New End of World Rumors?

• Creator
    Topic
    MountainMom
    Participant

I have recently heard that the church members are spreading a new end of the world rumor, saying that World War III is going to break out soon.  Some are saying they need to quit jobs and make sure they can get to the church so they can be there when it happens.  Some of these people saying this are ones that were in the church when the 2012 end time prophecy failed, so I don't know how they can spread these rumors in good conscience without a doubt in their minds. I guess that is a testament to the power of mind control, though.

Anyone else heard variations of a new scare tactic?   

GabeS90
    Participant

Where is this church located at? I haven’t heard anything, I’m not a member but I a friend that is, and hasn’t told me anything

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

You got to be kidding me. This sounds like when I was back in the church in the beginning of 2012. Are they creating urgency to go out preaching and to get new members in the church? Probably. This church has to be clueless about the prophecies. Babylon the city hasn't been established yet. Tell these cog people to talk to me about the end in 100 years. These people, freaking eh…

GabeS90
    Participant

Mayor and Mike, how you doing man, so you were in church back in 2012? How did you get out? I’m trying to help my friend out, she’s being brainwashed so bad, as I write she’s getting bible study, sadly

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

My circumstances were different. I had a not so good pastor who I thought was jealous and envious and greedy. He thought he could be a problem for me. He helped me out actually. He didn't want me to have a career and life outside the church. He wanted me to "follow the group" by working for $15 an hour, live in a rental apartment and spend all my hours under the control of the church. I couldn't do both. I picked career and life instead.

Also I started examining the church while a member. I found enough errors in the doctrine like when they kept the passover on the 15th day of Nisan instead of 14 or how they keep half a sabbath day. 

I just got myself out eventually.

GabeS90
    Participant

Thanks for sharing mayor and Mike! Appreciate ot!

MountainMom
    Participant

@Mayor and Mike:  Don't feel bad, I think all the pastors believe a member is jealous, envious, and greedy unless they do exactly as they are told by their leadership.  If they can't control someone, they are suddenly devoid of all good attributes in that place.  Ask anyone who "fell away."  More like "got away" in my opinion.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Lol. No. Not me. I thought HE was the jealous type, green with envy, green like the grinch, a little greedy. Not me mountain mom. I'm not the type. Haha. And yes, got away with my life fortunately. Lol. 

MountainMom
    Participant

Mayor and Mike wrote:

Lol. No. Not me. I thought HE was the jealous type, green with envy, green like the grinch, a little greedy. Not me mountain mom. I'm not the type. Haha. And yes, got away with my life fortunately. Lol. 

Oh, Lol!  I read it again and saw my error.  Well, I am sure your pastor was just as you described him.  Anyway, happy you got away with your life!

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Ya, I'm thinking what my poor life could have been. Married pre-arrange-gedly, controlled, tired, always acting like a south Korean member, always at the church, loss of life and new experiences while they leech everything from me, 10 Koreans packed in my house living for free and who knows what else…

MountainMom
    Participant

Add to that, spending money on going to Korea multiple times to see "God" whom I've heard is "nice." Lol.  Being separated from family and hurting other relationships as well.  Missing out on a lot of fun and free will.  We could go on and on, couldn't we.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

But getting back to the cog end of the world for a second time, I think I realize some of their logic with this…

Matthew 24:14 says, "and this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole whole as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come."

Last I checked the cog is on a huge preaching mission since late last year. If I remember correctly they planned to preach to 7 billion people. 

I've heard it said in the wmscog that they want to "speed God's coming"

Then they add another end of the world date.

Then if the church gains many new members around the world then "the ends justify the means" 

The new recruited members justify the previous lie, the new end of the world lie.

I think that is whats going on here.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

On and on and on. And on and on. Yes mountain mom.

MountainMom
    Participant

Yes, Mayor and Mike.  There is always a new recruiting urgency scam.  In 2011 or 12 it was the 10 Talents movement.  Their goal for each member was to recruit 10 more.  Of course, I understand it didn't count unless that "Talent" tithed. 

Also, after 2012 didn't happen, then it was supposed to be in 2013, then 2014, then the scare about the North Koreans, now it's the threat of WWIII.  And also they were preaching 2018 on the west coast at one time.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

WW3 should be the battle at Armageddon in the near east. It will cause the fall of the city Babylon. Later in the future. Not 2018.

They can preach 2018 all they want. (Don't believe them).

UntouchableJ
    Participant

How are they coming up with this nonsense. They are getting worse. I saw a member last week. I spoke, she ignored me. They are sooo wicked.

MountainMom
    Participant

UntouchableJ wrote:

How are they coming up with this nonsense. They are getting worse. I saw a member last week. I spoke, she ignored me. They are sooo wicked.

And they call themselves "Christians."  So sad that they shun former members simply because that person spoke out.  i guess if they aren't your friend now after you left the church, they never actually were.  Fake and fair weather friends, unfortunately.

MountainMom
    Participant

Bump

guest1332
    Participant

The Wmscog did not predict that the world was going to end in 2012 or any other years before that.
    This is just ridiculous, just because they may have said so many times we are in the last days; doesn’t not mean to say they meant the world was

going to end in that specific year. Do more research instead of assuming it was all them predicting something that never happens. I’m not protecting them however, it’s just my opinion being said -.-

genny
    Participant

Hi guest1332.

How long have you been studying with the wmscog? My guess is less than 5 years or you would know about the 2012 teaching.

WarriorQueen
    Participant

I received this message from my LO last night.. I’m certain this world war 3 rumor of the end is happening.. smh! All I can do is cry and die a little inside each day cause he’s so far lost..

“I Love you! But I know whats coming in the near future and Im not going to be stupid and leave Zion especially with the insight I have of being in Zion and in the Military! I wish I could share in full detail but I cant on here. All I can say to warn you is to go to ZION quickly!! Better listen me!!”

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.