Criteria for being in the Cog

• Creator
    Topic
    AbbaFather07
    Participant

Serious question: Why are there so many foreigners and people in the military in the Cog? Its all I see. BTW I hate the fact that the forum has been taken over by spam or whatever mumbo jumbo posts?!

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Why? Have you been at a few services?

Othniel
    Participant

AbbaFather07 wrote:

Serious question: Why are there so many foreigners and people in the military in the Cog? Its all I see. BTW I hate the fact that the forum has been taken over by spam or whatever mumbo jumbo posts?!

I would think Millitary would be amongst the easiest to recruit due to moving around a lot and the way millitary basically brainwashes as well they are already used to such a system and hierarchy…

just some thoughts…

Brian Taylor
    Participant

Bump

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Also an officer is used to the command and control. And control of a person is what the church wants of its members. 

(the spam and nonsense is from cog head office I believe). They have a tech team. I listened to one of their reports when I was in Korea. 

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Mayor– Thats very interesting!!

I thought the tech team were also asigned to making sure that WMS net traffic was high, so that certain info came up first in Google.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

I'm sure they are boosting their Internet numbers. They are also monitoring the sites that talk about their church. You know the sites, the ones that are exercising free speech. The ones that are not under "control" of the cog or the ones that are not approved by the church. 

Square1
    Participant

They target folks who are in a 'transitioning' phase of life, or somewhat lost, looking for something new. Typically common among foreigners and/or military folks, also lots of college students, the list can go on 

WarriorQueen
    Participant

Square1 is right.. Also I believe the military is targeted because they have a steady flow of income! And they know this..

MountainMom
    Participant

The flow of income is paramount.  I also believe miltary is targeted because the Wms knows they are taught to obey their superiors without question.  I just saw something on tv about this very subject.  Interesting.

WarriorQueen
    Participant

Yes Mountain Mom!! They’re already pre programed with the criteria needed to be the perfect member!! Sad..

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

We all need that steady flow of $$$. Gotta pay your tax, gotta pay your rent, make sure you keeping track of every cent, and always keeps a little for entertainment. Cause…

AbbaFather07
    Participant

I left out college students. My brother in law indoctrinated my husband right after we got married/bought a house/he enrolled in college…I would definitely agree they target people going through a transitional phase. Newsflash! My husband and my brother in law were both in the military.

AbbaFather07
    Participant

I just saw ANOTHER yt video of a college student that was approachex while she was on her college campus. She said she almost got sucked in if some other college students didnt warn her!! The video is pretty interesting bc she said she got approachex by a head pastor named Johnathan. She goes to University of Arizona. She was referring to my brother in law. They deceived her by saying nothing about Mother God until she got baptized. Why would anyone in the right mind rush into a baptism without knowing all the info…its awful that they are targeting college campuses now along w military

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Abba WMS justifies that several ways. They often say, “A baby needs milk…not meat. Just as that Baby, we can’t teach about Mother to soon or they might choke”. A member whom I was close with and had been in WMS since 2006 told me they would wait for Many months, to preach about God the Mother. Wms really believes since it is the “True” church, they have all of the teahings and can reveal them as they see fit. They fully (in my opinion) know that Ahn and Zhang as God is a hard pill to swallow, so the feed it to you little by little. Because they want you to grasp it….so you wont go on a site like this, and find out Ahn had a bunch of kids, a wife, a “side piece” and didnt live in a shabby shack, or go hiking up Mountains.

WarriorQueen
    Participant

@Abba text me that link please.. I haven’t seen anu new videos lately

AbbaFather07
    Participant

Definitely!

anon7
    Participant

@abbafather07 they really make it look like it’s just like the early church before you baptize. No one thinks to ask “you don’t happen to believe in a Jesus’ wife God do you?” They were often not even told about ahnsahnghong before baptizing either. They use the pitch “we’re the early church-we’re just like the early church.” A few swipes at other churches-a few verses saying “we do what the early church does-we’re the only ones doing it!” Much later they morph-well other churches do the feasts-but they stole it from our church! And they don’t do them right.” Much later they morph “well yeah, there was church called world wide church of God, led by Armstrong, they did the Passover before sahng was ever born… But they didn’t do it right-they didn’t believe it gave them eternal life, so it was just a ceremony on the day of the Passover-sahng taught the meaning of the Passover, therefore he’s Jesus!” And in the back of your mind your like, couldn’t sahng have gotten the Passover idea from the Armstrong church…? Then you hear so many times “satan blocked the Passover in 325AD. but really God blocked it. So only who can unblock it? Only the one who blocked it!” And you’re like “did you mean to just sound like maybe satan could bring the Passover.” A member literally made a joke about it one time. When the overseer said “so only who can unblock the Passover?” The member said “satan.” He laughed. No one else laughed. And i started to wake up… That had to be years ago, like 2.5 years ago or 3 years ago… Idk. It’s all a time blur. But they don’t say any of that before you baptize (they didn’t use to). With me they did “look we’re the early church. If you don’t baptize and you die tonight, you’ll go to hell.” I was scared. Literally before i baptized i prayed “God please forgive me if this is sin.” I was just scared of going to hell… So i baptized “just in case” it was all true…

MountainMom
    Participant

I was also baptized, but not because I was afraid of going to hell or anything like that.  My son asked me to.  I trusted him.  I told him I had already been baptized, but he said, "What if I thought they did it wrong?"  I didn't ask questions, I was kind of distracted at the time.  I thought it was a "born again" type of thing, you know, something like renewing vows or something.  Really should have asked questions, but at the time, I trusted my son with anything.  He had never done anything at any time that would have made me mistrust him or his loyalties to family.  Now it is entirely different, of course. 

I honestly did not understand ANYTHING about this religion before being baptized because my son told me it was Christian.  I was a Christian, so I wasn't worried ab out it.  I knew nothing at all about Ahnsahnghong or the "Mother", but they baptized me anyway.  Found out much later what it was about, and that they suckered others into the baptism the same way.  So utterly dishonest.

anon7
    Participant

Wow-@mountain mom-i didn’t know that. Well no other church baptizes into some random guy’s name… So no one thinks to ask. I don’t know if you all know-recently they morphed-now before baptizing, the person HAS to do several “basic” studies first…(in most cases).

MountainMom
    Participant

anon7 wrote:

Wow-@mountain mom-i didn't know that. Well no other church baptizes into some random guy's name… So no one thinks to ask. I don't know if you all know-recently they morphed-now before baptizing, the person HAS to do several "basic" studies first…(in most cases).

Many other people had the same exact experience.  Now it may be different, but I'm sure it's still deceptive.  I actually thought Ahnsahnghong was the Korean name for Jesus.  The Christian Jesus, since my son said they were Christian.  I couldn't understand most of what the Korean Pastor said.  He really didn't speak English very well at that time, lol!

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.