Is there any way to respectfully leave the WMS?

• Creator
    Topic
    Joshua
    Participant

My loved one has seen the truth and has left the WMS. Besides the phone calls trying to get her to come back in for one more study, or the promise that all of her questions will be answered no one will talk to us. People who acted like they were her friends or like they cared about her don’t answer our texts, return our phone calls, or respond to our emails. I’ve heard many stories now from former members about rumors being spread about them. I personally spoke with a missionary from San Diego once who promised to call me back with answers to my questions. She never called me back but she did try to put more division between me and my loved one. Not Christian in attitude or action at all. Is anyone able to leave this group without things being said like, “She’s been mislead by Satan, or her faith was weak?” Why can’t any of these so called friends who supposedly care and love so much just talk to us about why we no longer believe the WMS teachings?

genny
    Participant

Hi john doe,

I am sorry you are having a difficult time, but so glad that you were able to make the break away from the wmscog.  How long has it been since you made that decision?  About how long were you a member, and what was it that caused you to leave?

I don't mean to pry, but I find inspiration from stories of ex-members, and I am always looking for hints of things to talk about with my sister if the opportunity comes up.

john doe
    Participant

I think I have been gone from the church about 8 month's or so and belonged to the church as a member for over a year.  The reason why I left the church is one time when I was trying to preach the truth to some one at a store they told me a book was written by the person I beleived to be second coming christ that there was no mother God and they wrote down the name of this sight for me to investigate.  This person was also an ex member and knew alot more than I did.  One good thing is I was never able to get any talents or get anyone to come to church which made me feel very bad while I thought I was in the truth.  To make along story short I came to this sight right after I had meet this person at the store and there is just to much information disproving the teachings of the World Miission Society Church of God.  I have still been very sad since I left the Church because I really enjoyed belonging and really did beleive all the lessons and every single word they said.    

Simon
    Participant

Talents certainly are an emotional trap

Simon
    Participant

I’m also glad I never bore fruit that.stayed its probably more wonderful a feeling knowing I didn’t lead anyone astray than it ever is for them to bear fruit

Sueno Maruyama
    Participant

john doe wrote:

I have still been very sad since I left the Church because I really enjoyed belonging and really did beleive all the lessons and every single word they said.    

That is a huge issue.  One thing that is important is that you find some other people to help and support.  Cults like this prey on lonely folks.  Try to join a Christian church in your area, or if you were brought up Jewish, a synagogue.  You will find a welcoming atmosphere in most of these churches.  I would recommend a Roman Catholic priest or monk if possible.  PM me and I can give you some more ideas.  Please believe me when I say that there are many great churches that would LOVE to have you as a member.

Joshua
    Participant

I think this thread and the transformation of people involved in this conversation is very inspiring. Enjoy once again.

Simon
    Participant

Oh crap I can't understand stuff I said here : wow

Travis
    Participant

I just went through the entire threat ..Inspiring to know how people have found their way out  .. The one I know who's in .. does not seems to find it .. its  painful to know she might stay there a very long time due to her own stubbornness and ignorance 

Joshua
    Participant

Simon wrote:

Oh crap I can't understand stuff I said here : wow

Isn't it amazing? When people are involved in this group their logic is so distorted. It makes perfect cense to them at the time which makes it really hard to talk to them reasonably. You were one of the first people I was involved with helping to bring out of the WMSCOG. Now you have an idea of where I was and where you were. I'm so glad you're out! I still hope that you can find yourself some folks you can fellowship with. It's important.

dear_all
    Participant

I know few who have left Peacefully & respectfully.

One of them was by closest friends(made in wmscog)

Joshua
    Participant

I've got to call you on this one. The people who have left may have done so peacefully and respectfully but I have serious doubts that the leadership of the WMSCOG would willingly let current members freely remain in contact with those exmembers. Sorry to call you out like this but there is too much information from the past decade that proves otherwise. Please check out Rons post in reguards to this.

dear_all
    Participant

Joshua

I disagree with you on this.

I don’t want to mention any1’s name here

but the one I know, lives in same area.

Joshua
    Participant

We are not going to find closure on this. It's going to be a he said this and he said that kind of thing. I really don't like going round and round on things like this. Please take the time to read the testimonies of former members. It's not very loving the way they have been treated.

Viewing 13 replies - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.