Advice needed

• Creator
    Topic
    AbbaFather07
    Participant

My brother in law is coming to visit and he is bringing his mail order bride. I know he is going to want to do Bible studies. That is the main reason he is visiting…it isnt to see his family…so I need some advice on how to not lose it when he is doing all the studies. My in laws and the rest of the fam including my husband are going to be hanging on his every word so I need to know how to open their eyes. I need to know what questions to ask, Bible verses to bring up and all the reasons you ex members arent in the cult anymore. I dont handle my emotions well so I dont want my bro in law looking better then me bc he is calm and collected. I would like to handle this visit differently then the rest. In the past I got very angry and or didnt attend any studies or avoided my bro in law all together. Please and thank you!

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Its gonna be a little difficult, being that you dont know which studies he will try….I’ll try to get back with some references

AbbaFather07
    Participant

True! Maybe I can find out. His family thinks he is just coming to visit but I know better. Literally he cant just relax he always has to be preaching or doing studies:(:(

Square1
    Participant

The person who brought me into the cult eventually told me their 'secrets' to successfully recruiting new members, because at the time I wanted my friends and family to come. He said that they always ask potential new members about their past, and what religion they currently practice so that they know what exact studies will resonate with them the most. That is how they hook the newbies. So, if your brother begins to ask you and your family personal things like that and trying to relate it to their studies, particuarly using the phrase "actually, did you know that…" then try your best to shut the conversation down. A popular one is the sabbath on saturday or their belief that we 'were created in heaven' before being born on earth. 

Molly
    Participant

I agree with Square 1, they will study the Sabbath with you. Brush up on the Sabbath day and how Jesus kept it. They love to say “we should follow Jesus’ example.” But they are not keeping it according to the Bible. They are only keeping half the Sabbath day. They teach the Sunrise vs. the Sunset theory this is not in the Bible. They taught us this study in Korea and it was ridiculous and made no sense. I swear people left the cult after this go around. I felt like we were in the Tower of Babble. If the church can’t convince you, they will confuse you. This is not a new command or a new law according to the Holy Spirit. This is a theory! Something they made up this did not come from the Holy Spirit. This is not how Jesus and his disciplines kept the Sabbath day.

WarriorQueen
    Participant

Stay calm.. And text or call me at any time if need be!! I’m Here for you!!!

Square1
    Participant

I agree with Molly, and their 'evidence' will also include the way they outline an ancient calendar compared to the calendar we use today. It may be best to just avoid the conversation by saying you're not interested instead of trying to point out their contradictions, because they are really really good at rebuttal and it would only go south. Even if you try to say that the day one worships god shouldn't matter because what matters is that you believe and worship no matter what, they will still say that the day matters because Sunday worships the 'sun god' in their minds. 

Joshua
    Participant

Square1 wrote:

I agree with Molly, and their 'evidence' will also include the way they outline an ancient calendar compared to the calendar we use today. It may be best to just avoid the conversation by saying you're not interested instead of trying to point out their contradictions, because they are really really good at rebuttal and it would only go south. Even if you try to say that the day one worships god shouldn't matter because what matters is that you believe and worship no matter what, they will still say that the day matters because Sunday worships the 'sun god' in their minds. 

I agree with the worshipping God should not be only limited to one specific day. Here's something that I've found that sets them back a bit; Saturday is a day to worship Saturn. Not much of a strech there. If Sunday is the worship of the Sun then Saturday HAS to be seen as the worship of Saturn. A bad doctrine is still a bad doctrine even if people choose to believe it. 

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Joshua has a grest point. All of the days of the week are named after “pagan” dieties. But they may say, “That is why we say, SABBATH day.” A main scripture to hit them with is Romans 6:9. It states Christ can’t die again. He will try to use “Savior of eqch age” sermon, and state that we are in the age of the Spirit, and that sometimes we have many roles but are still one person (Im a Dad, a Husband, and a Son…but Im still on person). Keep focusing on the point. Telling him that God wouldnt say it wasnt so.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Plus, MANY of the things that will transpire when Christ comes a second time(check Revelations), are things that CAN’T be reassigned metaphorically. He will attempt this as well. For instance “All men will see him in his Glory” says the bibke, yet, WMS says that ASH had to come in secret (?).

UntouchableJ
    Participant

Also, he won’t have solid answers to “Issues with the Veil”…and why God(ASH supposedly)

1.Couldnt or didnt have a prophesy for a woman sneeking to read a book.

2. Wrote and preached about Jerusalem, NOT being a person(“so God can lie whenever he wants now?”)

3. Why ASH married and had kids, didnt divorce his first wife. Many issues with this supposed logic.

I could go on and on…

AbbaFather07
    Participant

Square1 you couldnt be more correct. My husband was raised Catholic so he couldnt get baptized fast enough when he was first indoctrinated by the cog. Oh and the Sabbath day. Basically my husband was mind blown bc his whole life had been a “lie”. Gottem!

AbbaFather07
    Participant

You guys are great! Thanks for your help! Im taking in all this info. This time I will be prepared. I know you will be there for me Warriorqueen:) Thanks!!

AbbaFather07
    Participant

Molly they do love to say they are the only ones that follow Jesus. Yet they deny his name(by not praying in the name Jesus), they worship 2 idols, they divide families, they lie, and show boat ( look we did a clean up look we got an award from Pres) none of these things Jesus would do…

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

Really? They say they follow Jesus? They told me they “follow Mother.” It wouldn’t surprise me if they changed their story.

UntouchableJ
    Participant

@Mayor Remember in the Today show story, Missionary Powers kept saying, “We just want to follow the teqachings of Jesus”.So they are using technicalities to justify a lie.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

I don’t remember actually. I’ll have to rewind that video and press play. I get what you are saying. Those technicalities. That interview was pretty watered down. You don’t get the whole truth about all that is going on in there.

And a current member really does deny Jesus himself.

Joshua
    Participant

You may want to look up one of my older post about what really happened at the last passover. As for the Sabbath, the example that Jesus set after the resurrection is what I choose to follow. If Jesus is the Lord of the Sabbath as He said He is then I want to follow the example He set for us. Check out all of the time He gathered and broke bread with the believers after He rose from the grave. It's really obvious.

Mayor and Mike
    Participant

What really happened at the last passover?

WarriorQueen
    Participant

Untouchable please go on and on!

I need a refresher!!

AbbaFather07
    Participant

Mayor yes my bro in law praises Jesus when he does studies but not in his everyday life if that makes sense. For example Jesus wants us to keep Sabbath and Passover so why wouldnt we do this. But in the same token he tells my husband dont eat food prayed over in Jesus name and praise F & M. Its very confusing to me. When he comes to visit I have no idea what to expect. Last time he came down I had a work conference and missed his study and wish I was there bc he explained to the fam that he never said 2012 was the end. If I would have been there I would have spoke up and called him a liar.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.