Is there any way to respectfully leave the WMS?

• Creator
    Topic
    Joshua
    Participant

My loved one has seen the truth and has left the WMS. Besides the phone calls trying to get her to come back in for one more study, or the promise that all of her questions will be answered no one will talk to us. People who acted like they were her friends or like they cared about her don’t answer our texts, return our phone calls, or respond to our emails. I’ve heard many stories now from former members about rumors being spread about them. I personally spoke with a missionary from San Diego once who promised to call me back with answers to my questions. She never called me back but she did try to put more division between me and my loved one. Not Christian in attitude or action at all. Is anyone able to leave this group without things being said like, “She’s been mislead by Satan, or her faith was weak?” Why can’t any of these so called friends who supposedly care and love so much just talk to us about why we no longer believe the WMS teachings?

genny
    Participant

shimon wrote:

It is leading people to hell.

Unless it's leading people away from hell?

Joshua
    Participant

In your opinion it’s leading people to hell. I don’t think you have taken any time to realistically look at the information on these websites. It appears that you’re only a wolf in sheep’s clothing. You are not here seeking truth you are only here to confuse and mislead people. Why are you so cold and blind? You do not see and don’t seem to care how destructive this group is. If you are so unwilling to let the people here help you to understand the problems then maybe it’s time for you to go away until you’re ready for real truth.

Simon
    Participant

genny wrote:

shimon wrote:

Yes this is true but it would be clear that from WMC opinion it is not. And obviously we are going to act of WMC opinion.

prtyeyes
    Participant

Oh Shimon! Why would you do things based off the WMC “opinion” Why wouldn’t you do honest research for yourself to know what is true, not just because “they” tell you so. Like you just stated that’s their opinion not a fact!

Simon
    Participant

please don't twist my words it is disingenuous

prtyeyes
    Participant

I’m not twisting your words, it’s what you wrote plain as day!

Simon
    Participant

No you are twisting my words. I never said it is not fact, neither did I say it was my actions.

prtyeyes
    Participant

You said, “And obviously we are going to act of WMC OPINION”! When you state “we” the way you did it includes yourself. And if something is an opinion( beliefs or judgements) its not a fact! Once you prove it then it will be a fact!

Simon
    Participant

Actually a fact is a fact proven or unproven believed by none or all.

Considering I clearly did not take the action in place I was using we in a different manner.

prtyeyes
    Participant

I don’t know if you’ve taking the action or not, so when say “we” unless you specify that you yourself don’t believe this opinion it suggest that you include yourself in the”we”. And just because you’ve never taking the action doesn’t mean you don’t believe it!

Emily
    Participant

shimon wrote:

genny wrote:

shimon wrote:

Yes this is true but it would be clear that from WMC opinion it is not. And obviously we are going to act of WMC opinion.

Why would you "act of WMC opinion"?  Do you make all of your major decisions based on WMC opinion?  What if you found out that their opinion was wrong?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

I was answering the question, “how do you respectfully leave…” I’m not leaving. But if I didn’t want to be apart of anything, not just church, I would use that response as a guideline. =)

Joshua
    Participant

Renita, do you have any concerns about the WMS and it’s teachings? I’m sorry, I know that you do. Let me rephrase my question. What are your concerns about the WMS and it’s teachings?

Simon
    Participant

Emily wrote:

shimon wrote:

genny wrote:

shimon wrote:

Why would you "act of WMC opinion"?  Do you make all of your major decisions based on WMC opinion?  What if you found out that their opinion was wrong?

Then I would act accordingly

Simon
    Participant

prtyeyes wrote:

I don't know if you've taking the action or not, so when say "we" unless you specify that you yourself don't believe this opinion it suggest that you include yourself in the"we". And just because you've never taking the action doesn't mean you don't believe it!

I said we because it is still my church.

prtyeyes
    Participant

So you do you or don’t you believe it’s leading ppl to hell?

Love'n Honey
    Participant

Joshua:

Your style of response is very ________. I can't find the word right now but here's what I'm trying to say. Instead of deleting and retyping your question, you made it a point to ask "do you" and then add, "let me rephrase.. what". I can understand saying this in person because one cannot simply delete what comes out of one's mouth. But in text, you can.

Anywho, my concerns? Well, the arranged marraiges. The bible studies that I have been denied. The world not ending in 1988. These are just a few.

Joshua
    Participant

Renita, the more you post the more hope that you inspire me with. I’m not sure if you mean to do that but the more I see you searching for the truth the brighter your light seems to shine. Thank you for inspiring hope. Sometimes it’s all that we have.

Joshua
    Participant

I think we need to create some coming out events around the country so current members can see that they have a choice. They have support outside of the group. That it’s ok to leave the cult and embrace the life God has given them. A recent news article shows a sizable group leaving the Mormon group. Some of these folks might not have left if they were to try to do it alone. There’s power in numbers. I’m sure there’re people who want to leave but they don’t think that there’s anything for them outside the group. Lets show those folks support and help them out of this entrapment.

john doe
    Participant

When I left the church I only talked to one member about it and it was like talking to a brick wall.  I have not talked to any one else about it I just left or you might say vanished.  I was receiving 10 to 20 hang up calls a day up until about a month ago on my voice mail which I would have to delete when I got home from work.  I never answer the phone anymore when I am home because I still don't feel like talking to members about why I left  and I don't think it would do any good.  I have been reading this sight for awhile but would not when I was going to the church of god because we were told not to because it was like eating from the tree of good and evil.  At least thats how I think they described trolling on the enternet or somthing like that.  I know I must of known Simon or at least seen him at the church while I was there but don't really know who he is.  I don't hardley even prey or talk to God anymore I am just at a loss and very disapointed by this experience.  I don't spell very well so sorry for the bad grammer and spelling. 

Viewing 20 replies - 41 through 60 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.