How dark it must be in the WMS!

• Creator
    Topic
    Joshua
    Participant

Every so often I get a nugget out of my pastors sermon that I feel is relevant to share with you. Today my pastor showed us some brain-imaging technology that showed the difference of what a brain looks like when a person is being truthful and when they're lying. The image of a truthful brain is very luminus and full of light. The deceptive brain is very different when imaged. It contains dark areas and much less lumination. We bring into ourselves darkness when we try to suppress the truth and lie to ourselves. When I think about this further I remember that the WMS also keeps many of the shades drawn on their windows, their doors closed, and much of the outside lumination to a minimum. I remember that in the church that they bought outside of Washington DC they were even kicking out the old stain glass windows because they represented, to them, the Sun and the light it brings. They're so hardcore on Sunday services of Christians that they even preach that worshipping on Sundays is really worshipping the Sun. Well, if we are worshipping the Sun because it's Sunday then they are worshipping Saturn because they worship on Saturday! I worship Jesus, as all true Christian do, and as He is described as the bright morning Sun and the bringer of light (ie truth) then I am guilty of desiring the light. When the members of the WMS go to service they are brought in out of the light, cut off from others that could bring light into their lives, and steadily deceived by the teachings and leadership of the WMS. I know from talking to former members that they have felt the darkness and the deceptiveness of the WMS. How dark does something have to be in order for people to "feel" it? My emotions for these folks run like a roller coaster. At times I am seriously frustrated with them, sometimes angry, but many times I simply feel sorry for them. They are is such a dark spot in their lives and they are deceived into thinking that this is how it's supposed to be. Oh man that's gotta suck! I would love to hear some feedback on this folks. Tell me what you think.

Brian Taylor
    Participant

I think that what you’re saying here is spot on. I remember while I was in the thick of my WMS tenure, being inwardly miserable, not sleeping, working day in and day out for “zion”and thinking that I might not even make it to heaven. I’m sure many other current members feel this same way, yet they are held hostage in the WMS through the lie ” we are all sinners from heaven deserving death” I think the hardest part for them would be in the aftermath in realizing they’ve been used.” Dark” is a good way to describe it.

Kelli
    Participant

Joshua & Brian, You both are so on spot with this, I have talked with you both and you are both very intellgent men. My emotions are also all over the page. I am sure my family members and my friends are tired of me talking about the WMS, I myself wish I didn't have to. I also told myself I will never give up on my daughter and I promised my grandson, who suffers the most, that i would protect him. Poor Baby almost died due to them disconnecting my daughter from her first born son, and neglect he has suffered at the hands of WMS. Sometimes I get very angry, Most times I am sad, sometimes I laugh because just the mention of a mother god and most of thier twisted bible verses, I find it hysterical that anyone believes this b.s. Then I remember what everyone here has taught me, they (memeber's) bless their hearts, are brainwashed and so mind controlled, and so sleep deprived, that its a wonder they can even make a simple thought on their own. The Leaders probably like it dark because maybe deep down, they know they are going to Hell. They come over to our country and take advantage of our young impressive, most times at a vunerable spot in their lives, our youthful american sons and daughters. Taking all their money, decieving them time and time again, this should be agaisnt the law for God's sake. This is a money laundering, corupt, doomsday, cult. I find it hard to believe that as many loved ones who suffer over a family member being trapped in this Hell Hole, that the I.R.S. or High Ranking Government Offical has not put and end to these evil Koreans and all their wrong doings. When my daughter tells me shes happy, theres no smile on her face, she says it over and over like its a pre-recorded message. How can one be happy, living in such darkness, fear, guilt, and doom? Oh yeah not to mention broke and so many other things the WMS demands of their members. I want my daughter out and my grandson not raised in a cult, I also pray all the decieved and brainwashed members get out too. Thanks to the good people on this formum that remind me, this is not a sprint rather look at it as a marathon, and Joshua you don't know how relieved I was, when you said nobody stays in a cult forever. These words and the good advice I have gotten from so many of you's, is what keeps me in the struggle. I also love my daughter unconditionally, which I know for a fact, the WMS don't makes me even more confident that i will never give up, because I know there is Light at the end of this. God Bless Everyone of You!!!

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@ Brian Our, “zion” was literally 100 ft. from the downtown park. I remember watching people jog, picnic etc on Saturdays wishing I could do the same. Joshua is also right….nobody stays in a cult forever. Members who have been there for a super longtime, have serious issues. They remind me of Maggi, from Roots. When Kunta wanted to run to Freedom, she valued beimg enslaved more. There is more security being a “slave” in Wms.

They choose your mate for you.

They choose your thinking

They occupy your time.

They guilt trip you for your personal likes and beliefs. And on and on.

Kelli, your daughter isn’t happy. But one thing WMS instills in members, is pride. They are to prideful to admit when they are tires, stressed, hungry or unhappy. “Fodder sacrificed so much, why you look sad?”

UntouchableJ
    Participant

They fail to recognize that Jesus was sometimes, Sad, Angry, cried etc. I remember an Elder telling a man who was upset at being yelled at, “Your being arrogant, for being upset!!”. But again, they make you believe the lie, and then when you don’t beleive anymore, the hold psychologically leaves you spinning in circles.

Azula
    Participant

Joshua wrote:

…My emotions for these folks run like a roller coaster. At times I am seriously frustrated with them, sometimes angry, but many times I simply feel sorry for them. They are is such a dark spot in their lives and they are deceived into thinking that this is how it's supposed to be. Oh man that's gotta suck! …

I feel the same too at times, but these things do take time. Sooner or later the emotional, psychological and financial fatigue will become too much and that's when they decide to leave. At that point they need true support and unconditional love from folks outside the cult. Wasn't there some verse in the bible about pharisees who swallow a whole camel and wear out a gnat or something of that nature? That describes the attitude of the cult leaders well.

Joshua
    Participant

Azula wrote:

I feel the same too at times, but these things do take time. Sooner or later the emotional, psychological and financial fatigue will become too much and that's when they decide to leave. At that point they need true support and unconditional love from folks outside the cult.

For those of you that have spent time reading the forum or talking with me individually you know that my number one piece of advice is to keep the line of communication open! This is so vital for these trapped individuals. Keep shining a light so that they can find a way out! If they don't know how to leave then they are more likely to stay in. That's gotta really su/ck! You know that whay you're involved in is not right but you don't know how to leave, where to go, who to trust,… Trust is one of the things this group manipulates the most. For members and ex-members do you remember the manipulation of, "If we don't have the truth then where are you going to go to get the truth?" Trust us, we have the truth, no one else does, you'll be lost if you don't trust us, you can't trust your own mind! Arrogant, methodical, misguiding, prideful, narcisistic, in a word "EVIL"! Keep those lines of communication open! Keep showing them light! Give your loved ones someone they can trust so that they feel supported. They will know that they have a place to go when they decide to leave the WMS. Give them HOPE!

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Anyways, getting back to examining…

The wms sure causes a lot of outrage and controversy. Even Westboro baptist church doesn’t do it like the wms.

Be there for the member who is in the church. That is best. Yes, cutting them off would indeed keep them in. As the new song states, “if we leave (mother) where on earth will we go?” don’t let the wms let the member think is no place to go.

anon7
    Participant

Kinda just wanted to chat a little bit…per say. I knew some wms leaders checked this site, monitoring it. That’s why i posted here, hoping someone from inside would wake up and see…

…i had always thought a lot of your comments on this site were humorous. It seemed the ones who left wms (the ones who post on this site)-it seems they left bc things just didn’t feel right. The wms doctrine appears logical at first glance. They have a counter argument for everything. … What’s fact is true even if it didn’t make total sense, and half truth is only half lies though it makes ‘perfect’ sense… The members are caught up on ‘this is so logical.’ etc… They think it’s ‘infallible logic.’ there’s almost infinite ways to paint a picture with enough colors. With all the verses in the Bible, a colorful picture can be painted. Wms paints a picture calling it beautiful… But is it the storyline of the Bible? …is it even what Sahng wrote?… Sahng made sure to put stuff in every book so they couldn’t throw out every book though they threw out a couple of his books saying they were for the past… Everything to counteract their doctrine is in each one of his books, especially the law of Moses law of Christ…

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.