Hymn Book

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

If I remember correctly, I believe the oldest song in it is from 1986.  Can anyone explain why?  If this was such a legitimate religion/organization, I would think the songs would be older?  I'm also thinking why not before ASH died if he was the real thing? 

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

At the end of the hymn book they have a collection of oldies. #415 – Oh, Zion is our Fortress Strong is from the year 1529. Do you wanna double check that song for me?

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

(ASH is not the real thing. Bible prophecy states he is a false Christ btw.)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Song #415 is Glory Evermore and it was written by Ok-Gi Kim, music by Ok-Gi Kim 9-24-2000.  That song is not even listed………..hmmmmmmmm   imo…. I smell another rat…………….

Othniel
    Participant

it depends which hymn book though my one (I got one I wanna say 18 months after joining) has plenty from the 1800s

oh and mine had to be at least the third in English because the book that they used before the one I got had a different "new song number" than the photocopy of there is a fountain filled with blood they always made us sing durring baptism.

Othniel
    Participant

though the older versions are coopted and changed stuff around in fact the song Martin Luther wrote was A Mighty Fortress is Our God they changed the first verse from being about God to being about Zion (uh oh)

and completely changed the last half of the stanzas to being about Ahn Sahng-hong (2 of the 3 verses were originally about satan in the second half two uh ohs there)

and dropped the fourth verse completely

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Hmmm… so the cog changed things again. Not surprised, not at all. Like shifting sand they are. Twisted by the dark side they have been…

Selena
    Participant

The songs at the end of the book are from the 1800s. However, they did not write the original songs. They are copied from mainstream Christians and changed where necessary to say Ahnsahnghong. So no the songs written by wms does not predate the 80s but the ones that they didn’t write do

Ms Freedom
    Participant

Interesting! They talk about how other faiths are imposters and not of god – of satan. But they take the songs written by the apostates and sing them to worship their god. So they sing songs of the devil? 

Here is the truth – prior to the 30s and 40s, the majority of Koreans were Buddist (including Ahnsahnghong's parents). When missionaries came to preach Christianity, they brought with them their hymns and taught them to their converts. WMS is like the other Christian churches in Korea; they use original songs from Christian hymn authors. They may alter some of the words but the foundation is the original (which to them would mean apostates and not carriers of the truth). 

This is a clear indication that the members do not question their beliefs or think critically. When mother dies, I hope they all sing, "I'll Fly Away" and then they can stand around and wait for that to happen.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.