as this. It would take moving my grandparents making me need to move to where they live to try and find a job making the only affordable apartment in walking distance of WMC causing a snow storm on the one day they choose to preach in my neighbourhood but ending it before they choose to do so so they can preach

genny
    Participant

shimon wrote:

and Satan cannot set up nearly as complex plans as this. It would take moving my grandparents making me need to move to where they live to try and find a job making the only affordable apartment in walking distance of WMC causing a snow storm on the one day they choose to preach in my neighbourhood but ending it before they choose to do so so they can preach

There was no one you knew who went to any church?  There were no church events in your area?  You didn't flip past a Christian radio station or tv show?  You didn't have a Bible to open and read?  (I don't know how old you are, but) There weren't any Christian groups passing out flyers at your college campus?  There was no neighborhood church you could stop by to ask questions?  Maybe God wanted you to take a step toward Him without waiting for someone to seek you out?  Just ideas.

And you underestimate Satan.

king34
    Participant

well idk if most of you guys have been to this church but 95 percent of the members are 18-30 and most of them have never studied the bible before like me .thats why when you go there you find so many things amzing and wow I never knew that.and then they tell you thats why this is the true church . I must admit is a very nice environment ,very friendly I believe thats why most of them let there gurd down and they get sucked in .

Joshua
    Participant

Check this out.

Simon
    Participant

genny wrote:

shimon wrote:

There was no one you knew who went to any church?  There were no church events in your area?  You didn't flip past a Christian radio station or tv show?  You didn't have a Bible to open and read?  (I don't know how old you are, but) There weren't any Christian groups passing out flyers at your college campus?  There was no neighborhood church you could stop by to ask questions?  Maybe God wanted you to take a step toward Him without waiting for someone to seek you out?  Just ideas.

And you underestimate Satan.

I still have the opinion the non WMSCOG churches in this town are mostly culty as well  just not necessarily as bad..  if you remember from my story i did just move here at that time so no I didn't know people my grandparents who are fairly devout didn't even have a church here while they lived here… and as I didn't go to college that wouldn't apply and now that I have been around there was no church near by and the only Christian show I had access to were The Cahtolic Mass on Sundays and Shepherds Chapel which is just as bad as WMSCOG just different doctrine. 

But I did read the Bible on occasion looked for answers… still haven't found a good church I mostly now read the Bible, check the Hebrew and Greek at Bible.cc and concordances and stuff have a few Christian friends I think this town is awful for spiritual growth (well just plain awful in general…

and I do wonder why God led me here in life or what exactly happened leading me here in life but maybe I still have to wait for an answer… maybe the answer should be obvious and I just can't see it…

Travis
    Participant

@Simon, why the notion that God put you there .. Why wait for answers that may never come .. Maybe, and just a big maybe, God wants you to forge your own future. Find your own answers instead of waiting for the answers to magically appear on some wall or trees. 

I think that the greatest mistake in Christianity and Christians alike is that we think that God is going to give us the answers to everything as if he's just there babysitting us .. He already created us and gave us this earth with everything in it … Don't you think we're being a little irresponsible, selfish and arrogant as well by waiting for answers instead of doing something about it..?? by asking God to fix every damn issue with run into. 

I think God got so tired of all of us asking for favors and then doing whatever we want when we're ok that he left us be and do whatever. 

It's the only logical explanation for Ash and Zangh to get away with their claims of being Heavenly Mother and Heavenly Father .. We just ask and ask but don't do anything for ourselves .. Maybe we do deserve Ash and Zang after all 

dear_all
    Participant

Even tho people leave a religion, they don’t criticize it. I have seen Hindus convert to Christianity & Christians back to Hinduism.

And tho, they don’t belong to the religion, they have tolerance. But here I find people even who believed in this church wmscog, disrespectful of the leaders. Jesus said Love your enemies & pray for those who persecute you. He said forgive them. I know it’s easy for me to say that. But, christians ought be respectful. Even tho you don’t like them, give respect. You can use Mr. Or Mrs. While referring to people bcx, I think in the mind of wmscog members, the God they believe have own dignity. If you want their responses, I guess u need to be little bit tolerant. I don’t think they want to respond back, if you insult them publicly.

Smurf
    Participant

neutral wrote:

Even tho people leave a religion, they don't criticize it. I have seen Hindus convert to Christianity & Christians back to Hinduism.

And tho, they don't belong to the religion, they have tolerance. But here I find people even who believed in this church wmscog, disrespectful of the leaders. Jesus said Love your enemies & pray for those who persecute you. He said forgive them. I know it's easy for me to say that. But, christians ought be respectful. Even tho you don't like them, give respect. You can use Mr. Or Mrs. While referring to people bcx, I think in the mind of wmscog members, the God they believe have own dignity. If you want their responses, I guess u need to be little bit tolerant. I don't think they want to respond back, if you insult them publicly.

Thanks @neutral, we need feedback like that. It helps us solve issues more efficiently.

What brings you to this forum, if I may ask ๐Ÿ™‚

dear_all
    Participant

Like my user name “neutral”, I’m neither on side of Ex-members nor on side of WMS.

I just wanted to give my opinion. I’d been really interested why do members get out from the wmscog.

I have seen members who although have been bumped into this so called exposing the wmscog, yet still they are willingly spending their time at the church. I’d be interested to know, when this website started, &2 to know more about the members who left.

I saw one of the most famous link in this website where Missionary Ron decides to leave church.

I’d be interested to know more about him & happy if I can contact him. I also had contact with Mr. Steve Hassan via email, so as I can get Ron’s contact. But he didn’t get back to me which is ok.

Smurf
    Participant

You claim you are neutral, yet your wording says otherwise. Need I remind you white lies are still lies ๐Ÿ™‚

But for the sake of everyone getting along, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, Mr. neutral.

If you want to know more, look at the former member section https://www.examiningthewmscog.com/former-member-testimony/

dear_all
    Participant

Ok. You can think of me whatever you you can, that’s up to you. But that’s not important to me at all.

I didn’t quite understand what you meant when you said ” I will give you benefit of doubt Mr. Neutral “.

Could you please elaborate ?

setufree
    Participant

Before we jump to conclusions that neutral is a spy, hacker, or church leader, let’s embrace him/her. The fact that they came on here even if it is with ill intentions is a big step that they took. They chose to go against the internet is evil, and see the site for themselves. Let’s not be so paranoid like the cog, and instead welcome Neutral with an open mind and heart. Remember Neutral could have been one of us, or a family member searching for answers but too scared to ask their Wmscog brothers and sisters.

The more negative we react to these people the more they will revert back to wms and feel like we the site proved their theory that we are all Satan and the internet is one big slander propaganda machine.

Welcome to the site Neutral ๐Ÿ™‚ I hope you can let us answer any questions you have.

Simon
    Participant

Travis wrote:

@Simon, why the notion that God put you there .. Why wait for answers that may never come .. Maybe, and just a big maybe, God wants you to forge your own future. Find your own answers instead of waiting for the answers to magically appear on some wall or trees. 

I think that the greatest mistake in Christianity and Christians alike is that we think that God is going to give us the answers to everything as if he's just there babysitting us .. He already created us and gave us this earth with everything in it … Don't you think we're being a little irresponsible, selfish and arrogant as well by waiting for answers instead of doing something about it..?? by asking God to fix every damn issue with run into. 

I think God got so tired of all of us asking for favors and then doing whatever we want when we're ok that he left us be and do whatever. 

It's the only logical explanation for Ash and Zangh to get away with their claims of being Heavenly Mother and Heavenly Father .. We just ask and ask but don't do anything for ourselves .. Maybe we do deserve Ash and Zang after all 

Never said I was waiting for answers just that I do not know them, nice straw man though.

Azula
    Participant

neutral wrote:

… But here I find people even who believed in this church wmscog, disrespectful of the leaders. Jesus said Love your enemies & pray for those who persecute you. He said forgive them. I know it's easy for me to say that. But, christians ought be respectful. Even tho you don't like them, give respect. … If you want their responses, I guess u need to be little bit tolerant. I don't think they want to respond back, if you insult them publicly.

This statement is just so ironic.

For one we know that the cult actually sues people. And this from a people who claim to be following the Christ. Christ was the one who said we ought to turn the cheek, but this would be pretender of Christ actually takes people to court.

And (un)neutral would then say that they deserve respect? When they themselves have shown little respect to those they deem their enemies!

Like the real Christ said by their actions you will recognise them and I can see that the wmscog is nothing but a cult. It does not follow the true teachings of Christ.

What is truth
    Participant

Azula wrote:

neutral wrote:

… But here I find people even who believed in this church wmscog, disrespectful of the leaders. Jesus said Love your enemies & pray for those who persecute you. He said forgive them. I know it's easy for me to say that. But, christians ought be respectful. Even tho you don't like them, give respect. … If you want their responses, I guess u need to be little bit tolerant. I don't think they want to respond back, if you insult them publicly.

This statement is just so ironic.

For one we know that the cult actually sues people. And this from a people who claim to be following the Christ. Christ was the one who said we ought to turn the cheek, but this would be pretender of Christ actually takes people to court.

And (un)neutral would then say that they deserve respect? When they themselves have shown little respect to those they deem their enemies!

Like the real Christ said by their actions you will recognise them and I can see that the wmscog is nothing but a cult. It does not follow the true teachings of Christ.

Indeed… "And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well." Jesus's words, not mine. Instead, the cog will slander the plaintant, and not make any effort to "give the coat as well"… I wonder why?    Heb. 6:1 "If any of you has a dispute with another, do you dare to take it before the ungodly for judgment instead of before the Lord’s people?" In fact, you have better than the Lord's people… you have the lord herself, right? What court would she ever need to sue the money right out of someone who disagrees with her? Jesus needed money once also, he pulled it right out of a fish mouth!! Your god sues……. just saying. 

Viewing 19 replies - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.